|By Business Wire||
|March 27, 2014 11:30 AM EDT||
Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced the Toshiba Canvio® Desk Desktop External Hard Drive, a high capacity storage device that saves significant work space with its small compact design. In addition, the company unveiled a 2.5-inch internal Solid State Hybrid Drive, offering an easy upgrade for notebook owners looking to speed up their PC.
“The Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive offers enhanced features, great performance and generous storage capacity in a versatile and compact design set to match any office space,” said Maciek Brzeski, vice president of product marketing and development, Branded Storage Products, Toshiba Digital Products Division. “In addition, our new 2.5-inch Solid State Hybrid Drive for notebooks is a perfect upgrade for people looking to extend the life of their laptop with more storage and speed.”
With up to 5TB of storage capacity1, this device allows users to store up to 1,315,000 songs, 1,428,000 photos or 4,110 movies. Featuring a built-in USB 3.0 interface2, the Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive significantly improves file transfer performance for large media files while minimalizing the wait time for back-up. The Canvio Desk is supported both in horizontal and vertical orientation – allowing it to fit perfectly in any home or office space.
With NTI® Backup Now EZ™ software, the Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive has the ability to scan computer systems and recommend the best comprehensive coverage. This also allows users the ability to restore any file that is saved on their computers. In addition, this device provides password-protected data encryption to ensure that backup files are safe from unauthorized access.
Backed by a three-year limited warranty3, Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive delivers Toshiba’s high quality standard offering reliable high capacity add-on storage and backup solution with the latest USB technology.
2.5-inch Internal Solid State Hybrid Drive Offers Easy and Speedy Upgrade to Existing Notebooks
Toshiba’s notebook 2.5-inch Internal Solid State Hybrid Drives provide a convenient and reliable way to upgrade every major brand of notebook computer. Toshiba combines its proven and reliable hard drive and NAND technology with a Serial ATA interface to provide increased performance, capacity and compatibility.
The Toshiba Solid State Hybrid Drive delivers SSD-like performance and responsiveness by combining NAND flash and innovative, self-learning algorithms with up to 1TB of storage capacity in a compact series of 2.5-inch hard drives. Compatible with most notebooks, Toshiba’s internal solid-state hybrid drive offers a fast, convenient and reliable way to upgrade a notebook’s capacity and performance.
This device provides both the speed and performance of a SSD and the large storage capacity of a HDD. It is the perfect device for gamers looking to significantly decrease their loading game time or for the application intensive user.
Pricing and Availability
The Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive is currently available for purchase at select retailers and on toshiba.com/us/storage for $249.99 MRSP4 for the 4TB model and $299.99 MSRP for the 5TB model.
The Toshiba Notebook 2.5” Internal Solid State Hybrid Drive is currently available for purchase at select retailers and on toshiba.com/us/storage for $129.99 MSRP for the 500GB model and $179.99 MSRP for the 1TB model.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading laptops, tablets, HDTVs, Blu-ray Disc® and media streaming products; physical and cloud storage solutions; virtual desktop infrastructure; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit toshiba.com/us.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 5.8 trillion yen (US$61 billion). Visit Toshiba’s web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2014 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
1 Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
2 USB 3.0. 5Gbps is the maximum theoretical interface transfer rate per the specifications of the Universal Serial Bus 3.0. Actual transfer rate will vary depending on your system configuration and other factors.
3 Warranty. The terms and conditions of Toshiba's standard limited warranty, and extended warranty and service upgrade plans are available at www.warranty.toshiba.com
4 Price. Reseller prices may vary. MSRP means “Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price.”
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar