|By Marketwired .||
|July 31, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/31/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As organizations build a strategy for digital transformation, they are seeking a unified approach to enterprisewide identity management that provides consistent access controls and an optimized user experience across the extended enterprise. To help organizations offer more digital services, Oracle Identity Management provides the foundation to connect to the internet value chain and economies of scale to manage users across all channels of interaction including cloud, mobile, and social. The Oracle stack allows companies to homogenize and defragment identity information and services, which can result in faster deployment times, faster upgrades, and lower cost of ownership. Today, many companies are already reaping economic benefits with the simplified user experience and greater end user participation.
- Customers and partners around the world spanning nearly every industry continue to choose Oracle Identity Management to provide seamless and secure access to nearly any application from any device, identify and automate who has access to what, and provide a common view of the user across multiple channels.
- Recent customers to adopt Oracle Identity Management include Teach for America and Toyota. These customers join more than 30 thousand who have deployed Oracle Identity Management including Avea, Educational Testing Service, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Seneca College, and UL. Oracle Identity Management is a set of scalable, open, best-of-breed solutions that deliver distinct value and support a unified approach to enterprise wide identity management across the extended enterprise, including cloud, mobile, and social channels.
- Currently, more than 145 alliance partners have achieved OPN Specialized status for Oracle Identity Management products including Oracle Access Management Suite Plus, Oracle Identity Governance Suite, and others. Continuing the momentum, Oracle has enabled alliance partners across the globe, including Accenture, APTEC, Aurionpro Sena, Hub City Media, ICSynergy, Persistent Systems, PwC, Simeio Solutions, and TechDemocracy, to provide delivery services and help enable their customers to secure the extended enterprise.
- Oracle's unified approach to enterprise wide identity management is setting a new equilibrium for economies of scale, and today more than a billion identities across the globe are managed by Oracle.
- Oracle continues to add innovative solutions to Oracle Identity Management including Oracle Mobile Security Suite, which enables organizations to safely provide access to sensitive enterprise applications and data on users' preferred mobile devices, and Oracle Mobile Authenticator, a token-based authentication application that enables organizations to cost-effectively provide strong authentication and prevent unauthorized access to vital company and customer data.
- Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco, September 28-October 2, 2014, is scheduled to feature more than 20 Oracle Identity Management sessions and hands-on labs presented by Oracle product experts in conjunction with customers and partners. Additionally, Oracle DEMOgrounds will highlight Oracle Identity Management solutions including the latest cloud and mobile solutions.
- Oracle Identity Management is part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
- "Oracle Identity Management allows us to provide seamless access to our software systems," said Jim Moran, chief information security officer, Educational Testing Service. "Through our centralized identity services, we are able to manage access to applications whether they are cloud-based, hosted at a third party, or on-premises, without the need to provision and deprovision identities in each target application. This greatly improves the user experience and provides tighter security, all at reduced implementation cost compared to alternatives."
- "By teaming with Oracle, we've been able to help our clients achieve a more secure business environment through delivering scalable identity management solutions for the extended enterprise," said Gerard Verweij, global Oracle alliance leader, PwC, an Oracle Diamond Partner of Oracle PartnerNetwork. "Combining Oracle's offerings with PwC's industry experience and ability to help our clients with technology-enabled business transformation -- from strategy through execution -- has resulted in numerous success stories from our clients around the world."
- "With Oracle Identity Management, we are now able to grant users single-sign-on access to enterprise and cloud applications from anywhere," said Thomas Licciardello, vice president, Technology Operations, Teach for America. "By connecting applications to our cloud-based systems with Oracle Identity Management, we can immediately provision and deprovision user rights, thus creating a great user experience while also effectively managing risk for the organization -- everyone wins."
- "Toyota's global vision is to lead with mobility by enabling the passenger's digital experience. Oracle Identity Management enables Toyota's digital transformation by providing an access solution that supports Toyota and our journey into the future," said Karen Nocket, vice president, Enterprise Services, Toyota.
- "At UL our goal is to be a source of knowledge and the go-to resource for tough problems and innovative technologies. Oracle Identity Management is enabling our business goals by streamlining and standardizing our security and audit process to safeguard our systems and our clients' information while allowing UL to help its customers win in the global market place," said Bob Jamieson, information security director at UL. "Safety, like security, means trusting and verifying -- Oracle provides an efficient way to put controls in place and verify they are working."
- Oracle Identity Management
- Oracle Mobile Security Suite
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Follow Oracle Identity Management via Twitter, Facebook, and Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,005
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,570
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,261
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 2,827
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,107
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 6,334
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jan. 19, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,821
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 19, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 7,703
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 4,239
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 3,648
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,115
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,774
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Jan. 19, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 5,445
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 19, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,808
@ThingsExpo has been named the ‘Top WebRTC Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @ThingsExpo ranked as the number one ‘WebRTC Influencer' followed by @DevOpsSummit at 55th.
Jan. 19, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 4,798
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 5,696
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 5,191
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 4,317
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 2,037
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 19, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,732