|By Marketwired .||
|March 20, 2014 08:01 AM EDT||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/20/14 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that Cloud Dynamics, a leader in software-defined cloud data centers, will deploy Juniper Networks® Contrail as the virtual network solution powering Cloud Dynamics CloudDC, a complete, end-to-end converged cloud infrastructure solution. By using Contrail, an important element of Juniper Networks MetaFabric architecture, to orchestrate its cloud data center solution, Cloud Dynamics will be able to quickly and securely deploy an open and best-in-class cloud environment, offering its customers cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) as a virtual enterprise or hybrid cloud.
With a razor sharp focus on providing organizations faster service delivery, greater IT agility and significant cost savings, Cloud Dynamics wanted to further extend the automation and orchestration capabilities within its CloudDC solution to include multi-vendor virtual and physical infrastructures in multi-cloud environments.
To achieve this goal, Cloud Dynamics embedded Juniper Networks Contrail, a network virtualization and intelligence solution into its migration, cloud service management portal and orchestration engine. With Contrail and other elements of the MetaFabric portfolio, this solution optimizes the network to simplify and accelerate deployment and delivery of applications within and across multiple data center locations. This enables Cloud Dynamics to deliver a simple, cost effective, yet reliable and programmatic OpenCloud solution.
- Contrail will provide Cloud Dynamics with an efficient way to connect the virtual environment with the physical network and provision underlying services, thus reducing the time, cost and risk for users when configuring the network.
- With Contrail, Cloud Dynamics will be able to offer faster service creation, highly agile IaaS hosting, and ultimate operational efficiencies through higher utilization of existing infrastructure.
- In conjunction with Juniper Networks QFX and EX Series switches, MX Series routers, SRX Series Services Gateway security solutions and Junos® Space Network Management Platform, Cloud Dynamics will leverage Contrail, as part of Juniper's MetaFabric architecture, to accelerate the deployment of services and applications securely within and across multiple data center locations.
- Contrail will enable Cloud Dynamics to offer IaaS hosting services across multiple data centers by seamlessly automating and orchestrating geographically distributed data center infrastructure, successfully achieving highly efficient convergence of discrete compute, storage and network resources.
- Contrail will also provide data center infrastructure federation capabilities that are required to enable cloud-based hosting of its private customers from the common CloudDC platform.
"The integration of Juniper Networks Contrail with our powerful CloudDC solution enables our customers to maximize service agility and deliver advanced network-as-a-service without compromising security and privacy. Contrail's API support and the ability to gather deep analytical information from across all aspects of the network enables Cloud Dynamics to optimize, automate and control the inter data center network."
-Vijai Karthigesu, chief operating officer, Cloud Dynamics
"Cloud Dynamics is a leading provider of cloud computing infrastructure, and is a company that recognizes the value that service agility, orchestration and network automation bring to our mutual customers. Juniper Networks is pleased to be working with Cloud Dynamics to provide our Contrail SDN solution and MetaFabric architecture as key enablers of the company's inter-connected cloud and data center evolution strategy."
-Ankur Singla, vice president and general manager of SDN, Juniper Networks
- Juniper.net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
+1 408 936-6438
May. 23, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,248
May. 23, 2015 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,240
May. 23, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,887
May. 23, 2015 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,724
May. 23, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,237
May. 22, 2015 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,919
May. 22, 2015 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,601
May. 22, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,115
May. 22, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,760
May. 22, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,598
May. 22, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,057
May. 22, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,715
May. 22, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,381
May. 22, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,121
May. 22, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,736
May. 22, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,785
May. 22, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,802
May. 22, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,061
May. 22, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,007
May. 22, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,281