|By PR Newswire||
|September 19, 2012 08:02 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DREAMFORCE 2012 -- Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today announced new social and mobile cloud computing innovations that connect companies with their customers, partners, employees and next-generation products in entirely new ways. These breakthrough technologies will enable companies to transform how they sell, service, market, collaborate, work and innovate for the social revolution. The announcements were made at Dreamforce 2012, the world's largest vendor technology conference ever with more than 90,000 registered attendees.
Comments on the News
- "Today's leading companies recognize that business is social," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "With new innovations across our six product lines, companies can transform the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work and innovate in order to connect more deeply with customers."
- "Social is no longer just for consumers, it's also for businesses," said Steve Eliss, EVP, Wells Fargo. "With social innovations from salesforce.com, we can bring the Wells Fargo brand to life for every customer in how we engage them."
Business is Social: Connecting with Customers in Entirely New Ways
A worldwide social revolution is taking place today. There are more than 4.5 billion social users around the world and they are having more than 150 million conversations everyday on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more.
But the social revolution is no longer just a consumer movement, it is creating a customer revolution for every business today. Fortune 100 companies are experiencing 123 percent growth in the number of fans on Facebook, while website traffic continues to decline. IDC reports that spending on social networking is up 47 percent, the highest growth in spending for any technology category. A 2012 IBM CEO study reveals that social will become one of the top two ways companies can engage customers at the expense of traditional methods. And a 2012 McKinsey Global Institute study reports that 70 percent of companies have adopted social technology—and that these social technologies have the opportunity to unlock $1.3 trillion in business value. Today, business is social.
As the leader in enterprise cloud computing with a proven track record of social and mobile innovation, salesforce.com is empowering companies to connect with their customers, partners, employees and products in entirely new ways.
Today at Dreamforce 2012, salesforce.com announced new technologies that enable companies to transform how they sell, service, market, collaborate, work and innovate. New innovations include:
- Salesforce Touch, Salesforce Chatter Communities for Partners and Data.com Social Key: Salesforce.com will transform selling for the social and mobile era with new Salesforce Touch, Chatter Communities for Partners and Data.com Social Key. Salesforce Touch, powered by HTML5, expands on salesforce.com's native mobile strategy and will bring Salesforce to any mobile device—regardless of platform—and empower reps to collaborate on deals anytime, anywhere. Chatter Communities for Partners will connect companies with distributors, resellers, suppliers and more to drive sales through seamless deal registration, access to proven sales tools and collaboration with the right experts. And Salesforce Data.com Social Key will unite the best context from social networks with traditional company data, enabling enterprises to build stronger relationships with customers and close more deals, faster.
- Chatter Communities for Service: Chatter Communities for Service will turn the old world of legacy portals upside down by enabling customers to tap directly into a private social community of industry peers and company experts. And Chatter Communities for Service will integrate with the industry-leading Service Cloud to ensure customers get the best service.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud: The Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the first suite to unify social listening, content, engagement, advertising, workflow, automation and measurement. By combining industry leaders Buddy Media and Radian6 to power the Marketing Cloud, brands now have a proven suite to manage all social marketing activity and access common assets in one place.
- Salesforce Chatterbox: Salesforce Chatterbox will deliver simple and secure file sharing across any device with the proven trust of Salesforce. With Salesforce Chatterbox, people will be able to manage and share files in the context of their business.
- Salesforce Work.com: Work.com, the world's first social performance management platform, transforms the way companies align around social goals, motivate their people with real-time recognition and rewards and drive performance with continuous feedback and relevant performance reviews. In addition, a new partnership with Amazon.com enables companies to reward and motivate their people directly from within Work.com.
- Next-Generation Salesforce Platform: The Salesforce Platform, the world's leading enterprise cloud platform, today introduced Salesforce Identity and the Salesforce Touch Platform. New Salesforce Identity will deliver "Facebook-like identity for the enterprise," a single, social, trusted identity service to access and centrally manage every cloud app. And the new Salesforce Touch Platform will allow mobile apps to be written once and deployed anywhere, using the same cloud platform services developers love using today. With nine major enterprise cloud platform services, companies can now accelerate innovation and deliver next generation social and mobile apps with unparalleled levels of speed, mobile and trust on the Salesforce Platform.
Experience the Power of Social at Dreamforce 2012
Salesforce.com is extending an invitation to join the social revolution at Dreamforce 2012, now the world's largest vendor technology conference, taking place from Sept. 18-21, 2012. In front of a record global audience, salesforce.com will demonstrate how companies are using social and mobile cloud technologies to connect customers, partners, employees and next-gen products in entirely new ways. And with more than 750 sessions and 350 cloud companies in the Cloud Expo, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, thousands of live demos and unparalleled networking.
Salesforce Sales Cloud Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Touch is generally available today on iPad, and is currently scheduled to be available on iPhone and Android the first half of 2013.
- Salesforce Touch is included in all Salesforce editions.
- Chatter Communities for Partners is currently scheduled to be available in limited pilot in fall 2012.
- Chatter Communities for Partners is currently scheduled to be generally available the second half of 2013.
- Data.com Social Key is currently scheduled to be generally available the second half of 2013.
- Pricing of Chatter Communities for Partners and Data.com Social Key will be announced at general availability.
Salesforce Service Cloud Pricing and Availability
- Chatter Communities for Service is currently scheduled to be available in limited pilot in Fall 2012, and is scheduled to be generally available the second half of 2013.
- Pricing of Chatter Communities for Service will be announced at general availability.
- Desk.com is generally available today. Pricing starts at $49, per full-time agent per month, for unlimited usage. Flex pricing is also available for $1 per part-time agent per hour.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud is generally available today for customers, starting at $5,000 per month.
- Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
Salesforce Chatter Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Chatterbox is currently scheduled to be available in pilot the first half of 2013.
- Pricing of Salesforce Chatterbox will be announced at the time of general availability.
Salesforce Work.com Pricing and Availability
- Work.com is scheduled to be generally available in calendar Q4 of this year. Pricing and packaging will be announced at general availability.
- Salesforce Rypple is currently available today. Pricing starts at $5 per user per month.
Salesforce Platform Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Touch Platform is generally available now and included as part of Force.com. The Mobile SDK and other mobile components are available on Github: https://github.com/forcedotcom.
- Salesforce Identity is scheduled to be generally available in 2013. Pricing of Salesforce Identity will be announced at general availability.
- Force.com Canvas is currently a new feature in pilot in the Force.com Winter '13 release.
- Heroku Enterprise for Java pricing starts at $1,000 per month per application, and is available starting today at http://heroku.com/enterprisejava.
- RESTful Chatter APIs are currently generally available now as part of Force.com.
- Chatter Communities is currently scheduled to be available in limited pilot in fall 2012, and currently scheduled to be generally available the second half of 2013. Pricing of Chatter Communities will be announced at general availability.
- AppExchange Checkout is a new feature of the AppExchange and is available now.
- Database.com's native geo-location field and User Sharing capabilities are new features in pilot in the Force.com Winter '13 release.
- Site.com's Site Networking and Multi-lingual Sites capabilities are currently in pilot and available in the Force.com Winter '13 release.
- Register for a free keynote and expo pass at: www.dreamforce.com/freepass
- Watch Dreamforce 2012 live on Salesforce Live at: http://facebook.com/dreamforce
- Like Dreamforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dreamforce
- Follow @dreamforce on Twitter and join the conversation with #df12
Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Using salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies, companies can connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and apps give customers the tools to create a social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work and innovate.
- Grow your business with the world's #1 sales app, Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Deliver amazing customer service with the award-winning Salesforce Service Cloud
- Listen, engage, advertise and measure social media marketing with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Achieve breakthrough collaboration and productivity with Salesforce Chatter
- Align, motivate and drive performance with Salesforce Work.com
- Build social and mobile cloud apps on the Salesforce Platform and extend success with the world's leading enterprise app marketplace, the AppExchange
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright © 2012 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Work.com, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
May. 4, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,279
Avnet, Inc. has announced that it ranked No. 4 on the InformationWeek Elite 100 – a list of the top business technology innovators in the U.S. Avnet was recognized for the development of an innovative cloud-based training system that serves as the foundation for Avnet Academy – the company’s education and training organization focused on technical training around top IT vendor technologies. The development of this system allowed Avnet to quickly expand its IT-related training capabilities around the world, while creating a new service that Avnet and its IT solution providers can offer to their...
May. 4, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 605
SYS-CON Events announced today that B2Cloud, a provider of enterprise resource planning software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. B2cloud develops the software you need. They have the ideal tools to help you work with your clients. B2Cloud’s main solutions include AGIS – ERP, CLOHC, AGIS – Invoice, and IZUM
May. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,417
The Internet of Things Maturity Model (IoTMM) is a qualitative method to gauge the growth and increasing impact of IoT capabilities in an IT environment from both a business and technology perspective. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan will first scan the IoT landscape and investigate the major challenges and barriers. The key areas of consideration are identified to get started with IoT journey. He will then pinpoint the need of a tool for effective IoT adoption and implementation, which leads to IoTMM in which five maturity levels are defined: Advanced, Dynamic, Optimized, Primitive,...
May. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,072
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 4, 2015 11:22 AM EDT Reads: 528
There is no doubt that Big Data is here and getting bigger every day. Building a Big Data infrastructure today is no easy task. There are an enormous number of choices for database engines and technologies. To make things even more challenging, requirements are getting more sophisticated, and the standard paradigm of supporting historical analytics queries is often just one facet of what is needed. As Big Data growth continues, organizations are demanding real-time access to data, allowing immediate and actionable interpretation of events as they happen. Another aspect concerns how to deliver ...
May. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,710
Enterprise IoT is an exciting and chaotic space with a lot of potential to transform how the enterprise resources are managed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Hari Srinivasan, Sr Product Manager at Cisco, will describe the challenges in enabling mass adoption of IoT, and share perspectives and insights on architectures/standards/protocols that are necessary to build a healthy ecosystem and lay the foundation to for a wide variety of exciting IoT use cases in the years to come.
May. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,207
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on Twitter at @MicroservicesE
May. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,866
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch of Docker's initial release in March of 2013, interest was revved up several notches. Then late last...
May. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,813
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
May. 4, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,285
So I guess we’ve officially entered a new era of lean and mean. I say this with the announcement of Ubuntu Snappy Core, “designed for lightweight cloud container hosts running Docker and for smart devices,” according to Canonical. “Snappy Ubuntu Core is the smallest Ubuntu available, designed for security and efficiency in devices or on the cloud.” This first version of Snappy Ubuntu Core features secure app containment and Docker 1.6 (1.5 in main release), is available on public clouds, and for ARM and x86 devices on several IoT boards. It’s a Trend! This announcement comes just as...
May. 4, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,185
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
May. 4, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,317
It's time to put the "Thing" back in IoT. Whether it’s drones, robots, self-driving cars, ... There are multiple incredible examples of the power of IoT nowadays that are shadowed by announcements of yet another twist on statistics, databases, .... Sorry, I meant, Big Data(TM), tiered storage(TM), complex systems(TM), smart nations(TM), .... In his session at WebRTC Summit, Dr Alex Gouaillard, CTO and Co-Founder of Temasys, will discuss the concrete, cool, examples of IoT already happening today, and how mixing all those different sources of visual and audio input can make your life happier ...
May. 4, 2015 10:04 AM EDT Reads: 491
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
May. 4, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,491
SYS-CON Events announced today the IoT Bootcamp – Jumpstart Your IoT Strategy, being held June 9–10, 2015, in conjunction with 16th Cloud Expo and Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Javits Center in New York City. This is your chance to jumpstart your IoT strategy. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but includes hands-on demos and walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of Do-It-Yourself IoT platforms including Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark and Intel Edison. You will also get an overview of cloud technologies s...
May. 4, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,882
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
May. 4, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,363
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
May. 4, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,829
The WebRTC Summit 2015 New York, to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 16th International Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit.
May. 4, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,104
Chuck Piluso will present a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Speaker Bio: Prior to Data Storage Corporation (DSC), Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Telecommunications Corporation, a facilities-based international carrier licensed by t...
May. 4, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 790
There are lots of challenges in IoT around secure, scalable and business friendly infrastructure for enterprises. For large corporations, IoT implementations are one of the top priorities of the decade. All industries are seeing a competitive need to sustain by investing in IoT initiatives. The value addition comes from improved customer service, innovative product and additional revenue streams. The data from these IP-connected devices can be leveraged for a variety of business applications as well as responsive action controls. The various architectural building blocks of an IoT ...
May. 4, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,121