|By Marketwired .||
|April 16, 2014 09:00 AM EDT||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/16/14 -- Jasper today announced a $50 million round of growth financing led by Temasek to enable the company to serve the surging demand from global enterprises and mobile operators for its Internet of Things (IoT) platform. Jasper was founded in 2004 to offer a cloud-based approach designed to enable enterprises to launch, manage and monetize IoT businesses. Today more than 1,000 companies manage millions of connected products and devices on the Jasper Platform. They are deployed across Jasper's global operator partner network of 19 mobile operator groups representing over 100 network affiliates worldwide.
Service IT: Enabling Global Enterprises to Capitalize on the Benefits of IoT Technology
Most enterprises recognize the opportunities presented by a physical world that is becoming increasingly connected. As the IoT movement gains momentum, connected devices are the tools that help businesses establish a direct, always-on connection between themselves and the rest of the world. Connected devices are enabling companies to build stronger relationships with their customers and are becoming a conduit for new services, business models and sources of revenue. While the possibilities for delivering new benefits are endless, companies that embrace IoT quickly discover the need for a component essential to deploying and managing their IoT initiatives: Service IT.
Service IT is the software and systems required to build a successful IoT business. Jasper, a pioneer in the emerging category of Service IT, has spent nearly a decade building its IoT platform. Jasper delivers the real-time visibility and control that companies need to launch, manage and monetize a successful service business, all in a single, turnkey, cloud-based solution. An increasing number of industries are choosing Jasper to manage their IoT initiatives and enable capabilities critical to their business success, including mobile service management, real-time engagement, support diagnostics, billing and business automation.
"After nearly a decade partnering with enterprises and operators, we know one thing with absolute certainty: the Internet of Things is not about things, it is about service," said Jahangir Mohammed, founder and CEO of Jasper. "We are seeing explosive growth in the number of Internet-connected devices, with many more billions anticipated by the end of the decade. And for over a thousand companies around the globe, these services are already made possible by our IoT platform. We make it easy to successfully deploy IoT service businesses."
Jasper: Trusted by the World's Most Innovative and Respected Brands
Jasper was founded with the vision of making it easier for companies to launch and build connected businesses that deliver new high-value services through real-time, ongoing customer engagement. Today, the Jasper Platform powers the IoT initiatives of more than 1,000 of the world's most innovative companies, including Alarm.com, Air Liquide, Audi, Boston Scientific, Coca-Cola, Ford, Garmin, General Electric, General Motors, Honeywell, Nissan, Securitas and many others.
In the automotive industry, Jasper is working with major car manufacturers to connect automobiles. They are now delivering real-time traffic, weather, entertainment, and over-the-air maintenance services, opening up new revenue streams and business models.
In the healthcare and medical device industries, Jasper has helped leading brands to connect devices, patients, caregivers and healthcare professionals, optimizing treatment and delivering more effective service by rapidly gathering and communicating patient data.
The Jasper Platform is empowering the airline industry to connect jet engines to a centralized system, enabling real-time preventive maintenance and helping to reduce the loss of more than $8 billion in operational costs that result from flight delays and cancellations each year.
As a leading partner to mobile operator groups around the world, such as AT&T, America Móvil, SingTel, Telefónica and Telenor, Jasper helps bring new, profitable revenue streams to existing mobile businesses.
Companies across an increasing number of industries are seeking ways to transform their business in the era of the Internet-connected physical world. Jasper enables this transformation.
Capital Infusion to Drive Product Innovation
Jasper helps enterprises and operators capitalize on the IoT opportunity, bolstered by deep platform integration with major mobile operator partners across six continents, and the proven ability to scale and adapt to enterprises in more than 20 industry verticals.
The $50 million influx of capital will allow Jasper to accelerate innovation of its platform to further increase business value for enterprises and operators.
The new round is led by Temasek. Incorporated in 1974, Temasek is a global investment company headquartered in Singapore. Supported by 11 offices worldwide, Temasek owns a S$215 billion portfolio, with assets in Asia, North America, Latin America and Europe.
About Jasper Wireless, Inc.
Becoming a connected business means becoming a service business. And that's where Jasper comes in. Jasper is the pioneer in cloud-based platforms for the Internet of Things (IoT) and the defining player in the Service IT category. The Jasper Platform empowers enterprises and mobile operators of all sizes to deploy successful IoT service businesses on a global scale. More than 1,000 companies, including many of the world's top brands, have chosen Jasper to fast-track their connected businesses. Mobile operator groups worldwide, representing over 100 network affiliates, partner with Jasper.
Founded in 2004, Jasper is based in Mountain View, California. For more information, visit www.jasper.com or follow us on Twitter @Jasper__IoT.
Peter Sadler or Lauren Scherr
LaunchSquad for Jasper
jasper [at] launchsquad [dot] com
William de la Bedoyere
AxiCom PR for Jasper
william.delabedoyere [at] axicom [dot] com
+44 20 8392 8074
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar