|By Business Wire||
|April 22, 2014 12:00 PM EDT||
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the latest addition to its PA Projector Series with the introduction of the PA622U. This advanced, professional projector is ideal for corporate, higher education and museum applications.
The PA622U is the first projector in the NEC lineup that includes an HDBaseT connection. HDBaseT reduces the cost and time of installations by simplifying the install process. HDBaseT supports uncompressed full HD digital video, audio, and control over a single Cat6 cable, thereby eliminating the need for multiple cables and connections.
The 6,200-lumen projector offers stacking capability, which allows up to four projectors to be stacked vertically or horizontally to boost the image brightness up to 24,800 lumens. This feature is an asset to larger-sized screens and environments with additional ambient light. Built-in edge blending also delivers seamless high-resolution images of almost any configuration, giving users additional flexibility for creativity with their applications.
Continuing its role as a technology leader, NEC’s PA622U projector incorporates tilt-free installation capabilities, allowing for floor or ceiling projection – ideal for almost any install environment. With the addition of portrait mode, users can create new projection configurations and dynamic atmospheres.
“This advanced model is equipped to take on the most demanding integration projects,” said Rich McPherson, Senior Product Manager for Projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “Multi-display capabilities and TileMatrix technologies are integrated into the PA622U projector, creating up to a 4K x 2K resolution image while using four edge blended projectors.”
The virtually maintenance-free projector – with up to 4,000 hours of lamp and filter life – lowers a user’s total cost of ownership and lengthens projector life. Additionally, selectable ECO Mode™ technology extends the projector’s lamp life by up to 50 percent, while eco-conscious features like quick start (3 to 4 seconds), auto power-on and direct power-off further advance the projector’s lifetime.
The PA622U projector also provides greater installation flexibility with a complete line of six optional bayonet-style lenses for quick and easy exchange. Lens-throw distances range from 2.5 ft. to 68.5 ft. A vertical lens shift of 60 percent and a horizontal lens shift of +/- 30 percent make alignment easy.
The new PA Series projector includes the following features:
- 6,200 lumens in WUXGA native resolution
- Lamp life up to 4,000 hours with ECO Mode
- Connectivity, which includes HDBaseT, dual HDMI with HDCP, DisplayPort, computer and 5BNC
- Stacking capability (up to 4 projectors)
- Advanced AccuBlend™, which ensures detailed images when non-native resolution sources are connected to the projector
- Complete line of six bayonet-style lenses
- 3D Reform™, which squares the image by adjusting horizontally, vertically or diagonally when the projector is placed at an off-set angle
- Cornerstone correction, which helps display the image properly when the projector is set up at an angle to the screen
- Geometric correction, which allows the projector to display square-looking images on cylindrical, spherical or cornered screens
- Horizontal and vertical lens shift
- Edge blending technology, which creates panoramic images with multiple projectors
- DICOM Simulation
- Email notifications to inform the system administrator when the projector’s lamp approaches the end of its useful life
The PA622U projector ship with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in April 2014 at an estimated street price of $6,599. The lamp is covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first. Education customers can receive an additional year on their warranties. Meanwhile, Star Student customers can receive an additional two years on their warranties. To qualify, visit www.necstarstudent.com for registration details.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. It has deployed more than one-million large-format displays worldwide. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar