|By Marketwired .||
|July 26, 2014 10:19 AM EDT||
TORONTO, ON--(Marketwired - July 26, 2014) - The social media landscape has become inundated with myths that keep many companies from realizing their full digital potential. If engagement is the objective, a smart brand will be where its audience is, yet people tend to be fragmented in their social media habits and preferences. To help brands successfully identify and leverage the most effective social channels to reach and connect with their audiences, Sysomos published the complimentary eBook, "5 Biggest Social Media Myths." It strips away the biggest misconceptions and reveals truths about five social media platforms that can help impact an organization's business immediately.
Practical Advice for Selecting the Most Valuable Social Channels
One of the most important aspects of creating successful social media campaigns is choosing the right social media channels. Using a combination of statistics and examples, the eBook contains insights that are both unexpected and valuable. It's filled with practical information such as:
- Instagram, even with its small user base, has the highest engagement rates -- more than four times higher than other social media platforms.
- Google+ has more to offer marketers than just its increasing user base. Since targeting is key to any campaign's success, Google+ Circles makes it easy to segment audiences into different groups such as customers, industry influencers and vendors to ensure delivering the right message to the right people.
- B2B companies can use Pinterest as part of their content marketing strategy by pinning the latest content they want to promote and including a link to drive website traffic.
- Tumblr is an especially good way to connect with younger consumers since 60% of its user base is under 35.
- Using a LinkedIn company page creatively can help brands connect with audiences beyond potential employees and drive business results.
Download a complimentary copy of the Sysomos eBook "5 Biggest Social Media Myths" now and learn how to take advantage of often-overlooked social channels.
Tweet about this topic at: #SocialMediaMyths
Sysomos, a Marketwired company, is a state-of-the-art social media monitoring and analytics engine that offers instant and unlimited access to all social media conversations. An indispensable source of business intelligence, the Sysomos engine collects data from blogs, Twitter and other social networks, message boards, wikis and major news sources through the use of proprietary contextual text analytics and data mining technology.
Marketwired is majority-owned by OMERS Private Equity (www.omerspe.com), which manages the private equity activities of OMERS Administration Corporation and today has $6.4 billion of investments under management. OMERS Private Equity is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with offices in New York and London.
Jul. 28, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,203
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,436
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,096
Jul. 28, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,706
Jul. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,230
Jul. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,216
Jul. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,196
Jul. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,781
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,040
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 725
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,908
Jul. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 623
Jul. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,247
Jul. 28, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,167
Jul. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,298
Jul. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 851
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 293
Jul. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,426
Jul. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,626
Jul. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 554