|By Business Wire||
|March 31, 2014 08:02 AM EDT||
Motorola Solutions Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is giving customers more options for wireless local area networks (WLAN) that are cost effective and easy to deploy. The new VX 9000 offers businesses one of the most scalable WLAN cloud solutions on the market while still providing the functionality of Motorola’s robust NX hardware controller. The VX 9000 software-based virtualized controller supports up to 25,000 access points in a single instance and can scale to support multiple instances, bringing a new level of simplicity and hardware independence to the WLAN. Motorola’s new NX 7500 multi-service platform is designed for midsize enterprises and campus environments and offers comprehensive management of more than 2,000 access points. Powered by WiNG 5, the NX 7500 ensures optimal RF performance, speed and throughput by enabling every transmission to follow the fastest and most efficient route to its destination.
The EX 3500 is the perfect complement for a Motorola WLAN, delivering unified access with all of the wired networking requirements for branch and remote office deployments. The economical, standalone solution offers the features of a wired access switch with the advantage of centralized management and standardized policies across both the wireless and wireline network. Motorola also is announcing new security enhancements to its AirDefense portfolio to help detect suspicious Bluetooth® devices. AirDefense’s Bluetooth Monitoring is the world’s only solution that can help retailers be on the lookout for Bluetooth-enabled payment card skimmers.
- The VX 9000 combines scalability with high-performing advanced wireless services, superior deployment flexibility and centralized management of the entire wireless network through a single windowpane. Field upgradable to 10G, the NX 7500 Integrated Service Platform offers a built-in solid-state drive for maximum protection of critical data — including analytics and applications.
- The EX 3500 switch features gigabit ethernet speed and Quality of Service (QoS) to ensure high performance for applications. Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support eliminates the need to run power cabling, making installation fast, easy and cost-effective.
- Motorola’s new AirDefense Bluetooth monitoring is a cost-effective, easy-to-deploy solution that can be up and running in as little as a day, improving payment card security without increasing operational costs.
- The WiNG 5 operating system provides the advanced brainpower required to create network awareness for the WLAN, allowing every piece of infrastructure in a wireless network to work together to route every transmission as efficiently as possible
- Motorola’s WLAN Management Service assures performance and availability of business-critical WLAN networks. The service encompasses security and compliance, including rogue identification and threat mitigation; network assurance, which includes troubleshooting, proactive testing and forensic analysis, support for centralized management and policy configuration of Motorola WiNG 5 infrastructure.
Craig Mathias, principal analyst, Farpoint Group
“Given today’s rapidly-increasing need to implement and operate mission-critical, growth-oriented, and high-capacity wireless networks, moving key control and management elements into virtualized and even cloud-based environments is going to see rapid gains in popularity. Motorola Solutions’ new VX9000 points the way to scalable, high-performance wireless IT solutions, with no compromise in functionality or performance.”
Dr. Ing Maurizio Bonmassari, IT manager, Coop SAIT
“Motorola Solutions’ EX 3500 is the perfect wired ethernet switch for unified wired and wireless networks. The technology allows us to remotely stage, configure, monitor and manage the wired EX 3500 through our NX Integrated Services Platforms and provides the simplicity of a single management windowpane for our entire wired and wireless network.”
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Motorola Solutions
“Customers want flexible, accessible and cost-effective solutions when it comes to their wireless networks. Motorola’s new suite of solutions allows businesses to extend their networks into the cloud with the most scalable options on the market, whether it be the VX 9000 or NX 7500. Additionally, the new EX 3500 switch will provide true unified access and standardized policies across both the wireless and wireline network.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Wireless LAN
Website: Motorola Solutions Wireless Networks
Facebook: Motorola Solutions
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2014 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar