|By PR.com Newswire||
|February 14, 2014 08:54 AM EST||
Waukesha, WI, February 14, 2014 --(PR.com)-- Waukesha based Odyne Systems, LLC, a leading manufacturer of hybrid systems for medium and heavy duty work trucks, will be located in booth 4877 at the National Truck Equipment Association show March 5-7 in Indianapolis, IN, where it will feature a display of the major components of an Odyne hybrid system.
An Odyne plug in hybrid system lowers fuel consumption by up to 50%, reduces emissions and provides quieter operation at the work site. The Odyne system interfaces with Allison Transmission’s industry leading fully-automatic transmissions and uses a rugged Remy electric motor in parallel with the existing drivetrain to provide launch assist and regenerative braking. At the work site, the Odyne hybrid plug-in battery system, featuring Johnson Controls’ lithium-ion battery packs, powers typical work site applications with the engine off for a significantly longer time than other commercially available large truck hybrid systems.
Tuesday, March 4, 3:30 – 4:15 p.m.: 2013 Green Truck Award Success Story
Matt Jarmuz, Odyne's Director of Sales, and Dan Moody, Senior Governmental Compliance Specialist at ComEd, will present "Electrification of Accessory Loads — A Fleet Success Story" on Tuesday, March 4 at 3:30 - 4:15p.m. during the Green Truck Summit.
Wednesday, March 5, 10:00 – 10:45 a.m.: Data Collection Documenting Odyne System Advantages
Odyne President and CEO, Joe Dalum, will be presenting “Odyne’s Advanced Hybrid System for Trucks: New Technology and Benefits" on Wednesday, March 5, 10:00 – 10:45 at the Green Truck Summit. Join in the session to learn of the data collection from Odyne hybrid systems that is clearly capturing the benefits.
First Truck Being Delivered Under a $45 Million DOE Award to be at the Ride and Drive
Odyne Systems has been selected to participate in a $45.4 million U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) award to develop and deploy plug-in hybrid systems on over 120 trucks for investor owned utilities and municipal electric companies throughout North America in 2014. One of the first trucks being deployed in that program is expected to be at the Ride and Drive Wednesday and Thursday afternoon, March 5 and 6. Show attendees will have an opportunity to hear the quiet system, feel its great handling, and experience its performance. Visitors will have a second surprise reason to “Power Up” at the Odyne area at the Ride and Drive. Talk to the technical experts and learn about the significant emission reduction and fuel savings of these vehicles and the ease of maintaining power throughout a work shift and across shifts.
Joe Dalum, who has served as President of the Green Truck Association this year notes, “We’re looking forward to both the Green Truck Summit and the 2014 Work Truck Show as an opportunity to share how the Odyne hybrid system is evolving into new applications that reliably deliver improved performance for medium and heavy-duty work trucks. Odyne’s unique system helps reduce operating costs through higher efficiency, and depending on duty cycle, enables large trucks to obtain fuel economy improvements of up to 50% when compared to traditional diesel or gasoline engines. Odyne continues to be the only plug-in hybrid system on a medium or heavy duty truck to deliver greater fuel efficiency both while driving and at the work site.”
Odyne systems are modular and can be applied and retrofitted to a wide range of work truck chassis in various applications. Odyne systems are sold through a worldwide distribution network including Altec, DUECO and Terex Utilities. Odyne trucks are serviced through those organizations as well as Allison Transmission Distributors across North America.
Odyne is pleased to be a sponsor of the Green Truck Summit.
About Odyne Systems, LLC
Odyne is a leader in hybrid drive systems for medium and heavy-duty vehicles. Odyne’s advanced plug-in hybrid technology enables trucks over 14,000 pounds to have substantially lower fuel consumption, lower emissions, improved performance, quieter job site operation and reduced operating and maintenance costs. Odyne has fielded more plug-in hybrid trucks to fleets throughout the United States than any other supplier. The name Odyne represents the combination of “O” for Optimal and “dyne” for Force. The company sells its unique modular hybrid system for new and retrofit applications direct to truck manufacturers and through a global distribution and service network. For further information, visit us at www.odyne.com and follow us on Twitter @Odyne.
About Allison Transmission
Allison Transmission (NYSE: ALSN) is the world’s largest manufacturer of fully automatic transmissions for medium- and heavy-duty commercial vehicles and hybrid-propulsion systems for city buses. Allison transmissions are used in a variety of applications including refuse, construction, fire, distribution, bus, motorhomes, defense and energy. Founded in 1915, the company is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA and employs approximately 2,700 people worldwide. With a market presence in more than 80 countries, Allison has regional headquarters in the Netherlands, China and Brazil with manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Hungary and India. Allison also has approximately 1,400 independent distributor and dealer locations worldwide. For more information, visit allisontransmission.com.
Read the full story here: http://www.pr.com/press-release/542425
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- Misconceptions Around App Testing in the Private Cloud
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar