|By ACN Newswire||
|June 5, 2014 01:28 AM EDT||
Christophe Eymery, Head of Digital, L'Oreal Australia, and a keynote speaker at the marcus evans CMO Summit 2014, on L'Oreal's strategy to reach out to twice its current customer base by 2020.
LONDON, June 5, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - "To reach our ambition for 2020 and double our customer base to two billion, we are focused on key growing markets to get the volume but the fourth pillar of our strategy is to leverage digital and to increase and deliver better beauty education to customers. We believe that will ultimately drive more and higher frequency of purchase, better engagement and longer loyalty with our brands," explains Christophe Eymery, Head of Digital, L'Oreal Australia.
A keynote speaker at the marcus evans CMO Summit 2014, in the Gold Coast, Australia, 18 - 20 August, Eymery gives an overview of L'Oreal's efforts in the digital marketing space.
- What is L'Oreal's digital agenda? What digital channels is L'Oreal focused on?
In every country, each marketing team is focused on the digital agenda. My role is to ensure we have best practices across the whole business, building integrated marketing activities and leveraging digital channels. The digital function goes across all the touch points, the websites we have for our 27 brands in Australia and New Zealand, the social media and branded content destinations, the mobile apps and in-store digital screens.
- How could marketers link Facebook fans to actual customers?
That is an area of high interest to all marketers. Facebook has done some studies on this, but some of them just compared groups of fans to non-fans. It would be more interesting to link data around our fans to retailer loyalty programmes, to not just measure brand purchase intention but cross check data with actual purchases made. That would help us better understand what our Facebook fans expect and what impacts purchase. The social media sphere is still a bit of an unknown, which marketers can exploit further.
- L'Oreal's marketing approach is focused on providing information, rather than branded content based around entertainment. Will this help L'Oreal reach the 2020 target sooner?
Our 2020 target is driven by the philosophy of offering Beauty for All. That is a grand ambition. It means conducting research and manufacturing products that will meet the different beauty requirements of all consumers around the world. It is our duty to provide the diversity of products needed to achieve that, but also the educational platforms so customers can find the most relevant products for their needs. That is paramount in the 2020 ambition. It is crucial for digital to not just entertain people, which would be nice, but to provide information for people to identify the right product for them.
- How do you engage your target audience? What role does the actual message play?
One side of this is around the content we produce - it cannot be an engaging or informative platform without quality and relevant content. But we also need visibility for that content, which is a constant challenge. We have to reinvent our communication model all the time and leverage new touch points. The diversity of our customer base provides immense opportunities for presenting beauty education in very different ways. We explore new avenues and keep track of new technologies even before they are launched.
- What tools do marketers underutilise?
There is still a strong belief in the TV model in this business, yet when you look at media consumption, TV has almost been taken over by digital channels and internet consumption. The media mix should no longer be heavily dominated by TV. Marketers are missing the opportunities to further leverage new channels.
- What advice do you have for marketers with smaller budgets than what L'Oreal brands may have?
L'Oreal is privileged to have exceptional marketing means, but at the same time, the business is driven by individual marketers. Each brand is managed as a small business, with the mentality that every dollar invested matters.
- Any final words of advice for marketers in Australia?
Be ambitious, bold and daring. Although Australia is a developed country, it is still experiencing high growth. Consumers are tech savvy. Smartphone penetration is high. The country is hungry for innovation.
About the CMO Summit 2014
The Fifth Annual CMO Summit is the premium forum bringing elite buyers and sellers together. It offers chief marketing executives and agencies and consultants an intimate environment for a focused discussion of the key new drivers shaping the marketing agenda. Taking place at the RACV Royal Pines Resort, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, 18 - 20 August 2014, the Summit includes presentations on mastering the art of communication, analysing business intelligence, creating synergy between sales and marketing, and pushing the boundaries of social media.
For more information please send an email to [email protected] or visit the event website at www.cmoanzsummit.com/ChristopheEymeryInterview
marcus evans group - marketing/sales sector portal
The Marketing Network - marcus evans Summits group delivers peer-to-peer information on strategic matters, professional trends and breakthrough innovations.
Please note that the Summit is a closed business event and the number of participants strictly limited.
About marcus evans Summits
marcus evans Summits are high level business forums for the world's leading decision-makers to meet, learn and discuss strategies and solutions. Held at exclusive locations around the world, these events provide attendees with a unique opportunity to individually tailor their schedules of keynote presentations, think tanks, seminars and one-on-one business meetings. For more information, please visit www.marcusevans.com.
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/meSummitsGlobal
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/MarcusEvansGroup
- SlideShare: www.slideshare.net/MarcusEvansSummits
Source: marcus evans Summits
Sarin Kouyoumdjian-Gurunlian Press Manager, marcus evans, Summits Division Tel: +357 22 849 313 Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar