|By ACN Newswire||
|March 21, 2014 03:57 AM EDT||
|CITIC Telecom's Internet Data Center (IDC) in Ap Lei Chau, Hong Kong,|
The IDC in Ap Lei Chau has approximately 40,000 square feet of gross floor area ("GFA"), providing approximately 700 rack spaces. The Ap Lei Chau Data Centre is built with high level of standard fulfilling TIA Tier III+ specification to meet stringent customer requirements with internationally certified reliability and security. In addition to data center services, customers can also utilise other value-added services provided by the Group, including highly efficient connectivity, mobile services and cloud computing services. The Group's strategy of solid business partnerships is one of the key elements in extending the reach of its "quality service". CITIC Telecom is committed to providing ideal data center solutions in collaboration with leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions providers in order for customers to access data quickly, conveniently and efficiently.
Mr. Xin Yue Jiang, Chairman of CITIC Telecom said, "We are very pleased to announce the completion of our data center in Ap Lei Chau, representing a milestone in the data center business development of CITIC Telecom. The Ap Lei Chau data center will complement the CITIC Telecom Tower located in Kwai Chung, further enriching the Group's portfolio of data center products, and boosting the Group's competitiveness in the data center market in Hong Kong. The Group is also glad to form partnership with leading global ICT solutions provider, Huawei, and completed the construction project on time with high quality. The Group will continue its strategic initiatives in striving to develop new data centers in China as well as Hong Kong and Macau to capture market opportunities. The data centers will forge an industry chain and create synergies with the Group's existing hubbing, cloud computing and data service businesses. The extended chain would enable the Group to offer one-stop services to customers, advancing the Group's competitive advantages in the data center market."
"Huawei is glad that the internet data center was successfully completed for CITIC Telecom that strengthens our close strategic partnership. CITIC IDC project in Ap Lei Chau for Huawei not only steps a significant move into competitive Hong Kong IDC center market, gives an opportunity to expand our reach in the global IDC development field, and also draws on our expertise in the industry to deliver a world-class facility." said Mr.Zhang Zhenjun, General Manager, Huawei Hong Kong Representative Office.
CITIC Telecom's new IDC is designed based upon TIA-942 and Uptime Institute Tier III+ standards. The IDC deploys high-availability architecture in its core systems and uses two-way AC (Alternating Current) as the main power supply, ensuring a high level of usability for data operation. For energy saving purpose, the IDC incorporates airflow separation, and employs energy-efficient air-conditioning, power distribution equipment and lighting systems, which reduces the IDC's PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness) value in operation. The IDC also adopts a foundational infrastructure management system with high-level of automation and intellectualization that achieves industry-leading standards.
Huawei is an APAC founding member of the Uptime Institute, the global data center authority, with Uptime Institute certified ATD, ATS and construction professionals. The company provides planning, design, implementation and maintenance services for over 300 data centers for global clients. Through close cooperation with local consultancies, Huawei combined significant industry experience and expertise in IDC project-management in Hong Kong, along with best practices from hundreds of global projects, to ensure the CITIC Telecom's IDC in Ap Lei Chau offers world-class quality and was completed on time.
About CITIC Telecom International Holdings Limited
CITIC Telecom is one of Asia's reputable hub-based service providers. It owns and operates a telecoms hub which serves its key markets in China and Hong Kong. The Group is actively expanding its business internationally by providing interoperability and interconnection services to global telecoms operators. CITIC Telecom's main businesses cover Voice Services, SMS Services, Mobile VAS and Data Services. It also provides a full range of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) solutions through its wholly-owned subsidiary, CITIC Telecom International CPC Limited, across the Asia Pacific region. In addition, CITIC Telecom holds 99% interest in Companhia de Telecomunicacoes de Macau, S.A.R.L. ("CTM"), one of Macau's leading integrated telecoms services provider. Additional news and information about the company is available at www.citictel.com
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population. For more information, visit Huawei online: www.huawei.com.
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/huaweipress and on
Source: CITIC Telecom International Holdings Limited
CITIC Telecom Strategic Financial Relations Limited Keris Leung Tel: +852 2864 4863 Email: [email protected] Lisa Dai Tel: +852 2864 4870 Email: [email protected] Huawei Fiona Cheuk Tel: +852 2125 3509 Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar