|By PR Newswire||
|March 28, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, March 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Live from the Expo Hall, Macworld/iWorld 2014 attendees and a panel of all-star judges have named the co-winners of the inaugural Macworld/iWorld and SF New Tech 6 About to Break competition. Out of more than 100 entrants, Avegant Glyph and Petcube emerged tied as the overall winners based on their innovative design and technology. 6 About to Break was created to spotlight the most innovative apps, accessories, software, hardware and utilities uniquely positioned to breakout as leaders in the Apple marketplace.
Sponsored by Rackspace, Telerik, VentureBeat, Cult of Mac, and Fast Company, 6 About to Break was held at Macworld/iWorld in San Francisco on Thursday, March 27. The six finalists—AppPresser, Everypost, Glyph, MotionPortrait, Petcube and ReKognition — took to the stage with SF New Tech style presentation: providing a five minute demo followed by fielding five minutes of questions from the audience. The illustrious judging panel from Cult of Mac, Macworld/iWorld, MeekerQuinn, Quake Labs, SF New Tech and VentureBeat—along with the voting audience—declared Avegant Glyph and Petcube co-winners of the competition.
"To be named a winner in the first-ever 6 About to Break is a tremendous honor because it not only validates Glyph, it gives us unparalleled access and exposure to the Apple ecosystem and marketplace," said Edward Tang, CEO of Avegant. "The global recognition we have already received from Macworld/iWorld and SF New Tech is phenomenal, and we want to thank them, as well as the judges and fans, for supporting our vision, business and team."
Glyph is a wearable mobile personal theater device that allows users to experience media with vivid life-like clarity and exceptional sound. The combination of Glyph's unique flip-down form factor, super sharp imagery and premium noise-canceling audio, revolutionizes personal display technology.
"Petcube will change the way that people interact with their pets, and bring human and pet communication to a whole new level," said Yaroslav Azhuyuk, CEO and co-founder of Petcube. "We are thrilled to be named a winner in the 6 About to Break competition, which gives us more inspiration to work on our dreams and provides us with exposure to the thousands of Macworld/iWorld attendees."
Petcube is a home gadget that lets users watch, talk and play laser games with their pet through a mobile phone app. The Petcube iPhone app launched at Macworld/iWorld 2014 and is now available on the App Store. The Petcube device comes in a sleek box that includes a laser pointer, wide angle camera lens, speakers and Wi-Fi.
As winners, Avegant Glyph and Petcube will receive global recognition from IDG, a kiosk at Macworld/iWorld 2014, free hosting from Rackspace, complete Kendo UI and Icenium full product licenses and support from Telerik.
Due to the overwhelming success of the event, Macworld/iWorld and SF New Tech announced today that 6 About to Break will now take place annually at Macworld/iWorld.
"There are many startup competitions that exist, but what makes 6 About to Break unique is our partnership with SF New Tech, enabling us to find, support and promote the very best emerging technology startups tied to Apple innovation," said Paul Kent, vice president and general manager of Macworld/iWorld and a 6 About to Break judge. "All of the finalists were standouts, but both Avegant Glyph and Petcube emerged as the winner because they exemplify the future of technology. We can't wait to see what the next batch of applicants will bring."
For more information on the contest, finalists and overall winner, please visit http://macworldiworld.com/6-about-to-break. To stay current on Macworld/iWorld new, visit our blog, connect with us on Twitter @MacworldExpo event hashtag #Macworld2014, like us on Facebook, circle in with us on Google+, and follow us on Instagram and YouTube.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's ultimate fan event for those who use, create, and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our exhibit hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. From home users, to artistic hobbyists and professionals, and the true Technorati—Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place March 27-29, 2014 at the Moscone Center North in San Francisco with over 500 media and 25,000 attendees. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About SF New Tech
SF New Tech is the Bay Area's largest and longest-running event for people who can't get enough of technology. SF New Tech provides a unique platform for both young startups and established companies to demo their product and discuss their company in front of hundreds of local technologists, developers, VCs, reporters, bloggers, founders and anyone interested in the latest innovations. The format is simple: each company gets a 5 minute presentation and 5 minute Q&A period to convince the audience why their product is the next big thing. SF New Tech is founded by long time Bay Area technology veteran Myles Weissleder. http://www.sfnewtech.com
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is an award-winning producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld®/iWorld®, the MacIT® Conference, Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Digital Entertainment World (DEW), The Game Marketing Summit® (GMS), Anime Expo®, BlogHer, BlogHer Food, and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar