|By RealWire News Distribution||
|February 20, 2014 01:18 AM EST||
Essential app business guide launches at Mobile World Congress 2014
- Apponomics—The Insider's Guide to a Billion Dollar App Business is authored by analyst and mobile authority Peggy Anne Salz in conjunction with leading independent mobile advertising company InMobi.
- Apponomics—The Insider's Guide to a Billion Dollar App Business is a free book that provides best practices and tips from established developers and industry experts to help app developers succeed in the competitive app marketplace.
- Apponomics—The Insider's Guide to a Billion Dollar App Business will be available on February 24, 2014, at the Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona, Spain, or by registering on the InMobi website for an electronic version.
COLOGNE, GERMANY - FEBRUARY 19, 2014 — Peggy Anne Salz, Gigaom Research mobile analyst and industry authority, today announced a new, free book to help developers improve their chances of success across all the stages of their app business. Apponomics - The Insider's Guide to a Billion Dollar App Business is produced in conjunction with InMobi, the world's largest independent mobile advertising company and will debut at the 2014 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, on February 24, 2014.
The comprehensive 300+ page guide draws from dozens of real world case studies, developer interviews, and in-depth research to help developers make the right choices at every stage of the app life-cycle. From app discovery and distribution to user acquisition, and from monetization and to lasting loyalty, Apponomics equips app developers with the practical advice and expert insights to compete — and win — in the competitive app marketplace.
Apponomics marks the first time InMobi has chosen to share its six years of invaluable insights on the app business, and is the second app book from Salz, who was also the lead author on The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps: A Practical Guide to Affordable Mobile App Development for Your Business (F+W Media Inc.).
"With mobile app downloads pegged to reach 269 billion in 2017, up from 102 billion in 2013, the market is massive, and the competition is tough, " Salz observes. "The interviews and insights featured in Apponomics - The Insider's Guide to a Billion Dollar App Business will equip app developers to meet the challenges head-on."
At InMobi, our customers range from large developer studios that make hundreds of millions of dollars annually, to much smaller app developers who fight for survival with minimal marketing resources," said Naveen Tewari, CEO, InMobi. "While mobile is universal and provides access to billions of app users, the dynamics of the app business changes significantly across countries. 'Apponomics' is our attempt to share the deep insights we have collected over the past six years to help developers navigate the complexities of the app world across the globe and find the success their apps deserve."
'Apponomics' is free and will be available on February 24, 2014, at the InMobi booth at Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona, Spain (Location 8.1, Booth B49) or by registering in advance for an electronic version on the InMobi website at www.inmobi.com/apponomics.
The future of your #mobile #app business is in the palm of your hand - #Apponomics will show you the way http://inmo.bi/1lYaPLa
Free book #Apponomics full of tips & best practices to help app developers create a billion dollar app biz. http://inmo.bi/1lYaPLa
The insider's guide to a billion dollar app biz #Apponomics. http://inmo.bi/1lYaPLa
Best read of 2014 for developers! http://inmo.bi/1lYaPLa
ABOUT APPONOMICS—THE INSIDER'S GUIDE TO A BILLION DOLLAR APP BUSINESS
Apponomics—The Insider's Guide to a Billion Dollar App Business draws from the vast experience of its author and the insights of app developers, key InMobi executives and companies across the mobile app ecosystem.
The roster of expert contributors includes: Anton Soeharyo, Touchten; Chien Ming Liang (Leon), Orange Nose Studio; Daniele Rati, Madbit Entertainment; GameVil; Harvey Elliott, Marmalade Technologies Ltd; Ippei Fukami, CyberZ; J2 Interactive; James Cooper, Soko Media (MobyAffiliates); Jonathan Cohen, Agency of Trillions; Matthaus Krzykowski, Xyo; Meeta & Dishant Shah, Eflashapps; Mickey McManus, MAYA Design; Norm Liang, Go Launcher; Peter Hamilton, Has Offers; Rajeev Nagpal, Tiny Co; Stefan Damasena, Alegrium; Storm 8; Sven Ossenbruggen, Xyrality; Toni Fingerroos, Fingersoft; Tony Pearce, gamesGRABR; Tyler Bell, Factual; and Yusuf Goolamabbas, Animoca.
It also owes to the expertise of InMobi through Abhishek Bapna, Anne Frisbie, Arun Pattabhiraman, Chris Davies, Ed Laws, Innu Nevatia, Jayesh Easwaramony, Jessie Yang, Julia Giona, Krishnendu (Krish) Majumdar, Mahak Sharma, Mike Cohen, Pankaj Bengani, Shrikant Latkar, Rohan Choudhray, Ryan Merket and Seungyeon Kim.
ABOUT PEGGY ANNE SALZ
Peggy Anne Salz (@peggyanne) is the founder and lead analyst at MobileGroove, a top 50 ranked influential destination, which produces and promotes custom research, strategic thought leadership and knowledge resources for the global mobile industry. Peggy is well known as the lead author of The Everything Guide to Mobile Apps: A Practical Guide to Affordable Mobile App Development for Your Business (F+W Media Inc.), a practical, crowd-sourced book providing businesses and developers with insights on how to make, monetize and market mobile apps. She has also authored four editions of the Netsize Guide, an annual mobile industry almanac, and edited and produced the Mobile Operator Guide 2013: The Evolution of Mobile Services: Challenges, Strategies, Opportunities and the SAP Mobile Commerce Guide 2013: Engage Customers & Build Loyalty In Developed And Emerging Markets. She is currently working on a number of projects including an educational resource to help marketers master the challenge of multichannel marketing. Peggy is also a Gigaom Research mobile analyst, where her focus is mobile loyalty, mobile messaging and mobile retail.
InMobi enables the world's leading brands, developers, and publishers to engage global consumers through mobile advertising. InMobi platforms leverage advances in big data, user behavior, and cloud-based architectures to simplify mobile advertising for its customers. Recognized by MIT Technology Review as one of the 50 Disruptive Companies of 2013, InMobi is the world's largest independent mobile ad network, engaging 759 million consumers across 165 countries. http://www.inmobi.com/
P 503.802.4408 /M 503.799.1988
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar