|By RealWire News Distribution||
|May 23, 2014 06:09 AM EDT||
FlexNet Manager Suite helps enterprises recapture as much as 25% of their software budgets wasted on shelfware and non-compliant use
Maidenhead, UK - May 23, 2014 - Flexera Software, the leading provider of Application Usage Management solutions for application producers and enterprises, announced today that its market-leading Software License Optimisation solution, FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises, won the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) CODiE Award for best asset management solution. Each award winner was reviewed by a field of industry experts, whose evaluations determined 125 finalists. SIIA members then reviewed the finalists and voted to select this year's award winners. This is the fourth CODiE award win for Flexera Software.
FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises is used by hundreds of organisations to gain control of software licensing, reduce risk of non-compliance, and optimise software spend across the enterprise. It is built on the FlexNet Manager Platform, which provides scalable IT asset management, including both hardware and software asset management across more than 14,000 publishers and 125,000 applications, providing insight into installed software and application usage while delivering purchased versus installed license reconciliation and software license compliance.
With specialised modules to optimise high-value vendors including Adobe, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Symantec and engineering applications, the suite applies license entitlements to minimise license consumption and allows organisations to reduce software audit risk by maintaining continuous license compliance. Products in FlexNet Manager Suite allow organisations to efficiently manage concurrent license servers, reduce denials of service and maximise application utilisation. Unprecedented insight into software usage and usage trends allows organizations to optimise license types and better forecast future software needs.
"In a global enterprise software market exceeding $340 billion, we know that as much as 25 percent of that spend is wasted in the form of shelfware - when organisations buy software they do not use. It's also wasted due to license non-compliance - when organisations overuse their software beyond contract subjecting themselves to software audit 'true-up' costs and penalties - often in the millions or tens-of-millions of dollars per infraction," said Richard Northing, Senior Vice President of Products and Services at Flexera Software. "Whether our customers leverage FlexNet Manager Suite on-premises or in the cloud, it is bar-none the most effective solution enabling prudent organisations to eliminate this massive waste and corporate risk. We're delighted that the SIIA judges and members recognise the tremendous value we deliver and are honored to receive the CODiE award for best asset management solution."
"SIIA's 2014 Software CODiE Award winners' have some of the most innovative, high-impact software products and services in the market," said SIIA Vice President for the Software Division, Rhianna Collier. "We congratulate all of this year's CODiE Award winners and thank them for the contributions they have made to the software and services industry."
FlexNet Manager Suite also won the CODiE award for best asset management solution in 2012. In both 2006 and 2007 Flexera Software's FlexNet Licensing won the CODiE award for best digital rights management solution. FlexNet Licensing empowers application producers to combat software piracy and increase revenues by easily enabling new pricing, packaging and software licensing models.
# # #
FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises includes the following components:
- FlexNet Manager Platform
- FlexNet Manager for Microsoft
- FlexNet Manager for Adobe
- FlexNet Manager for IBM
- FlexNet Manager for Oracle
- FlexNet Manager for Symantec
- FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications
- FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications
- Workflow Manager
- Read our Blog on Software License Optimization
- FlexNet Manager Suite Success Stories
- Related Flexera Software Webinars
- Software License Optimization White Papers
Follow Flexera Software…
About Flexera Software
Flexera Software helps application producers and enterprises increase application usage and the value they derive from their software. Our Application Usage Management solutions are essential to ensure continuous licensing compliance, optimised software investments and to future-proof businesses against the risks and costs of constantly changing technology. Over 80,000 customers turn to Flexera Software as a trusted and neutral source for the knowledge and expertise we have gained as the marketplace leader in licensing, installation and compliance for over 20 years and for the automation and intelligence designed into our products. For more information, please go to: www.flexerasoftware.com.
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education, and intellectual property protection to more than 700 leading software and information companies.
The SIIA Software Division provides a forum for companies developing the applications, services, infrastructure and tools that are driving the software and services industry forward. For further information, visit www.siia.net/software
About the SIIA CODiETM Awards
The SIIA CODiETM Awards, originally called the Excellence in Software Awards, were established in 1986 by the Software Publishers Association (SPA), now the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), so that pioneers of the then-nascent software industry could evaluate and honor each other's work. Since then, the CODiE Awards program has carried out the same purpose - to showcase the software and information industry's finest products and services and to honor excellence in corporate achievement.
For more information, contact:
Vidushi Patel / Nicola Males
T: +44 7958 474 632 / +44 7976 652491
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2014 Flexera Software LLC. All other brand and product names mentioned herein may be the trademarks and registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar