|By Business Wire||
|March 27, 2014 09:39 AM EDT||
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will be showcasing a number of its imageCLASS multifunction printers and imageFORMULA document scanners at Macworld/iWorld 2014 on March 27 – 29, at the Moscone Center – North Hall in San Francisco, California. Demonstrating the value Canon solutions can bring to select Apple® users, from operational speed, to mobility, to connectivity and outstanding output, visitors to the Canon booth (#318) will learn how they can integrate select imageCLASS and imageFORMULA devices into their document workflows. Along with its solutions presence, Canon will be sponsoring the registration area at Macworld/iWorld 2014.
Canon products on display this year include:
- Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw Multifunction Printer: Great for those in need of an all-in-one wireless printer that delivers outstanding color output and connectivity, the Canon Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw MFP is compatible with select Mac® devices1 and can interact with a variety of mobile applications, including the free Canon Mobile Printing2 app and the Canon Mobile Scanning for Business3 app. The Canon Mobile Printing and Canon Mobile Scanning for Business apps are available for download from the App StoreSM and allow users to print from and scan to compatible iPad® or iPhone® devices.4 Adding to its connectivity capabilities, the MF8580Cdw MFP is also compatible with Apple AirPrintTM.5 With the Apple AirPrint feature, users can wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages and documents from their compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch® devices. The MF8580Cdw MFP leverages outstanding color imaging technologies built in to the device to help ensure printed materials are crisp and vibrant while it outputs professional documents at speeds of up to approximately 21 pages-per-minute6 in both color and black and white.
- imageCLASS MF6160dw Multifunction Printer: Combining print, copy, scan and fax needs into one compact device, the imageCLASS MF6160dw MFP provides select Mac7 users with an expansive feature set to help boost productivity in small to medium sized offices. Included in this feature set is a broad range of mobile capabilities such as the compatibility with the Canon Mobile Printing app2 and the Canon Mobile Scanning for Business app.3 Also included in this feature set is compatibility with Apple AirPrint,5 which allows users to wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages and documents from select iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch devices. The MF6160dw MFP is also equipped with “Send” technology, which gives users the ability to send scanned documents and forward received faxes to a recipient through email or a file server to help improve office workflows. Additionally, a high capacity cartridge is available as a replacement consumable so users can also enjoy a lower cost per page as compared to the standard cartridge.
- imageFORMULA DR-C125 Office Document Scanner: The DR-C125 scanner is great for use by individuals or small workgroups to help them modernize paper-based processes, helping increase efficiency and productivity. Compatible with select Mac operating systems,8 it includes Full Auto Mode, which adjusts multiple feature settings to easily deliver an outstanding scanned image. Slim and narrow, the DR-C125 scanner can handle a variety of items, including thick or thin documents, long or oversized documents, and wallet-sized plastic or embossed cards.9
- imageFORMULA P-208 and P-215 Scan-tini Personal Document Scanners: The P-208 and P-215 scanners are outstanding for home, office, and mobile users. They provide general purpose scanning of various items, including business cards, receipts, photographs, reports, plastic ID cards or driver licenses. Slim and lightweight for easy portability and device sharing, these scanners can help improve personal efficiency, organization and productivity. Compatible with select Mac devices,10 the P-208 and P-215 scanners let users “Plug-and-Scan,” without installing drivers or applications, and can send scanned images directly to select cloud applications. The P-215 scanner also comes with a built-in card reader. Additionally, when combined with the optional WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack and free downloadable Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app, both the P-208 and P-215 scanners are compatible with select iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices.11
- WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack: The WU10 wireless adapter and battery pack can easily attach to the imageFORMULA Scan-tini (P-215 and P-208) mobile document scanners,12 creating a wireless connection to select Mac and iOS computing devices, helping to reduce cable clutter and helping to facilitate sharing among small groups of users. On a full charge, the WU10 wireless adapter and battery pack can deliver enough power to scan hundreds of images, allowing for outstanding mobile functionality and flexibility.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. AirPrint is a trademark of Apple Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
1 The imageCLASS MF8580Cdw MFP is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 and up.
2 Requires Canon Mobile Printing app available free on the Apple App Store. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad 2, and the original iPad running iOS 6.0.1 - 6.1.2. Supports Android OS 2.3.3 - 4.2.2.
3 During imageCLASS device discovery, user may be prompted to update device firmware depending on the purchase date of the unit. The firmware can be found by going to usa.canon.com/support and searching your model under "Drivers & Software". For update instructions, see the document bundled into the firmware download. The app supports devices running iOS 5.1 or later and is available for the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, the New iPad (4th Generation), iPad (3rd Generation), iPad 2, the original iPad and the iPad Mini.
4 Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
5 AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
6 Print speeds are based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected as well as on the settings for size, type, and orientation of paper.
7 The imageCLASS MF6160dw MFP is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 & up
8 Mac OS 10.5.8 to 10.9
9 U-Turn Path: Width: 2.0" - 8.5" Length: 2.8" - 14.0", Straight Path: Width: 2.0" - 8.5" Length: 2.1" - 14.0", Long Doc. Mode: Up to 118.1", Document Weight: U-Turn Path: 14 - 32 lb. Bond, Straight Path: 13 - 56 lb. Bond
10 Mac OS 10.5.8 to 10.9 (P-215) Mac OS 10.6 to 10.9 (P-208)
11 Compatible with iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch (3rd generation or later), iPod touch (4th generation or later), and iPad devices. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
12 P-Series scanner sold separately from WU10.
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 8, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 129
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 8, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 8, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 573
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 8, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 375
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 8, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 356
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 8, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 142
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 8, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 383
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 8, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 157
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 354
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 739
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 796
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 2, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 417
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Feb. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 860
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless...
Feb. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 951
The IoT's basic concept of collecting data from as many sources possible to drive better decision making, create process innovation and realize additional revenue has been in use at large enterprises with deep pockets for decades. So what has changed? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Prasanna Sivaramakrishnan, Solutions Architect at Red Hat, discussed the impact commodity hardware, ubiquitous connectivity, and innovations in open source software are having on the connected universe of people, thi...
Jan. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 737
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Jan. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,157
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, showed how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants received the download information, scripts, and complete end-t...
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,231
For manufacturers, the Internet of Things (IoT) represents a jumping-off point for innovation, jobs, and revenue creation. But to adequately seize the opportunity, manufacturers must design devices that are interconnected, can continually sense their environment and process huge amounts of data. As a first step, manufacturers must embrace a new product development ecosystem in order to support these products.
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 821
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, discussed how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the dat...
Jan. 30, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 798
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Jan. 30, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,282