|By Marketwired .||
|July 31, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/31/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As organizations build a strategy for digital transformation, they are seeking a unified approach to enterprisewide identity management that provides consistent access controls and an optimized user experience across the extended enterprise. To help organizations offer more digital services, Oracle Identity Management provides the foundation to connect to the internet value chain and economies of scale to manage users across all channels of interaction including cloud, mobile, and social. The Oracle stack allows companies to homogenize and defragment identity information and services, which can result in faster deployment times, faster upgrades, and lower cost of ownership. Today, many companies are already reaping economic benefits with the simplified user experience and greater end user participation.
- Customers and partners around the world spanning nearly every industry continue to choose Oracle Identity Management to provide seamless and secure access to nearly any application from any device, identify and automate who has access to what, and provide a common view of the user across multiple channels.
- Recent customers to adopt Oracle Identity Management include Teach for America and Toyota. These customers join more than 30 thousand who have deployed Oracle Identity Management including Avea, Educational Testing Service, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Seneca College, and UL. Oracle Identity Management is a set of scalable, open, best-of-breed solutions that deliver distinct value and support a unified approach to enterprise wide identity management across the extended enterprise, including cloud, mobile, and social channels.
- Currently, more than 145 alliance partners have achieved OPN Specialized status for Oracle Identity Management products including Oracle Access Management Suite Plus, Oracle Identity Governance Suite, and others. Continuing the momentum, Oracle has enabled alliance partners across the globe, including Accenture, APTEC, Aurionpro Sena, Hub City Media, ICSynergy, Persistent Systems, PwC, Simeio Solutions, and TechDemocracy, to provide delivery services and help enable their customers to secure the extended enterprise.
- Oracle's unified approach to enterprise wide identity management is setting a new equilibrium for economies of scale, and today more than a billion identities across the globe are managed by Oracle.
- Oracle continues to add innovative solutions to Oracle Identity Management including Oracle Mobile Security Suite, which enables organizations to safely provide access to sensitive enterprise applications and data on users' preferred mobile devices, and Oracle Mobile Authenticator, a token-based authentication application that enables organizations to cost-effectively provide strong authentication and prevent unauthorized access to vital company and customer data.
- Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco, September 28-October 2, 2014, is scheduled to feature more than 20 Oracle Identity Management sessions and hands-on labs presented by Oracle product experts in conjunction with customers and partners. Additionally, Oracle DEMOgrounds will highlight Oracle Identity Management solutions including the latest cloud and mobile solutions.
- Oracle Identity Management is part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
- "Oracle Identity Management allows us to provide seamless access to our software systems," said Jim Moran, chief information security officer, Educational Testing Service. "Through our centralized identity services, we are able to manage access to applications whether they are cloud-based, hosted at a third party, or on-premises, without the need to provision and deprovision identities in each target application. This greatly improves the user experience and provides tighter security, all at reduced implementation cost compared to alternatives."
- "By teaming with Oracle, we've been able to help our clients achieve a more secure business environment through delivering scalable identity management solutions for the extended enterprise," said Gerard Verweij, global Oracle alliance leader, PwC, an Oracle Diamond Partner of Oracle PartnerNetwork. "Combining Oracle's offerings with PwC's industry experience and ability to help our clients with technology-enabled business transformation -- from strategy through execution -- has resulted in numerous success stories from our clients around the world."
- "With Oracle Identity Management, we are now able to grant users single-sign-on access to enterprise and cloud applications from anywhere," said Thomas Licciardello, vice president, Technology Operations, Teach for America. "By connecting applications to our cloud-based systems with Oracle Identity Management, we can immediately provision and deprovision user rights, thus creating a great user experience while also effectively managing risk for the organization -- everyone wins."
- "Toyota's global vision is to lead with mobility by enabling the passenger's digital experience. Oracle Identity Management enables Toyota's digital transformation by providing an access solution that supports Toyota and our journey into the future," said Karen Nocket, vice president, Enterprise Services, Toyota.
- "At UL our goal is to be a source of knowledge and the go-to resource for tough problems and innovative technologies. Oracle Identity Management is enabling our business goals by streamlining and standardizing our security and audit process to safeguard our systems and our clients' information while allowing UL to help its customers win in the global market place," said Bob Jamieson, information security director at UL. "Safety, like security, means trusting and verifying -- Oracle provides an efficient way to put controls in place and verify they are working."
- Oracle Identity Management
- Oracle Mobile Security Suite
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Follow Oracle Identity Management via Twitter, Facebook, and Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Oct. 9, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 144
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi's VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context w...
Oct. 9, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 121
Electric power utilities face relentless pressure on their financial performance, and reducing distribution grid losses is one of the last untapped opportunities to meet their business goals. Combining IoT-enabled sensors and cloud-based data analytics, utilities now are able to find, quantify and reduce losses faster – and with a smaller IT footprint. Solutions exist using Internet-enabled sensors deployed temporarily at strategic locations within the distribution grid to measure actual line loads.
Oct. 9, 2015 06:30 PM EDT
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new data-driven world, marketplaces reign supreme while interoperability, APIs and applications deliver un...
Oct. 9, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 310
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, will explore the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Oct. 9, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 106
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 242
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 9, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 509
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 211
Today’s connected world is moving from devices towards things, what this means is that by using increasingly low cost sensors embedded in devices we can create many new use cases. These span across use cases in cities, vehicles, home, offices, factories, retail environments, worksites, health, logistics, and health. These use cases rely on ubiquitous connectivity and generate massive amounts of data at scale. These technologies enable new business opportunities, ways to optimize and automate, along with new ways to engage with users.
Oct. 9, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 191
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll share tips on how to speed up business initiatives, harness Big Data and remain one step ahead by apply...
Oct. 9, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 564
There will be 20 billion IoT devices connected to the Internet soon. What if we could control these devices with our voice, mind, or gestures? What if we could teach these devices how to talk to each other? What if these devices could learn how to interact with us (and each other) to make our lives better? What if Jarvis was real? How can I gain these super powers? In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, will show you!
Oct. 9, 2015 01:15 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 9, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 801
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 9, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 616
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 9, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 740
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, will keynote at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 9, 2015 11:15 AM EDT
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 9, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 297
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 9, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 312
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 9, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,891
WebRTC converts the entire network into a ubiquitous communications cloud thereby connecting anytime, anywhere through any point. In his session at WebRTC Summit,, Mark Castleman, EIR at Bell Labs and Head of Future X Labs, will discuss how the transformational nature of communications is achieved through the democratizing force of WebRTC. WebRTC is doing for voice what HTML did for web content.
Oct. 9, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,417
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 576