|By RealWire News Distribution||
|March 26, 2014 01:24 AM EDT||
Delivered by Certified Partners or Flexera Software, new managed services provide organisations new outsourced options to help reduce software spend and ensure continual licence compliance
Maidenhead, UK - March 25, 2014 Flexera Software, the leading provider of Application Usage Management solutions for application producers and enterprises, announced today a new global initiative for providing Software Licence Optimisation managed services delivered through an extensive partner network or via Flexera Software's own professional services team.
"Our Managed Services partners include the best and brightest in the Software Licence Optimisation space who deliver tremendous value to their clients," said Tim Boudreau, Vice President of Strategic Alliances at Flexera Software. "This new services offering, combined with our market-leading technology, ensures that organisations everywhere, regardless of their size or location, have practical new options to reign in software spending and achieve continual licence compliance."
"Our clients rely on our experience to assist them in developing processes to manage and monitor their software licence agreements, and they expect us to leverage leading technologies like FlexNet Manager Suite to achieve this end," said Mike Adams, Director KPMG, LLP Advisory Services. "We are happy to work with Flexera Software and leverage their leading technology to deliver results."
"Crayon Oy provides a wide range of managed services, including Software Licence Optimisation services for organisations seeking to maximise their return on investment in enterprise software licences," said Mika Helaskoski, Managing Director at Crayon Oy. "Our partnership with Flexera Software provides us access to the optimisation tools we need to help ensure that our clients are buying only the software they need, and using what they have."
The Managed Service Provider initiative includes a comprehensive set of IT asset management and licence optimisation services across three service levels: inventory and data normalisation, compliance, and optimisation. The managed services will be based upon Flexera Software's market leading FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises technology - available either on-premises or on-demand (SaaS - in the cloud).
The new Software Licence Optimisation Managed Services can be provided at three different levels depending on the needs of the organisation:
- IT Asset Inventory and Data Normalisation Managed Service - This entry-level, basic managed service will assist organisations with visibility and control of hardware assets and software installs across their IT environment.
- Compliance Managed Service - This includes the Inventory Service component plus the general management of commercial software products with more than 10 installs. Licences will be managed to provide visibility into an organisation's 'purchased licences versus installed software' licence compliance position.
- Optimisation Managed Service - This includes Inventory Service and Compliance Service components plus software licence optimisation for key vendors such as Microsoft, Adobe, IBM, Oracle, SAP and Symantec. Optimisation involves a further level of licence management that takes into account software installations and usage reconciled against the specific provisions (Product Use Rights) contained in the licence agreement. Software asset management teams that optimise their software estates can expect to garner the highest return on investment while reducing ongoing costs for software.
"Enterprises increasingly understand that effective management of their software estate can result in significant benefits, but many prefer to secure external resources and expertise to implement and effectively manage the process," commented Richard Northing, Senior Vice President of Products & Services at Flexera Software. "These organisations can now leverage the extensive licence management expertise of Flexera Software's partner network and our own consulting services team to realise substantial returns on their software asset management programme investment."
- ### -
FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises includes the following components:
- FlexNet Manager Platform
- FlexNet Manager for Microsoft
- FlexNet Manager for Adobe
- FlexNet Manager for IBM
- FlexNet Manager for Oracle
- FlexNet Manager for Symantec
- FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications
- FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications
- Workflow Manager
- Read our Blog on Software Licence Optimisation
- FlexNet Manager Suite Success Stories
- Related Flexera Software Webinars
- Software Licence Optimisation White Papers
Follow Flexera Software…
About Flexera Software
Flexera Software helps application producers and enterprises increase application usage and the value they derive from their software. Our Application Usage Management solutions are essential to ensure continuous licensing compliance, optimised software investments and to future-proof businesses against the risks and costs of constantly changing technology. Over 80,000 customers turn to Flexera Software as a trusted and neutral source for the knowledge and expertise we have gained as the marketplace leader in licensing, installation and compliance for over 20 years and for the automation and intelligence designed into our products. For more information, please go to: www.flexerasoftware.com.
For more information, contact:
Vidushi Patel / Nicola Males
T: +44 7958 474 632 / +44 7976 652491
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- Misconceptions Around App Testing in the Private Cloud
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar