|By Marketwired .||
|April 2, 2014 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/02/14 -- Actiance, a provider of compliance, security, archiving and eDiscovery for all critical business communications, today announced that Vantage is now a Select partner within the EMC® Business Partner Program for Technology Connect Partners. Vantage extends the compliance and eDiscovery capabilities of EMC® SourceOne -- the advanced archiving solution that improves user productivity and provides seamless access to archived email, files, and Microsoft SharePoint content -- by controlling, monitoring, and capturing unified communications, public IM, enterprise social software, community networks and corporate devices. The combined solution allows EMC customers to manage and archive these real-time communications and use SourceOne as a single on-premise repository for all their data sources.
Giving employees access to each other and their communities via collaborative communication tools, where they can openly share ideas and content, can be a challenge for a number of stakeholders, including Compliance, Legal, and HR. The leakage of confidential information or the posting of inflammatory or inappropriate content could potentially impact the corporate bottom line or brand. In addition, for organizations in regulated industries like financial services, pharmaceuticals, or healthcare, there may be specific rules and regulations governing the use and retention of electronic communications. Not to be overlooked are legal and internal governance requirements that apply to all organizations. Given the litigiousness of today's society, being able to retain, find, and review content quickly is critical to minimizing legal costs and avoiding sanctions.
Vantage is designed to meet an organization's compliance, eDiscovery and security requirements for real-time communications by monitoring and capturing all exchanges, in context. Vantage makes it easy to review and retrieve relevant information, and provide an audit trail for compliance purposes if required. Vantage helps organizations meet the requirements of government and industry regulations such as those mandated by the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, FRCP, HIPAA, and Sarbanes-Oxley. Supported applications include:
- Unified Communications: Microsoft Lync/OCS, IBM Sametime, Cisco Unified Presence, Cisco IM and Presence
- Public Instant Messaging: AIM, Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger
- Enterprise Social Networks: IBM Connections, Jive, Salesforce Chatter, Microsoft SharePoint
- Community Networks: Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, ICE Chat, Pivot, HubIM
- Corporate Devices: BlackBerry call logs and PIN, SMS, and BlackBerry Messenger messages
Today's news builds on the recent announcement that Actiance Socialite -- a SaaS-based solution (with a mobile app) that gives organizations' employees the ability to ensure compliance for their Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter activities and content -- is available in EMC Select. As a result, customers can now control, monitor, and capture all their communications, and use SourceOne as a single on-premise repository for all their data sources.
"Our customers want the peace of mind that the real-time communications solution they have adopted doesn't compromise the organization's security or ability to comply with industry regulations," said Russ Stockdale, vice president of data protection and availability at EMC. "Today, with Actiance Vantage, SourceOne customers can archive conversations from unified communications, public IM, enterprise social software, community networks and corporate devices in their SourceOne archive, providing comprehensive eDiscovery while improving regulatory compliance and reducing security risks to the organization."
"Real-time communication channels are a mainstay in many organizations today as is the threat of data leakage, sanctions by industry regulators and litigation," said Kailash Ambwani, president and CEO of Actiance. "With our participation in EMC Select, SourceOne customers will be able to control and manage these channels to comply with regulatory, legal and corporate governance requirements."
For more information on Actiance or its products, please visit:
Actiance is a global leader in communication, collaboration, and social media governance for the enterprise. Its governance platform is used by millions of professionals across dozens of industries. With the power of communication, collaboration, and social media at their fingertips, Actiance helps professionals everywhere to engage with customers and colleagues so they can unleash social business. The Actiance platform gives organizations the ability to ensure compliance for all their communications channels. It provides real-time content monitoring, centralized policy management, contextual capture of content and smart archiving which improves the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of eDiscovery and helps protect users from malware and accidental or malicious leakage of information. Actiance supports all leading social media, unified communications, collaboration, and IM platforms, including Facebook (FB), LinkedIn (LNKD), Twitter, Google (GOOG), Yahoo! (YHOO), IBM, (IBM), Jive (JIVE), Microsoft (MSFT), Cisco (CSCO), and Salesforce.com (CRM).
Actiance is headquartered in Redwood City, California. For more information, visit http://www.actiance.com or call 1-888-349-3223.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar