|By Marketwired .||
|July 31, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/31/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As organizations build a strategy for digital transformation, they are seeking a unified approach to enterprisewide identity management that provides consistent access controls and an optimized user experience across the extended enterprise. To help organizations offer more digital services, Oracle Identity Management provides the foundation to connect to the internet value chain and economies of scale to manage users across all channels of interaction including cloud, mobile, and social. The Oracle stack allows companies to homogenize and defragment identity information and services, which can result in faster deployment times, faster upgrades, and lower cost of ownership. Today, many companies are already reaping economic benefits with the simplified user experience and greater end user participation.
- Customers and partners around the world spanning nearly every industry continue to choose Oracle Identity Management to provide seamless and secure access to nearly any application from any device, identify and automate who has access to what, and provide a common view of the user across multiple channels.
- Recent customers to adopt Oracle Identity Management include Teach for America and Toyota. These customers join more than 30 thousand who have deployed Oracle Identity Management including Avea, Educational Testing Service, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Seneca College, and UL. Oracle Identity Management is a set of scalable, open, best-of-breed solutions that deliver distinct value and support a unified approach to enterprise wide identity management across the extended enterprise, including cloud, mobile, and social channels.
- Currently, more than 145 alliance partners have achieved OPN Specialized status for Oracle Identity Management products including Oracle Access Management Suite Plus, Oracle Identity Governance Suite, and others. Continuing the momentum, Oracle has enabled alliance partners across the globe, including Accenture, APTEC, Aurionpro Sena, Hub City Media, ICSynergy, Persistent Systems, PwC, Simeio Solutions, and TechDemocracy, to provide delivery services and help enable their customers to secure the extended enterprise.
- Oracle's unified approach to enterprise wide identity management is setting a new equilibrium for economies of scale, and today more than a billion identities across the globe are managed by Oracle.
- Oracle continues to add innovative solutions to Oracle Identity Management including Oracle Mobile Security Suite, which enables organizations to safely provide access to sensitive enterprise applications and data on users' preferred mobile devices, and Oracle Mobile Authenticator, a token-based authentication application that enables organizations to cost-effectively provide strong authentication and prevent unauthorized access to vital company and customer data.
- Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco, September 28-October 2, 2014, is scheduled to feature more than 20 Oracle Identity Management sessions and hands-on labs presented by Oracle product experts in conjunction with customers and partners. Additionally, Oracle DEMOgrounds will highlight Oracle Identity Management solutions including the latest cloud and mobile solutions.
- Oracle Identity Management is part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
- "Oracle Identity Management allows us to provide seamless access to our software systems," said Jim Moran, chief information security officer, Educational Testing Service. "Through our centralized identity services, we are able to manage access to applications whether they are cloud-based, hosted at a third party, or on-premises, without the need to provision and deprovision identities in each target application. This greatly improves the user experience and provides tighter security, all at reduced implementation cost compared to alternatives."
- "By teaming with Oracle, we've been able to help our clients achieve a more secure business environment through delivering scalable identity management solutions for the extended enterprise," said Gerard Verweij, global Oracle alliance leader, PwC, an Oracle Diamond Partner of Oracle PartnerNetwork. "Combining Oracle's offerings with PwC's industry experience and ability to help our clients with technology-enabled business transformation -- from strategy through execution -- has resulted in numerous success stories from our clients around the world."
- "With Oracle Identity Management, we are now able to grant users single-sign-on access to enterprise and cloud applications from anywhere," said Thomas Licciardello, vice president, Technology Operations, Teach for America. "By connecting applications to our cloud-based systems with Oracle Identity Management, we can immediately provision and deprovision user rights, thus creating a great user experience while also effectively managing risk for the organization -- everyone wins."
- "Toyota's global vision is to lead with mobility by enabling the passenger's digital experience. Oracle Identity Management enables Toyota's digital transformation by providing an access solution that supports Toyota and our journey into the future," said Karen Nocket, vice president, Enterprise Services, Toyota.
- "At UL our goal is to be a source of knowledge and the go-to resource for tough problems and innovative technologies. Oracle Identity Management is enabling our business goals by streamlining and standardizing our security and audit process to safeguard our systems and our clients' information while allowing UL to help its customers win in the global market place," said Bob Jamieson, information security director at UL. "Safety, like security, means trusting and verifying -- Oracle provides an efficient way to put controls in place and verify they are working."
- Oracle Identity Management
- Oracle Mobile Security Suite
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Follow Oracle Identity Management via Twitter, Facebook, and Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect at Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice services ...
Nov. 25, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,254
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Nov. 25, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 684
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series data. By focusing on enterprise applications and the data center, he will use OpenTSDB as an example t...
Nov. 25, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 722
The Domain Name Service (DNS) is one of the most important components in networking infrastructure, enabling users and services to access applications by translating URLs (names) into IP addresses (numbers). Because every icon and URL and all embedded content on a website requires a DNS lookup loading complex sites necessitates hundreds of DNS queries. In addition, as more internet-enabled ‘Things' get connected, people will rely on DNS to name and find their fridges, toasters and toilets. According to a recent IDG Research Services Survey this rate of traffic will only grow. What's driving t...
Nov. 25, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,033
Enthusiasm for the Internet of Things has reached an all-time high. In 2013 alone, venture capitalists spent more than $1 billion dollars investing in the IoT space. With "smart" appliances and devices, IoT covers wearable smart devices, cloud services to hardware companies. Nest, a Google company, detects temperatures inside homes and automatically adjusts it by tracking its user's habit. These technologies are quickly developing and with it come challenges such as bridging infrastructure gaps, abiding by privacy concerns and making the concept a reality. These challenges can't be addressed w...
Nov. 25, 2014 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,130
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
Nov. 24, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,550
Bit6 today issued a challenge to the technology community implementing Web Real Time Communication (WebRTC). To leap beyond WebRTC’s significant limitations and fully leverage its underlying value to accelerate innovation, application developers need to consider the entire communications ecosystem.
Nov. 24, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,432
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from hardware to software, or as we like to say, it’s an Internet of many different things. The difference ...
Nov. 24, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,559
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Nov. 24, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,577
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Nov. 23, 2014 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,764
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 23, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,707
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Nov. 23, 2014 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,714
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and assessments, including a decade of leading incident response and digital forensics. He is co-author of t...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,457
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,530
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,458
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the real benefits to focus on, how to understand the requirements of a successful solution, the flow of ...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,534
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,385
Focused on this fast-growing market’s needs, Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of IC solutions to advance "Ethernet Everywhere" in Carrier, Enterprise and Internet of Things (IoT) networks, introduced its IStaX™ software (VSC6815SDK), a robust protocol stack to simplify deployment and management of Industrial-IoT network applications such as Industrial Ethernet switching, surveillance, video distribution, LCD signage, intelligent sensors, and metering equipment. Leveraging technologies proven in the Carrier and Enterprise markets, IStaX is designed to work ac...
Nov. 20, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,436
C-Labs LLC, a leading provider of remote and mobile access for the Internet of Things (IoT), announced the appointment of John Traynor to the position of chief operating officer. Previously a strategic advisor to the firm, Mr. Traynor will now oversee sales, marketing, finance, and operations. Mr. Traynor is based out of the C-Labs office in Redmond, Washington. He reports to Chris Muench, Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Traynor brings valuable business leadership and technology industry expertise to C-Labs. With over 30 years' experience in the high-tech sector, John Traynor has held numerous...
Nov. 20, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,384
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades.
Nov. 20, 2014 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,659