|By PR Newswire||
|August 12, 2014 04:00 PM EDT||
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The world-renowned U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds will join an action-packed weekend of aerial performances by more than 40 aircraft over the Atlantic Ocean at Embry-Riddle's Wings & Waves Air Show on Oct. 11-12, 2014, in Daytona Beach.
The air show begins at 11:30 a.m. daily on the shore in front of the Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort. The event is free and open to the public.
Numerous Embry-Riddle alumni are scheduled to participate, including three Embry-Riddle 2011 Worldwide graduates as lead pilots of the Thunderbirds, GEICO Skytyper lead solo pilot Steve Salmirs and Quick Silver P-51 Mustang pilot Scott "Scooter" Yoak along with Embry-Riddle sponsored aerobatic performer Matt Chapman.
"Embry-Riddle's Wings & Waves is more than your average air show," said Embry-Riddle President Dr. John P. Johnson. "It's a celebration of our students, the community we call home and a deep-rooted love of aviation. This year is especially exciting as we are proud of the Embry-Riddle graduates in the show."
- U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds – Now in its 61st year of wowing audiences with combat fighter pilot skills, the 130-person squadron known as the "Ambassadors in Blue" represents nearly 700,000 active-duty, guard and reserve airmen serving at home and abroad – including several team members who are Embry-Riddle graduates (Worldwide, '11). Graduates Capt. Joshua Boudreaux (Thunderbird No. 2, Left Wing), Maj. Curtis Dougherty (Thunderbird No. 4, Slot) and Maj. Jason Curtis (Thunderbird No. 6, Opposing Solo) join other Embry-Riddle alumni including a Maintenance Support Flight Chief, Assistant Dedicated Crew Chief, Aerospace Ground Equipment Technician and Maintenance Officer. The demonstration is a mix of six aircraft performing formation flying and solo routines. www.afthunderbirds.com
- GEICO Skytypers – A flight squadron of six vintage World War II airplanes performing a precision-flight demonstration, the GEICO Skytypers are the only civilian squadron typing their giant dot-matrix style messages at air shows across the U.S. Their 18-minute demonstration highlights the unique features of the aircraft in addition to maneuvers utilized during WWII. Embry-Riddle Daytona Beach Campus alumnus Steve Salmirs is the lead solo. www.geicoskytypers.com
- Jack Link's Screamin' Sasquatch Jet Waco – Sponsored by Jack Link's and John Klatt Airshows, this aircraft is one-of-a-kind – a biplane with a jet engine that performs maneuvers no other aircraft can, including extreme vertical climbs, flat spins, snap rolls, torque rolls and even a hover. The pilot, Jeff Boerboon, is a two-time Advanced National Champion, past member of the U.S. Advanced Aerobatic Team, past member and captain of the U.S. Unlimited Aerobatic Team and U.S. Unlimited Aerobatic Champion. He joined John Klatt Airshows in 2012, flying both formation and solo performances. Jack Link's: www.jacklinks.com/the-wild-side/screamin-sasquatch.aspx John Klatt Airshows: www.johnklattairshows.com
- Matt Chapman – An airline pilot who began flying aerobatics in 1984, Chapman quickly worked his way up to the highest level of competition aerobatics – the Unlimited category. At the 1998 World Aerobatic Championships, Chapman was the highest-ranking American pilot, finishing third in the world with a bronze medal, and leading the men's team to a silver medal. He performs around the country in more than a dozen air shows annually representing Embry-Riddle. www.mattchapman.com
- Rob Holland – Flying the MX2 aerobatic aircraft by MX Aircraft Ultimate Airshows, Holland earned his title as current U.S. National Unlimited Aerobatic Champion and World Gold Medal winner in freestyle aerobatics by pushing the envelope of advanced aerobatic aircraft with a mixture of high and low altitude maneuvers. www.ultimateairshows.com
- Patty Wagstaff – A six-time member of the U.S. Aerobatic Team, Wagstaff has won gold, silver and bronze medals in Olympic-level international aerobatic competitions. She is the first woman to win the title of U.S. National Aerobatic Champion and one of the few people to win it three times. www.pattywagstaff.com
- Miss G Offshore Racing Boat – Sponsored by GEICO Insurance and owned by the country's premier and fastest-performing powerboat racing team, AMF (America Moving Forward) Offshore racing, has won seven World Championship titles since the team's inception in 2005. With the duo of Driver Marc Granet and Throttleman Scott Begovich, Miss GEICO holds numerous world speed runs and records. www.missgeicoracing.com
- Firebirds Xtreme – The internationally renowned aerobatics team of Jack Knutson in his Extra 300/s and Rob Holland in his MXS-RH delivers a high-energy, nonstop performance combining the precision of formation aerobatics with radical gyroscopic tumbles and dramatic head-on maneuvers. Their act also includes choreographed music and cockpit narration. Facebook: www.facebook.com/FirebirdsXtreme Rob Holland Ultimate Airshows: www.ultimateairshows.com
- 4CE Formation Aerobatics – The 4CE is a formation aerobatic team with Matt Chapman in lead, Jack Knutson on left wing and Rob Holland on right wing. These aerobatic stars have combined their talents to form one of the newest and most exciting formation teams in aviation. Facebook: www.facebook.com/The4CETeam
- Lucas Oil Skydivers – This precision skydiving team is led by jumper Nick Halseth, who also works as a freefall videographer and Cirrus parachute packer with three saves. The other skydivers include Luke Evens, who is a skydive instructor and videographer; instructor and tandem instructor Ryan Albrecht; medical device engineer and jump instructor Andy Junghans; and mechanical engineer-inventor-author Jim Skakoon. Halseth, Junghans and Skakoon are gold medal winners. www.lucasoilairshows.com
- Scooter Yoak, Quick Silver P-51 Mustang – Quick Silver P-51 Mustang, piloted by Scott "Scooter" Yoak, is a special commemoration of our nation's armed forces. Every aspect of the aircraft represents those individuals who have served and those who made the ultimate sacrifice. This aircraft was built from more than 200 Mustang parts and projects – the remanufactured parts were handmade with the great attention to detail necessary to restore the Mustang to a condition better than factory-new in 1945. http://quicksilvermustang.com
- Jim Tobul, F4U-4 Corsair – This 1945 aircraft, dubbed the "Korean War Hero," is piloted by Jim Tobul in air shows across the country. Restored by Jim and Joe Tobul over the course of 10 years, the plane still bears the marks of its history – three combat flak repair patches on the starboard wing and rear fuselage. www.koreanwarhero.com
- Gene McNeely T-6 Aerobatics – Gene McNeely is a world-renowned air show performer with the award-winning Aeroshell Aerobatic Team, executing his high-energy solo routines in a World War II-era T-6 Texan trainer. In addition to performing at air shows, Gene flies a T-6 in the Reno Air Races and has finished in the top five since 1986. www.naat.net/Newsite2012/Team/Gene/Gene.html
- Paul Schulten, Eagle Aerobatics – Paul Schulten's experimental category 2001 Christen Eagle was built by Pete Gnaedinger of Glide Aero in 2001. Schulten has flown a wide variety of aircraft, including gliders, most general aviation planes, business jets and the 737 and DC-9. He has flown for Southwest Airlines for 21 years. http://eagleairshow.com
Aviator, author and broadcaster Sonny Everett will be the Master of Ceremonies. Hired for his first air show announcing gig in 1963 at age 17, Everett has been a guest on numerous TV and radio shows; has been featured in movies as an actor and stuntman; and serves as an expert commentator on aviation safety matters.
In addition to Embry-Riddle's title sponsorship, other sponsors include Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort, GEICO, City of Daytona Beach, Bright House, Volusia County, Sheltair, Daytona Beach International Airport, Lucas Oil and Jack Link's Beef Jerky.
For sponsorship involvement and volunteer opportunities, contact Rick Grissom at [email protected]. For visitor information and media registration, go to the event's official website at wingsandwaves.com.
About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the world's largest, fully accredited university specializing in aviation and aerospace, is a nonprofit, independent institution offering more than 70 baccalaureate, master's and Ph.D. degree programs in its colleges of Arts & Sciences, Aviation, Business, Engineering and Security & Intelligence. Embry-Riddle educates students at residential campuses in Daytona Beach, Fla., and Prescott, Ariz., through the Worldwide Campus with more than 150 locations in the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, and through online programs. The university is a major research center, seeking solutions to real-world problems in partnership with the aerospace industry, other universities and government agencies. For more information, visit http://www.embryriddle.edu, follow us on Twitter (@EmbryRiddle) and facebook.com/EmbryRiddleUniversity, and find expert videos at YouTube.com/EmbryRiddleUniv.
Director, University Communications
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Office: (386) 226-7538
Cell: (386) 283-0753
Communications & Media Relations Manager, Daytona Beach Campus
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Office: (386) 226-6198
Cell: (386) 846-1835
SOURCE Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 27, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,347
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
May. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,021
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 27, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,136
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 18th International CloudExpo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 26, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,252
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
May. 26, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,549
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
May. 26, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,866
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 26, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,240
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 671
18th Cloud Expo, taking place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some...
May. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,094
SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to global enterprises. SoftLayer's modular architecture, full-featured API, and sophisticated automation provide unparalleled performance and control. Its flexible unified platform seamlessly spans physical and virtual devices linked via a world...
May. 26, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,046
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, will provide an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life ...
May. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,884
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 26, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,261
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC Software has been named "Siver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. BMC is a global leader in innovative software solutions that help businesses transform into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. BMC Digital Enterprise Management is a set of innovative IT solutions designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized from mainframe to mo...
May. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,074
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
May. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,315
SYS-CON Events announced today that EastBanc Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. EastBanc Technologies has been working at the frontier of technology since 1999. Today, the firm provides full-lifecycle software development delivering flexible technology solutions that seamlessly integrate with existing systems – whether on premise or cloud. EastBanc Technologies partners with p...
May. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,121
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 26, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,003
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit y...
May. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,945
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
May. 26, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,765
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,870
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 26, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,760