|By Business Wire||
|July 1, 2014 05:00 AM EDT||
NextGen Healthcare Information Systems, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Quality Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSII) and a leading provider of healthcare information systems and connectivity solutions, and its sister company, Mirth, LLC, a global leader in health information technology, announced today the launch of NextGen® Share, a national Health Information Service Provider (HISP) enabling clients to connect with external providers using industry standards widely adopted by ONC 2014 Edition certified EHR products. NextGen Share equips providers with Direct Secure Messaging capabilities for efficient coordination of care and meeting Meaningful Use Stage 2 Transitions of Care objectives.
A nationwide network connecting clients and non-NextGen Healthcare providers to support secure clinical data exchange, NextGen Share is the first joint solution from NextGen Healthcare and Mirth since Quality Systems, Inc., acquired Mirth Corporation in September of last year. It combines key strengths of NextGen Healthcare and Mirth products to create an interoperability solution that facilitates easy data exchange among providers aimed to improve care coordination processes and meet meaningful use (MU) requirements. NextGen Share will facilitate safe, secure, accurate and quick exchange of clinical data and provider referrals without leaving the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
As a HISP, the solution provides secure connectivity between NextGen Healthcare and non-NextGen Healthcare providers, a searchable provider directory, and message translation between supported protocols. Leveraging NextGen Share, clinical care information, C-CDAs, and attachments including referral request letters, intake notes, and images such as a photo taken of the patient’s injury, can be transmitted between peers, practices and health systems locally and nationally across all technology platforms. Additionally, users can search to find connected providers and organizations, compose and exchange a referral with clinical documents, and count such transactions toward their MU stage 2 reporting. The structured clinical information exchanged through NextGen Share empowers healthcare organizations by providing actionable data which can be discretely imported into the patient’s record.
“Finding ways to breakdown walls to interoperability and data fluidity is the catalyst that moves healthcare forward. As a result, organizations require interoperability partners who understand the needs of health care systems, patients and clinicians alike,” said Michael Lovett, executive vice president and general manager for NextGen Healthcare. “Interoperability holds tremendous promise in the use of data derived from patient care and our goal is to fulfill the vision of using technology to provide the healthcare industry with an unprecedented level of data exchange. By combining a robust electronic health record solution with first-class interoperability tools, we have developed the necessary tool to enable clients to easily communicate and share important clinical information via a secure and integrated messaging service with any provider. With increased competition and care quality and reimbursement at stake, it is imperative that healthcare organizations make the right choices in supportive technology and with the launch of NextGen Share, we are pleased to be on the leading-edge of innovation.”
Mirth, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Quality Systems, Inc., is a global leader in health information technology that helps clients achieve interoperability across silo-structured data systems. Mirth's solutions are used daily by thousands of health professionals and institutions worldwide to streamline care management processes and to securely exchange health information across enterprises, communities and broad geographies. For more information, visit www.mirth.com.
About NextGen Healthcare
NextGen Healthcare Information Systems, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Quality Systems, Inc., provides integrated clinical, connectivity and financial solutions, including revenue cycle management services for ambulatory, inpatient and dental provider organizations. For more information, please visit www.nextgen.com and www.qsii.com. Follow NextGen Healthcare on Twitter at www.twitter.com/nextgen, Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NextGenHealthcare or LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/nextgen-healthcare-information-systems.
Certain statements in this news release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws, including but not limited to those statements made by Michael Lovett related to interoperability, the Company’s future products and offerings, and developments and trends in the healthcare industry. These statements are based on current expectations of future events. If underlying assumptions prove inaccurate or unknown risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results could vary materially from the Company’s expectations and projections. Factors that could cause the anticipated results to differ from those described in the forward-looking statements include the possibility that the products of Cerner or the Company will not achieve or sustain market acceptance; the impact of incentive payments under The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on sales and the ability of the Company to meet continued certification requirements; the development by competitors of new or superior technologies; the timing, cost and success or failure of new product and service introductions, development and product upgrade releases; undetected errors or bugs in our software; changing economic, political or regulatory influences in the healthcare industry; availability of third-party products and components; competitive pressures including product offerings, pricing and promotional activities; the Company's ability or inability to attract and retain qualified personnel; possible regulation of the Company's software by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration; and general economic conditions. Additional risks and uncertainties are set forth in the Company’s public filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including the discussion under the heading "Risk Factors" in the Company’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and any subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements except as required by law.
© 2014 Quality Systems, Inc., Irvine, CA 92612
® marks owned by Quality Systems, Inc.
All other non-QSI Marks are the property of their respective owners
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar