|By Business Wire||
|March 27, 2014 09:39 AM EDT||
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will be showcasing a number of its imageCLASS multifunction printers and imageFORMULA document scanners at Macworld/iWorld 2014 on March 27 – 29, at the Moscone Center – North Hall in San Francisco, California. Demonstrating the value Canon solutions can bring to select Apple® users, from operational speed, to mobility, to connectivity and outstanding output, visitors to the Canon booth (#318) will learn how they can integrate select imageCLASS and imageFORMULA devices into their document workflows. Along with its solutions presence, Canon will be sponsoring the registration area at Macworld/iWorld 2014.
Canon products on display this year include:
- Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw Multifunction Printer: Great for those in need of an all-in-one wireless printer that delivers outstanding color output and connectivity, the Canon Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw MFP is compatible with select Mac® devices1 and can interact with a variety of mobile applications, including the free Canon Mobile Printing2 app and the Canon Mobile Scanning for Business3 app. The Canon Mobile Printing and Canon Mobile Scanning for Business apps are available for download from the App StoreSM and allow users to print from and scan to compatible iPad® or iPhone® devices.4 Adding to its connectivity capabilities, the MF8580Cdw MFP is also compatible with Apple AirPrintTM.5 With the Apple AirPrint feature, users can wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages and documents from their compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch® devices. The MF8580Cdw MFP leverages outstanding color imaging technologies built in to the device to help ensure printed materials are crisp and vibrant while it outputs professional documents at speeds of up to approximately 21 pages-per-minute6 in both color and black and white.
- imageCLASS MF6160dw Multifunction Printer: Combining print, copy, scan and fax needs into one compact device, the imageCLASS MF6160dw MFP provides select Mac7 users with an expansive feature set to help boost productivity in small to medium sized offices. Included in this feature set is a broad range of mobile capabilities such as the compatibility with the Canon Mobile Printing app2 and the Canon Mobile Scanning for Business app.3 Also included in this feature set is compatibility with Apple AirPrint,5 which allows users to wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages and documents from select iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch devices. The MF6160dw MFP is also equipped with “Send” technology, which gives users the ability to send scanned documents and forward received faxes to a recipient through email or a file server to help improve office workflows. Additionally, a high capacity cartridge is available as a replacement consumable so users can also enjoy a lower cost per page as compared to the standard cartridge.
- imageFORMULA DR-C125 Office Document Scanner: The DR-C125 scanner is great for use by individuals or small workgroups to help them modernize paper-based processes, helping increase efficiency and productivity. Compatible with select Mac operating systems,8 it includes Full Auto Mode, which adjusts multiple feature settings to easily deliver an outstanding scanned image. Slim and narrow, the DR-C125 scanner can handle a variety of items, including thick or thin documents, long or oversized documents, and wallet-sized plastic or embossed cards.9
- imageFORMULA P-208 and P-215 Scan-tini Personal Document Scanners: The P-208 and P-215 scanners are outstanding for home, office, and mobile users. They provide general purpose scanning of various items, including business cards, receipts, photographs, reports, plastic ID cards or driver licenses. Slim and lightweight for easy portability and device sharing, these scanners can help improve personal efficiency, organization and productivity. Compatible with select Mac devices,10 the P-208 and P-215 scanners let users “Plug-and-Scan,” without installing drivers or applications, and can send scanned images directly to select cloud applications. The P-215 scanner also comes with a built-in card reader. Additionally, when combined with the optional WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack and free downloadable Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app, both the P-208 and P-215 scanners are compatible with select iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices.11
- WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack: The WU10 wireless adapter and battery pack can easily attach to the imageFORMULA Scan-tini (P-215 and P-208) mobile document scanners,12 creating a wireless connection to select Mac and iOS computing devices, helping to reduce cable clutter and helping to facilitate sharing among small groups of users. On a full charge, the WU10 wireless adapter and battery pack can deliver enough power to scan hundreds of images, allowing for outstanding mobile functionality and flexibility.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. AirPrint is a trademark of Apple Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
1 The imageCLASS MF8580Cdw MFP is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 and up.
2 Requires Canon Mobile Printing app available free on the Apple App Store. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad 2, and the original iPad running iOS 6.0.1 - 6.1.2. Supports Android OS 2.3.3 - 4.2.2.
3 During imageCLASS device discovery, user may be prompted to update device firmware depending on the purchase date of the unit. The firmware can be found by going to usa.canon.com/support and searching your model under "Drivers & Software". For update instructions, see the document bundled into the firmware download. The app supports devices running iOS 5.1 or later and is available for the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, the New iPad (4th Generation), iPad (3rd Generation), iPad 2, the original iPad and the iPad Mini.
4 Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
5 AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
6 Print speeds are based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected as well as on the settings for size, type, and orientation of paper.
7 The imageCLASS MF6160dw MFP is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 & up
8 Mac OS 10.5.8 to 10.9
9 U-Turn Path: Width: 2.0" - 8.5" Length: 2.8" - 14.0", Straight Path: Width: 2.0" - 8.5" Length: 2.1" - 14.0", Long Doc. Mode: Up to 118.1", Document Weight: U-Turn Path: 14 - 32 lb. Bond, Straight Path: 13 - 56 lb. Bond
10 Mac OS 10.5.8 to 10.9 (P-215) Mac OS 10.6 to 10.9 (P-208)
11 Compatible with iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch (3rd generation or later), iPod touch (4th generation or later), and iPad devices. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
12 P-Series scanner sold separately from WU10.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Liaison Technologies, a leading provider of data management and integration cloud services and solutions, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Liaison Technologies is a recognized market leader in providing cloud-enabled data integration and data management solutions to break down complex information barriers, enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions, faster.
May. 7, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,444
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
May. 7, 2015 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,062
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the M2M space. This really allows some room for influential individuals to create more high value inter...
May. 7, 2015 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,918
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 6, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 982
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this case) takes into account the number and quality of contextual references that a user receives.
May. 6, 2015 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,756
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
May. 6, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 873
Enterprise IoT is an exciting and chaotic space with a lot of potential to transform how the enterprise resources are managed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Hari Srinivasan, Sr Product Manager at Cisco, will describe the challenges in enabling mass adoption of IoT, and share perspectives and insights on architectures/standards/protocols that are necessary to build a healthy ecosystem and lay the foundation to for a wide variety of exciting IoT use cases in the years to come.
May. 6, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,308
Avnet, Inc. has announced that it ranked No. 4 on the InformationWeek Elite 100 – a list of the top business technology innovators in the U.S. Avnet was recognized for the development of an innovative cloud-based training system that serves as the foundation for Avnet Academy – the company’s education and training organization focused on technical training around top IT vendor technologies. The development of this system allowed Avnet to quickly expand its IT-related training capabilities around the world, while creating a new service that Avnet and its IT solution providers can offer to their...
May. 6, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,085
SYS-CON Events announced today that B2Cloud, a provider of enterprise resource planning software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. B2cloud develops the software you need. They have the ideal tools to help you work with your clients. B2Cloud’s main solutions include AGIS – ERP, CLOHC, AGIS – Invoice, and IZUM
May. 6, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,540
It's time to put the "Thing" back in IoT. Whether it’s drones, robots, self-driving cars, ... There are multiple incredible examples of the power of IoT nowadays that are shadowed by announcements of yet another twist on statistics, databases, .... Sorry, I meant, Big Data(TM), tiered storage(TM), complex systems(TM), smart nations(TM), .... In his session at WebRTC Summit, Dr Alex Gouaillard, CTO and Co-Founder of Temasys, will discuss the concrete, cool, examples of IoT already happening today, and how mixing all those different sources of visual and audio input can make your life happier ...
May. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 780
The WebRTC Summit 2015 New York, to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 16th International Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, Big Data Expo, and DevOps Summit.
May. 6, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,263
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY., and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides private all-in-one social intranets allowing workers to securely collaborate from anywhere in the world and from any device. Social, mobile, and easy to use. MangoApps has been named a "Market Leader" by Ovum Research and a "Cool Vendor" by Gartner...
May. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,485
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on Twitter at @MicroservicesE
May. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,010
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch of Docker's initial release in March of 2013, interest was revved up several notches. Then late last...
May. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,036
There is no doubt that Big Data is here and getting bigger every day. Building a Big Data infrastructure today is no easy task. There are an enormous number of choices for database engines and technologies. To make things even more challenging, requirements are getting more sophisticated, and the standard paradigm of supporting historical analytics queries is often just one facet of what is needed. As Big Data growth continues, organizations are demanding real-time access to data, allowing immediate and actionable interpretation of events as they happen. Another aspect concerns how to deliver ...
May. 6, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,907
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
May. 6, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,509
In his session at WebRTC Summit, Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, will look at creating interactive communications via the web by adding messaging, file transfer, and group communication (group chat and audio/video conferencing) into the web experience. He will also discuss potential applications of this technology in areas including B2B, B2C, P2P, and gaming. Peter Dunkley is Technical Director at Acision. He graduated from The University of Edinburgh in 2000 with a BSc (Hons) in Computer Science. After graduation Peter worked on a PSTN switch developing signalling stacks for SS...
May. 6, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 746
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
May. 6, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,511
What if, during a snow emergency, an on-the-ground sensor could automatically trigger a relevant emergency notification related to snowfall and road impact. And then, after it’s triggered, that notification is delivered intelligently to individuals based on an extensive set of rules designed to alert the most available and capable responders. This “what if” question about “smart highways” is short-sighted. We are already there, and we are only getting started. While mainstream attention is paid to machine-to-machine communications, new technologies are being developed to make these communica...
May. 6, 2015 10:26 AM EDT Reads: 633
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
May. 6, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,679