|By Marketwired .||
|May 14, 2014 03:01 AM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/14/14 -- Atlantis Computing®, a leading provider of In-Memory software-defined storage, today announced its support for VMware Horizon 6 and Virtual SAN. The Atlantis ILIO software platform is proven at scale to deliver enterprise-class optimization services to virtualized environments, dramatically increasing the performance of VMs, while simultaneously allowing existing storage to support up to 10 times more desktops. Atlantis ILIO with VMware Horizon 6 and Virtual SAN can deliver better desktop performance than a MacBook Air, reduce the cost per virtual desktop to less than a PC, and deliver increased deployment flexibility with off-the-shelf servers, local storage components, and networks.
Delivering Enterprise-class Optimization Services to VMware Horizon & Virtual SAN
Atlantis ILIO delivers enterprise-class optimization services through its In-Memory Storage technology to extend Virtual SAN performance, and support more virtual desktops with fewer disks. With Atlantis ILIO, VMs run in server memory to deliver incredible performance, while storage traffic is optimized with Atlantis Computing's patented context-aware IO processing technology, as well as its inline de-duplication, compression, and coalescing optimization services to reduce the amount of underlying storage required to support the VMs. In joint Atlantis ILIO with Virtual SAN benchmarks, these optimization services increased performance by up to 5x, while reducing capacity by up to 90%. Atlantis ILIO with Virtual SAN delivers optimized software-defined storage for Horizon 6, offering new levels of flexibility and cost savings for desktop virtualization.
Convergence of Desktop Virtualization and Software-Defined Storage
The combination of Atlantis ILIO and VMware Virtual SAN delivers a truly differentiated hyper-converged platform enabling customers to create high performance systems using off the shelf networking, servers, and direct-attached storage (RAM, Flash, SSD, SAS, and SATA) to create an optimized and integrated storage and compute platform that delivers:
- A better-than-PC user experience
- A low infrastructure cost
- The ability to use blade servers with VMware Virtual SAN
- The flexibility to pool and share any SAN or NAS with VSAN
Customers can instantly create the optimal storage infrastructure for the desired application using local server storage components, and software from Atlantis Computing and VMware. Due to its high performance, the combination enables customers to implement hyper-converged systems for use cases beyond VDI and Test & Dev. For desktop virtualization, the user experience can be better than a high-end PC with flash, yet hardware costs can be reduced by up to 80% compared to traditional storage. The flexibility of the combined Virtual SAN and Atlantis ILIO solution also allows for deployments at scale using only blade servers and provides the ability to pool and share any SAN or NAS array with VMware Virtual SAN.
Atlantis ILIO Award-Winning, Highly Scalable Software-Defined Storage Platform
To date, Atlantis Computing has deployed software to manage and optimize more than 12 Petabytes of In-Memory Storage for more than 580,000 VMs globally across hundreds of mission critical deployments, including some of the largest successful virtualization deployments in the world. Customers include Blue Cross Blue Shield of Hawaii, Colt Technology Services, Frankfurter Bankgesellschaft, Hammersmith and Fullham Council, JP Morgan Chase, University Hospitals of Leicester, U.S. Army, Washington Trust Bank, and over 500 others. Atlantis ILIO USX is the next generation of this proven In-Memory Storage architecture, purpose-built to optimize and manage all virtualized server workloads including SQL server, Exchange, collaboration, test & development and big data applications.
"With Horizon 6, VMware is delivering a unified platform for desktop and application virtualization that leverages the power and flexibility of the software-defined data center. VMware Horizon 6, VMware Virtual SAN and Atlantis ILIO® enable customers to build high performance VDI architectures that deliver incredible user experience at very low cost through the use of off-the-shelf storage and server components." Bernard Harguindeguy, President & CEO, Atlantis Computing
"VMware extends the power of virtualization -- from data centers to devices -- to deliver adaptive user experiences on-demand with closed-loop manageability and hybrid-cloud flexibility," said Erik Frieberg, Vice President Marketing, End User Computing, VMware. "VMware Horizon, Virtual SAN and Atlantis ILIO offer a unique solution that is an example of a new generation of desktop virtualization architecture that can deliver higher ROI and greater deployment flexibility through software-defined storage."
Tweet this: @AtlantisILIO announces support for @VMwareHorizon and #VSAN: the ultimate hyper-converged system. #SDS
- Atlantis ILIO with Horizon 6 & Virtual SAN Webinar (recorded)
- Atlantis ILIO with Horizon 6 & Virtual SAN Blog
- Atlantis ILIO USX Technical FAQ
- Atlantis ILIO USX Business FAQ
- Atlantis ILIO USX and VMware VSAN Solution Brief
- Atlantis Computing Website
- Atlantis Computing Blog
- Atlantis Computing on YouTube
- Atlantis Computing on Twitter: @AtlantisILIO
- Atlantis Computing on LinkedIn
About Atlantis Computing
Atlantis Computing, winner of the prestigious Best of VMworld and Best of Citrix Synergy awards, addresses the challenges of storage-intensive applications in private and public clouds: performance, cost, and the ability to scale-out on demand. Atlantis ILIO is purpose-built software-defined storage that complements virtualization solutions from Citrix, Microsoft and VMware to optimize how virtual machines consume storage in the virtual datacenter, automate large scale deployment and management, and lower implementation risks. Atlantis Computing is privately held and funded by Adams Street Partners, Cisco Systems, El Dorado Ventures and Partech International, with headquarters in Mountain View, California and offices in Europe. For more information, visit: www.atlantiscomputing.com or follow us on Twitter @AtlantisILIO.
Atlantis Computing, Atlantis ILIO and Atlantis ILIO USX are registered trademarks of Atlantis Computing. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
VMware, Horizon and VMware Virtual SAN are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar