|By Marketwired .||
|June 4, 2014 12:01 AM EDT||
TAIPEI, TAIWAN -- (Marketwired) -- 06/04/14 -- COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2014 -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today introduced its new 2014 Performance Mobile APUs designed for ultrathin and high-performance mobile PCs, bringing the features and capabilities of the popular and powerful AMD A-Series APU family (codenamed "Kaveri") to power-efficient notebooks for both personal and professional use. The new mobile APUs mark the debut of Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) features and Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture for mobile devices, establishing them as AMD's most advanced mobile APUs to-date. Notebook and desktop systems powered by AMD's entire 2014 APU lineup, including systems from Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Samsung, Toshiba and others also debuted at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2014.
"AMD takes a major step forward today on our journey to transform and enhance the computing experience with the launch of the 2014 Performance Mobile APU family," said Bernd Lienhard, corporate vice president and general manager, Client Business Unit, AMD. "With a combination of superior total compute performance, stunning graphics and efficient power use alongside industry-first technologies, these new APUs set a new bar for cutting-edge consumer and commercial PCs."
The announcement of the 2014 Performance Mobile APU family features AMD's first FX-branded enthusiast-class APU for notebooks, and follows the recent introduction of AMD's 2014 Low-Power and Mainstream APUs.
Introducing AMD PRO
Responding to the needs of an evolving commercial marketplace for longevity, performance and stability in enterprise systems, AMD has introduced a professional line of the Performance Mobile APUs. Designed especially with business in mind, AMD PRO A-Series components offer outstanding stability and longevity, and enable open, industry-standard DASH manageability.
In conjunction with today's AMD PRO A-Series announcement, HP unveiled a complete lineup of Elite commercial PC designs featuring the AMD PRO series. The HP systems include the EliteBook 725, 745 and 755 G2 notebook, the EliteOne All-in-One and the EliteDesk desktop PCs.
AMD 2014 Performance Mobile APU Features
- Up to 12 Compute Cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU)(1) deliver amazing performance and responsiveness, bringing to life the full capability of the APU on various workloads and applications
- The breakthrough new Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) allows the CPU and GPU to work together in harmony by quickly dividing and directing the right tasks toward the appropriate cores for new levels of performance and efficiency in consumer and commercial desktop and notebook PCs, thus enabling a new era of compute capabilities with compute cores
- Award-winning Graphics Core Next Architecture with AMD Radeon R7 series graphics and compute capability
- Support for UltraHD (4K) resolutions and new video post-processing enhancements that make 1080p videos look amazing when upscaled on an UltraHD-enabled monitor or TV(2)
Best Gaming and Entertainment Experience
- Support for AMD's acclaimed Mantle API that simplifies game optimizations for programmers and developers to unlock unprecedented levels of gaming performance(3)
- AMD Radeon Dual Graphics provide a performance boost from 49 percent to 108 percent(4) for the ultimate gaming experience
- Experience-enhancing features such as AMD Quick Stream, AMD Steady Video and AMD TrueAudio technologies combine to deliver lifelike audio and video(5)
- A10-APU: Up to 50 percent better graphics performance(6) and more than 1.2x the compute performance(7) versus Intel® i5-4200U ("Haswell")
- FX APU: Up to 58 percent better graphics performance(8) and more than 1.13x the compute performance(9) versus Intel® i7-4500U ("Haswell")
- FX APU: Up to 40 percent more graphics performance-per-watt(10) than our previous generation
- FX APU: Up to 30 percent more system compute-per-watt(11) than our previous generation
- Learn more about the 2014 AMD A-Series APUs for notebook
- Learn more about the 2014 AMD A-Series APUs for desktop
- Learn more about the 2014 AMD PRO A-Series APUs
- Read a blog from Bernd Lienhard, vice president and general manager, AMD Client
- What is a Compute Core? Read our whitepaper
- Follow all the news from AMD at Computex
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Engage with us on Twitter @AMD
AMD (NYSE: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and Radeon are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1. 12 Compute Cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU) A Compute Core is a hardware block (CPU, GPU or other processing element) within an HSA-enabled APU, that is programmable, capable of performing computational tasks, has access to entire system memory, and can queue workloads to other cores. For more visit amd.com/ComputeCores. Note: The following must be used on the same page as the claim: *4 CPU + 8 GPU. See amd.com/ComputeCores for details.
2. Requires 4K display and content. Supported resolution varies by GPU model and board design; confirm specifications with manufacturer before purchase.
3. Mantle application support is required.
4. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs on optimized AMD reference systems. PC manufacturers may vary configuration yielding different results. The 2014 AMD FX-7600P APU, code named "Kaveri", paired with AMD Radeon R7 240 GCN Discrete Graphics demonstrated improved performance over APU- only configurations. The 2014 AMD FX-7600P paired with the AMD Radeon R7 240 Discrete Graphics card showed 65 FPS (frames per second) over 45.7 FPS for the AMD FX-7600P alone on Call of Duty Black Ops and 46.7 FPS over 22.5 FPS on Crysis 3; both games were set to 1920x1080. KVN-11
5. AMD EXPERIENCES REQUIREMENTS:
Additional hardware (e.g. HD or 4K monitor, USB, 3.0 ports, wirelessly enabled HDTV) and/or software (e.g. multimedia applications and/or wifi access) are required for the full enablement of some features. HD/4K Video display requires an HD/4K video source. Not all features may be supported on all components or systems - check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies. * For more information on AMD features and software go to www.amd.com/featuredetails.
AMD TrueAudio technology is offered by select AMD Radeon R9 and R7 200 Series GPUs and select AMD A-Series APUs and is designed to improve acoustic realism. Requires enabled game or application. Not all audio equipment supports all audio effects; additional audio equipment may be required for some audio effects. Not all products feature all technologies -- check with your component or system manufacturer for specific capabilities.
6. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs on optimized AMD reference systems. PC manufacturers may vary configuration yielding different results. 3DMark 11 is used to simulate graphics performance; AMD A10-7300 APU scored 1420 while the "Haswell U" platform scored 946. AMD "Ballina" reference platform system used the AMD A10-7300 APU with Radeon R6 Graphics, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, and 13.350.0.0 - 24-Feb-2014 driver. Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz with Intel HD Graphics, 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, 10.18.10.3412 - 28-Jan-2014 driver. KVN-14
7. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs on optimized AMD reference systems. PC manufacturers may vary configuration yielding different results. Basemark CL is used to simulate compute performance; AMD A10-7300 APU scored 44 while the "Haswell U" platform scored 36. AMD "Ballina" reference platform system used the AMD A10-7300 APU with Radeon R6 Graphics, 10 Compute Cores (4C+6G), 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, and 13.350.0.0 - 24-Feb-2014 driver. Intel Core i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz with Intel HD Graphics, 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, 10.18.10.3412 - 28-Jan-2014 driver. KVN-15
8. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs on optimized AMD reference systems. PC manufacturers may vary configuration yielding different results. 3DMark 11 is used to simulate graphics performance; the AMD FX-7500 APU scored 1473 while the i7-4500U processor scored 932. AMD "Ballina" reference platform using AMD A10-7300 APU with Radeon R6 Graphics, 10 Compute Cores (4C+6G), 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, and 13.352.0.0 - 13-Apr-2014 driver.KVN-45
9. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs on optimized AMD reference systems. PC manufacturers may vary configuration yielding different results. Basemark CL score is used to simulate system performance; the AMD FX-7500 APU scored 44 while the i7-4500U processor scored 39. AMD "Ballina" reference platform using the AMD FX-7500 APU with Radeon R7 Graphics, 10 Compute Cores (4C+6G), 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, 13.350.0.0 - 10-Mar-2014. DELL Inspiron 5537, Intel Core i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz with Intel HD Graphics Family, 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, 10.18.10.3496 - 10-Mar-2014.KVN-67
10. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs on optimized AMD reference systems. PC manufacturers may vary configuration yielding different results. 3DMark 11 Performance score divided by TDP (W) is used to simulate graphics performance per watt; the 19W AMD FX-7500 APU scored 1473 while the 25W AMD A10-5745M APU scored 1361. AMD "Ballina" reference platform using the AMD FX-7500 APU with Radeon R7 Graphics, 10 Compute Cores (4C+6G), 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, 13.350.0.0 - 10-Mar-2014 driver. Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY m6 Sleekbook, AMD A10-5745M APU with AMD Radeon HD 8610G graphics, 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, 13.300.0.0 - 18-Dec-2013 KVN-24
11. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs on optimized AMD reference systems. PC manufacturers may vary configuration yielding different results. PCMark 8 - Home score divided by TDP (W) is used to simulate productivity performance per watt; the 19W AMD FX-7500 APU scored 2574 while the 25W AMD A10-5745M APU scored 2581. AMD "Ballina" reference platform using the AMD FX-7500 APU with Radeon R7 Graphics, 10 Compute Cores (4C+6G), 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, 13.350.0.0 - 24-Feb-2014 driver. Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY m6 Sleekbook, AMD A10-5745M APU with AMD Radeon HD 8610G graphics, 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-1600 RAM, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Single Language, 13.300.0.0 - 18-Dec-2013.KVN-32
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2609463
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2608990
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2608993
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2608996
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducted a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply wit...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 354
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 334
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems, described how to revolutionize your archit...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,421
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with APIs within the next year.
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 140
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, d...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,077
In his keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, Rodney Rogers, CEO of Virtustream, discussed the evolution of the company from inception to its recent acquisition by EMC – including personal insights, lessons learned (and some WTF moments) along the way. Learn how Virtustream’s unique approach of combining the economics and elasticity of the consumer cloud model with proper performance, application automation and security into a platform became a breakout success with enterprise customers and a natural fit for the EMC Federation.
Jul. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,173
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of profound change in the industry.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,298
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect their organization.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,205
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world and it starts with business models and monetization strategies.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,776
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, discussed IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sectors.
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,049
There will be 150 billion connected devices by 2020. New digital businesses have already disrupted value chains across every industry. APIs are at the center of the digital business. You need to understand what assets you have that can be exposed digitally, what their digital value chain is, and how to create an effective business model around that value chain to compete in this economy. No enterprise can be complacent and not engage in the digital economy. Learn how to be the disruptor and not the disruptee.
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,044
Akana has released Envision, an enhanced API analytics platform that helps enterprises mine critical insights across their digital eco-systems, understand their customers and partners and offer value-added personalized services. “In today’s digital economy, data-driven insights are proving to be a key differentiator for businesses. Understanding the data that is being tunneled through their APIs and how it can be used to optimize their business and operations is of paramount importance,” said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of Akana.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 334
Business as usual for IT is evolving into a "Make or Buy" decision on a service-by-service conversation with input from the LOBs. How does your organization move forward with cloud? In his general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Paul Maravei, Regional Sales Manager, Hybrid Cloud and Managed Services at Cisco, discusses how Cisco and its partners offer a market-leading portfolio and ecosystem of cloud infrastructure and application services that allow you to uniquely and securely combine cloud business applications and services across multiple cloud delivery models.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,910
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, analyzed how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining BI Intelligence, he worked analyzing bank technology for Corporate Insight and The Clearing House Payment...
Jul. 26, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,588
"Optimal Design is a technology integration and product development firm that specializes in connecting devices to the cloud," stated Joe Wascow, Co-Founder & CMO of Optimal Design, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 404
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,973
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 486
"ciqada is a combined platform of hardware modules and server products that lets people take their existing devices or new devices and lets them be accessible over the Internet for their users," noted Geoff Engelstein of ciqada, a division of Mars International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,553
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jul. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,502