|By Business Wire||
|March 27, 2014 09:39 AM EDT||
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will be showcasing a number of its imageCLASS multifunction printers and imageFORMULA document scanners at Macworld/iWorld 2014 on March 27 – 29, at the Moscone Center – North Hall in San Francisco, California. Demonstrating the value Canon solutions can bring to select Apple® users, from operational speed, to mobility, to connectivity and outstanding output, visitors to the Canon booth (#318) will learn how they can integrate select imageCLASS and imageFORMULA devices into their document workflows. Along with its solutions presence, Canon will be sponsoring the registration area at Macworld/iWorld 2014.
Canon products on display this year include:
- Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw Multifunction Printer: Great for those in need of an all-in-one wireless printer that delivers outstanding color output and connectivity, the Canon Color imageCLASS MF8580Cdw MFP is compatible with select Mac® devices1 and can interact with a variety of mobile applications, including the free Canon Mobile Printing2 app and the Canon Mobile Scanning for Business3 app. The Canon Mobile Printing and Canon Mobile Scanning for Business apps are available for download from the App StoreSM and allow users to print from and scan to compatible iPad® or iPhone® devices.4 Adding to its connectivity capabilities, the MF8580Cdw MFP is also compatible with Apple AirPrintTM.5 With the Apple AirPrint feature, users can wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages and documents from their compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch® devices. The MF8580Cdw MFP leverages outstanding color imaging technologies built in to the device to help ensure printed materials are crisp and vibrant while it outputs professional documents at speeds of up to approximately 21 pages-per-minute6 in both color and black and white.
- imageCLASS MF6160dw Multifunction Printer: Combining print, copy, scan and fax needs into one compact device, the imageCLASS MF6160dw MFP provides select Mac7 users with an expansive feature set to help boost productivity in small to medium sized offices. Included in this feature set is a broad range of mobile capabilities such as the compatibility with the Canon Mobile Printing app2 and the Canon Mobile Scanning for Business app.3 Also included in this feature set is compatibility with Apple AirPrint,5 which allows users to wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages and documents from select iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch devices. The MF6160dw MFP is also equipped with “Send” technology, which gives users the ability to send scanned documents and forward received faxes to a recipient through email or a file server to help improve office workflows. Additionally, a high capacity cartridge is available as a replacement consumable so users can also enjoy a lower cost per page as compared to the standard cartridge.
- imageFORMULA DR-C125 Office Document Scanner: The DR-C125 scanner is great for use by individuals or small workgroups to help them modernize paper-based processes, helping increase efficiency and productivity. Compatible with select Mac operating systems,8 it includes Full Auto Mode, which adjusts multiple feature settings to easily deliver an outstanding scanned image. Slim and narrow, the DR-C125 scanner can handle a variety of items, including thick or thin documents, long or oversized documents, and wallet-sized plastic or embossed cards.9
- imageFORMULA P-208 and P-215 Scan-tini Personal Document Scanners: The P-208 and P-215 scanners are outstanding for home, office, and mobile users. They provide general purpose scanning of various items, including business cards, receipts, photographs, reports, plastic ID cards or driver licenses. Slim and lightweight for easy portability and device sharing, these scanners can help improve personal efficiency, organization and productivity. Compatible with select Mac devices,10 the P-208 and P-215 scanners let users “Plug-and-Scan,” without installing drivers or applications, and can send scanned images directly to select cloud applications. The P-215 scanner also comes with a built-in card reader. Additionally, when combined with the optional WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack and free downloadable Canon CaptureOnTouch Mobile app, both the P-208 and P-215 scanners are compatible with select iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices.11
- WU10 Wireless Adapter and Battery Pack: The WU10 wireless adapter and battery pack can easily attach to the imageFORMULA Scan-tini (P-215 and P-208) mobile document scanners,12 creating a wireless connection to select Mac and iOS computing devices, helping to reduce cable clutter and helping to facilitate sharing among small groups of users. On a full charge, the WU10 wireless adapter and battery pack can deliver enough power to scan hundreds of images, allowing for outstanding mobile functionality and flexibility.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. AirPrint is a trademark of Apple Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
1 The imageCLASS MF8580Cdw MFP is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 and up.
2 Requires Canon Mobile Printing app available free on the Apple App Store. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad mini, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad 2, and the original iPad running iOS 6.0.1 - 6.1.2. Supports Android OS 2.3.3 - 4.2.2.
3 During imageCLASS device discovery, user may be prompted to update device firmware depending on the purchase date of the unit. The firmware can be found by going to usa.canon.com/support and searching your model under "Drivers & Software". For update instructions, see the document bundled into the firmware download. The app supports devices running iOS 5.1 or later and is available for the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, the New iPad (4th Generation), iPad (3rd Generation), iPad 2, the original iPad and the iPad Mini.
4 Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
5 AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPad Mini, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
6 Print speeds are based on internal testing. Print speed may vary depending on the number of copies selected as well as on the settings for size, type, and orientation of paper.
7 The imageCLASS MF6160dw MFP is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5.8 & up
8 Mac OS 10.5.8 to 10.9
9 U-Turn Path: Width: 2.0" - 8.5" Length: 2.8" - 14.0", Straight Path: Width: 2.0" - 8.5" Length: 2.1" - 14.0", Long Doc. Mode: Up to 118.1", Document Weight: U-Turn Path: 14 - 32 lb. Bond, Straight Path: 13 - 56 lb. Bond
10 Mac OS 10.5.8 to 10.9 (P-215) Mac OS 10.6 to 10.9 (P-208)
11 Compatible with iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch (3rd generation or later), iPod touch (4th generation or later), and iPad devices. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
12 P-Series scanner sold separately from WU10.
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,591
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,504
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,093
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,308
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,423
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 802
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 6, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 664
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,077
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 6, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,526
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 6, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,347
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
May. 6, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,431
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
May. 6, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,449
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 6, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,276
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 6, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,496
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 5, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,387
A critical component of any IoT project is the back-end systems that capture data from remote IoT devices and structure it in a way to answer useful questions. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle large data sets, but they are not well suited to many IoT-scale products and the need for real-time insights. At Fuze, we have developed a backend platform as part of our mobility-oriented cloud service that uses Big Data-based approache...
May. 5, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 808
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 5, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 781
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,353
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,380
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,668