|By Business Wire||
|March 27, 2014 09:39 AM EDT||
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will be showcasing a number of its imageCLASS multifunction printers and imageFORMULA document scanners at Macworld/iWorld 2014 on March 27 – 29, at the Moscone Center – North Hall in San Francisco, California. Demonstrating the value Canon solutions can bring to select Apple® users, from operational speed, to mobility, to connectivity and outstanding output, visitors to the Canon booth (#318) will learn how they can integrate select imageCLASS and imageFORMULA devices into their document workflows. Along with its solutions presence, Canon will be sponsoring the registration area at Macworld/iWorld 2014.
Canon products on display this year include:
- Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw Multifunction Printer: Great for those in need of an all-in-one wireless printer that delivers outstanding color output and connectivity, the Canon Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw MFP is compatible with select Mac® devices1 and can interact with a variety of mobile applications, including the free Canon Mobile Printing2 app and the Canon Mobile Scanning for Business3 app. The Canon Mobile Printing and Canon Mobile Scanning for Business apps are available for download from the App StoreSM and allow users to print from and scan to compatible iPad® or iPhone® devices.4 Adding to its connectivity capabilities, the MF8580Cdw MFP is also compatible with Apple AirPrintTM.5 With the Apple AirPrint feature, users can wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages and documents from their compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch® devices. The MF8580Cdw MFP leverages outstanding color imaging technologies built in to the device to help ensure printed materials are crisp and vibrant while it outputs professional documents at speeds of up to approximately 21 pages-per-minute6 in both color and black and white.
- imageCLASS MF6160dw Multifunction Printer: Combining print, copy, scan and fax needs into one compact device, the imageCLASS MF6160dw MFP provides select Mac7 users with an expansive feature set to help boost productivity in small to medium sized offices. Included in this feature set is a broad range of mobile capabilities such as the compatibility with the Canon Mobile Printing app2 and the Canon Mobile Scanning for Business app.3 Also included in this feature set is compatibility with Apple AirPrint,5 which allows users to wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages and documents from select iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch devices. The MF6160dw MFP is also equipped with “Send” technology, which gives users the ability to send scanned documents and forward received faxes to a recipient through email or a file server to help improve office workflows. Additionally, a high capacity cartridge is available as a replacement consumable so users can also enjoy a lower cost per page as compared to the standard cartridge.
- imageFORMULA DR-C125 Office Document Scanner: The DR-C125 scanner is great for use by individuals or small workgroups to help them modernize paper-based processes, helping increase efficiency and productivity. Compatible with select Mac operating systems,8 it includes Full Auto Mode, which adjusts multiple feature settings to easily deliver an outstanding scanned image. Slim and narrow, the DR-C125 scanner can handle a variety of items, including thick or thin documents, long or oversized documents, and wallet-sized plastic or embossed cards.9
- imageFORMULA P-208 and P-215 Scan-tini Personal Document Scanners: The P-208 and P-215 scanners are outstanding for home, office, and mobile users. They provide general purpose scanning of various items, including business cards, receipts, photographs, reports, plastic ID cards or driver licenses. Slim and lightweight for easy portability and device sharing, these scanners can help improve personal efficiency, organization and productivity. Compatible with select Mac devices,10 the P-208 and P-215 scanners let users “Plug-and-Scan,” without installing drivers or applications, and can send scanned images directly to select cloud applications. The P-215 scanner also comes with a built-in card reader. Additionally, when combined with the optional WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack and free downloadable Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app, both the P-208 and P-215 scanners are compatible with select iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices.11
- WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack: The WU10 wireless adapter and battery pack can easily attach to the imageFORMULA Scan-tini (P-215 and P-208) mobile document scanners,12 creating a wireless connection to select Mac and iOS computing devices, helping to reduce cable clutter and helping to facilitate sharing among small groups of users. On a full charge, the WU10 wireless adapter and battery pack can deliver enough power to scan hundreds of images, allowing for outstanding mobile functionality and flexibility.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. AirPrint is a trademark of Apple Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
1 The imageCLASS MF8580Cdw MFP is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 and up.
2 Requires Canon Mobile Printing app available free on the Apple App Store. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad 2, and the original iPad running iOS 6.0.1 - 6.1.2. Supports Android OS 2.3.3 - 4.2.2.
3 During imageCLASS device discovery, user may be prompted to update device firmware depending on the purchase date of the unit. The firmware can be found by going to usa.canon.com/support and searching your model under "Drivers & Software". For update instructions, see the document bundled into the firmware download. The app supports devices running iOS 5.1 or later and is available for the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, the New iPad (4th Generation), iPad (3rd Generation), iPad 2, the original iPad and the iPad Mini.
4 Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
5 AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
6 Print speeds are based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected as well as on the settings for size, type, and orientation of paper.
7 The imageCLASS MF6160dw MFP is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 & up
8 Mac OS 10.5.8 to 10.9
9 U-Turn Path: Width: 2.0" - 8.5" Length: 2.8" - 14.0", Straight Path: Width: 2.0" - 8.5" Length: 2.1" - 14.0", Long Doc. Mode: Up to 118.1", Document Weight: U-Turn Path: 14 - 32 lb. Bond, Straight Path: 13 - 56 lb. Bond
10 Mac OS 10.5.8 to 10.9 (P-215) Mac OS 10.6 to 10.9 (P-208)
11 Compatible with iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch (3rd generation or later), iPod touch (4th generation or later), and iPad devices. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
12 P-Series scanner sold separately from WU10.
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Jan. 31, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,901
There is no doubt that Big Data is here and getting bigger every day. Building a Big Data infrastructure today is no easy task. There are an enormous number of choices for database engines and technologies. To make things even more challenging, requirements are getting more sophisticated, and the standard paradigm of supporting historical analytics queries is often just one facet of what is needed. As Big Data growth continues, organizations are demanding real-time access to data, allowing immediate and actionable interpretation of events as they happen. Another aspect concerns how to deliver ...
Jan. 31, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 3,496
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Jan. 31, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,096
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Jan. 31, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 8,090
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial Cloud.
Jan. 31, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,948
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, addressed the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. Rodney Rogers, chairman and CEO of Virtustream; Brendan O'Brien, co-founder of Aria Systems, Bart Copeland, president and CEO of ActiveState Software; Jim Cowie, chief scientist at Dyn; Dave Wagstaff, VP and chief architect at BSQUARE Corporation; Seth Proctor, CTO of NuoDB, Inc.; and Andris Gailitis, C...
Jan. 31, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,844
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happens, where data lives and where the interface lies. For instance, it's a mix of architectural styles ...
Jan. 31, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,095
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, data security and privacy.
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 2,883
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the real benefits to focus on, how to understand the requirements of a successful solution, the flow of ...
Jan. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EST Reads: 3,156
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Jan. 30, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 3,538
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,720
Performance is the intersection of power, agility, control, and choice. If you value performance, and more specifically consistent performance, you need to look beyond simple virtualized compute. Many factors need to be considered to create a truly performant environment. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, discussed how to take advantage of a multitude of compute options and platform features to make cloud the cornerstone of your online presence.
Jan. 30, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,248
In this Women in Technology Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing at Verizon Enterprise, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO at MetraTech; Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance Strategy Leader at Cisco Systems; Seema Jethani, Director of Product Management at Basho Technologies; Victoria Livschitz, CEO of Qubell Inc.; Anne Hungate, Senior Director of Software Quality at DIRECTV, discussed what path they took to find their spot within the technology industry and how do they see opportunities for other women in their area of expertise.
Jan. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,387
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Jan. 30, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,631
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of presentation. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Jocelyn Scheirer, CEO & Founder of Bionolux, will discuss ho...
Jan. 30, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,031
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Jan. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 4,141
“With easy-to-use SDKs for Atmel’s platforms, IoT developers can now reap the benefits of realtime communication, and bypass the security pitfalls and configuration complexities that put IoT deployments at risk,” said Todd Greene, founder & CEO of PubNub. PubNub will team with Atmel at CES 2015 to launch full SDK support for Atmel’s MCU, MPU, and Wireless SoC platforms. Atmel developers now have access to PubNub’s secure Publish/Subscribe messaging with guaranteed ¼ second latencies across PubNub’s 14 global points-of-presence. PubNub delivers secure communication through firewalls, proxy ser...
Jan. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,744
We’re no longer looking to the future for the IoT wave. It’s no longer a distant dream but a reality that has arrived. It’s now time to make sure the industry is in alignment to meet the IoT growing pains – cooperate and collaborate as well as innovate. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, will examine the key ingredients to IoT success and identify solutions to challenges the industry is facing. The deep industry expertise behind this presentation will provide attendees with a leading edge view of rapidly emerging IoT oppor...
Jan. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,932
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective storage designed to handle the massive surge in back-end data in a world where timely analytics is e...
Jan. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,695
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 3,642