|By Business Wire||
|March 27, 2014 09:39 AM EDT||
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will be showcasing a number of its imageCLASS multifunction printers and imageFORMULA document scanners at Macworld/iWorld 2014 on March 27 – 29, at the Moscone Center – North Hall in San Francisco, California. Demonstrating the value Canon solutions can bring to select Apple® users, from operational speed, to mobility, to connectivity and outstanding output, visitors to the Canon booth (#318) will learn how they can integrate select imageCLASS and imageFORMULA devices into their document workflows. Along with its solutions presence, Canon will be sponsoring the registration area at Macworld/iWorld 2014.
Canon products on display this year include:
- Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw Multifunction Printer: Great for those in need of an all-in-one wireless printer that delivers outstanding color output and connectivity, the Canon Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw MFP is compatible with select Mac® devices1 and can interact with a variety of mobile applications, including the free Canon Mobile Printing2 app and the Canon Mobile Scanning for Business3 app. The Canon Mobile Printing and Canon Mobile Scanning for Business apps are available for download from the App StoreSM and allow users to print from and scan to compatible iPad® or iPhone® devices.4 Adding to its connectivity capabilities, the MF8580Cdw MFP is also compatible with Apple AirPrintTM.5 With the Apple AirPrint feature, users can wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages and documents from their compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch® devices. The MF8580Cdw MFP leverages outstanding color imaging technologies built in to the device to help ensure printed materials are crisp and vibrant while it outputs professional documents at speeds of up to approximately 21 pages-per-minute6 in both color and black and white.
- imageCLASS MF6160dw Multifunction Printer: Combining print, copy, scan and fax needs into one compact device, the imageCLASS MF6160dw MFP provides select Mac7 users with an expansive feature set to help boost productivity in small to medium sized offices. Included in this feature set is a broad range of mobile capabilities such as the compatibility with the Canon Mobile Printing app2 and the Canon Mobile Scanning for Business app.3 Also included in this feature set is compatibility with Apple AirPrint,5 which allows users to wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages and documents from select iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch devices. The MF6160dw MFP is also equipped with “Send” technology, which gives users the ability to send scanned documents and forward received faxes to a recipient through email or a file server to help improve office workflows. Additionally, a high capacity cartridge is available as a replacement consumable so users can also enjoy a lower cost per page as compared to the standard cartridge.
- imageFORMULA DR-C125 Office Document Scanner: The DR-C125 scanner is great for use by individuals or small workgroups to help them modernize paper-based processes, helping increase efficiency and productivity. Compatible with select Mac operating systems,8 it includes Full Auto Mode, which adjusts multiple feature settings to easily deliver an outstanding scanned image. Slim and narrow, the DR-C125 scanner can handle a variety of items, including thick or thin documents, long or oversized documents, and wallet-sized plastic or embossed cards.9
- imageFORMULA P-208 and P-215 Scan-tini Personal Document Scanners: The P-208 and P-215 scanners are outstanding for home, office, and mobile users. They provide general purpose scanning of various items, including business cards, receipts, photographs, reports, plastic ID cards or driver licenses. Slim and lightweight for easy portability and device sharing, these scanners can help improve personal efficiency, organization and productivity. Compatible with select Mac devices,10 the P-208 and P-215 scanners let users “Plug-and-Scan,” without installing drivers or applications, and can send scanned images directly to select cloud applications. The P-215 scanner also comes with a built-in card reader. Additionally, when combined with the optional WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack and free downloadable Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app, both the P-208 and P-215 scanners are compatible with select iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices.11
- WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack: The WU10 wireless adapter and battery pack can easily attach to the imageFORMULA Scan-tini (P-215 and P-208) mobile document scanners,12 creating a wireless connection to select Mac and iOS computing devices, helping to reduce cable clutter and helping to facilitate sharing among small groups of users. On a full charge, the WU10 wireless adapter and battery pack can deliver enough power to scan hundreds of images, allowing for outstanding mobile functionality and flexibility.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. AirPrint is a trademark of Apple Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
1 The imageCLASS MF8580Cdw MFP is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 and up.
2 Requires Canon Mobile Printing app available free on the Apple App Store. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad 2, and the original iPad running iOS 6.0.1 - 6.1.2. Supports Android OS 2.3.3 - 4.2.2.
3 During imageCLASS device discovery, user may be prompted to update device firmware depending on the purchase date of the unit. The firmware can be found by going to usa.canon.com/support and searching your model under "Drivers & Software". For update instructions, see the document bundled into the firmware download. The app supports devices running iOS 5.1 or later and is available for the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, the New iPad (4th Generation), iPad (3rd Generation), iPad 2, the original iPad and the iPad Mini.
4 Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
5 AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
6 Print speeds are based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected as well as on the settings for size, type, and orientation of paper.
7 The imageCLASS MF6160dw MFP is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 & up
8 Mac OS 10.5.8 to 10.9
9 U-Turn Path: Width: 2.0" - 8.5" Length: 2.8" - 14.0", Straight Path: Width: 2.0" - 8.5" Length: 2.1" - 14.0", Long Doc. Mode: Up to 118.1", Document Weight: U-Turn Path: 14 - 32 lb. Bond, Straight Path: 13 - 56 lb. Bond
10 Mac OS 10.5.8 to 10.9 (P-215) Mac OS 10.6 to 10.9 (P-208)
11 Compatible with iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch (3rd generation or later), iPod touch (4th generation or later), and iPad devices. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
12 P-Series scanner sold separately from WU10.
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of streaming data in the cloud with an enterprise grade SLA. It features built-in integration with Azur...
Oct. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 698
As enterprises capture more and more data of all types – structured, semi-structured, and unstructured – data discovery requirements for business intelligence (BI), Big Data, and predictive analytics initiatives grow more complex. A company’s ability to become data-driven and compete on analytics depends on the speed with which it can provision their analytics applications with all relevant information. The task of finding data has traditionally resided with IT, but now organizations increasingly turn towards data source discovery tools to find the right data, in context, for business users, d...
Oct. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 351
Apps and devices shouldn't stop working when there's limited or no network connectivity. Learn how to bring data stored in a cloud database to the edge of the network (and back again) whenever an Internet connection is available. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud Data Services, will demonstrate techniques for replicating cloud databases with devices in order to build offline-first mobile or Internet of Things (IoT) apps that can provide a better, faster user experience, both offline and online. The focus of this talk will be on IBM Cloudant, Apa...
Oct. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 338
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 4, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 347
“The Internet of Things transforms the way organizations leverage machine data and gain insights from it,” noted Splunk’s CTO Snehal Antani, as Splunk announced accelerated momentum in Industrial Data and the IoT. The trend is driven by Splunk’s continued investment in its products and partner ecosystem as well as the creativity of customers and the flexibility to deploy Splunk IoT solutions as software, cloud services or in a hybrid environment. Customers are using Splunk® solutions to collect and correlate data from control systems, sensors, mobile devices and IT systems for a variety of Ind...
Oct. 4, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 550
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud without worrying about any lock-in fears. In fact by having standard APIs for IaaS would help PaaS expl...
Oct. 4, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 368
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Oct. 4, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 541
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 4, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 151
Organizations already struggle with the simple collection of data resulting from the proliferation of IoT, lacking the right infrastructure to manage it. They can't only rely on the cloud to collect and utilize this data because many applications still require dedicated infrastructure for security, redundancy, performance, etc. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Emil Sayegh, CEO of Codero Hosting, will discuss how in order to resolve the inherent issues, companies need to combine dedicated and cloud solutions through hybrid hosting – a sustainable solution for the data required to manage I...
Oct. 4, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 380
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobile software company with over 150 developers, designers, quality assurance engineers, project manage...
Oct. 4, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 661
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 4, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 324
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Raxak has been named “Media & Session Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Raxak Protect automates security compliance across private and public clouds. Using the SaaS tool or managed service, developers can deploy cloud apps quickly, cost-effectively, and without error.
Oct. 3, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 570
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 3, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 651
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 495
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless Thingies, will discuss and demonstrate how devices and humans can be integrated from a simple clust...
Oct. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 591
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, will discuss the impact of technology on identity. Should we federate, or not? How should identity be secured? Who owns the identity? How is identity ...
Oct. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 396
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgeniakhela will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgeniakhela is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between Personal and Professional Social, Mobile and Cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dramatically improve productivity, reduce collaboration costs, and increase the overall enterprise value by bringing ...
Oct. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 537
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, will show how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He will use a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors to web services, and cloud integration to connect accounting and data, providing a Bluetooth...
Oct. 2, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 337
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer,...
Oct. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 554
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 1, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 397