|By PR Newswire||
|February 14, 2014 12:00 AM EST||
TOKYO, Feb. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A group of non-Japanese residents in Chiba Prefecture has toured selected places in the prefecture as "CHI-BA+KUN Ambassadors," who report on the prefecture's points of interest such as tourism, cuisine, and culture through blogs, Facebook, and other social media.
After the tour, the participants reported their hands-on experience via social media, introducing Chiba on the web on the basis of their respective national and regional viewpoints in their native languages. You are welcome to read their reports that describe their impressions of the prefecture.
Outline of tour
- Date: Saturday, January 18, 2014
- No. of participants: 16 (college students and working adults from nine countries/regions)
Details of tour
- The tour began with a visit to the Hayashi Strawberry Farm in the town of Tonosho near Narita Airport, where the ambassadors could pick and eat as many sweet and large strawberries as they wished. The berries were so delicious that the 30-minute time limit seemed to go by very quickly. The farm is located at Ro-1120 Sasagawa, Tonosho Town, Katori County.
- The next destination was the Museum of Choshi Chijimi Traditional Handicraft, where fabrics are dyed indigo blue through a traditional method. The ambassadors had the hands-on experience of dyeing and making one-of-a-kind handkerchiefs. The address of the museum is 3-228 Matsukishi-cho, Choshi City.
- Lunch was served at Ichiyama Ikesu restaurant located at 7387-5 Kurohai-cho, Choshi City, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It consisted of sashimi, tempura and boiled/seasoned fish, all made from the fresh seafood that Choshi is famous for.
- The ambassadors then moved to Inubosaki Kanko Hotel, also in Choshi, for a very leisurely and relaxed experience, soaking in hot springs while enjoying the views of the Pacific and the Inubosaki lighthouse, the city's landmark. They said they felt rejuvenated after the warm bath. The hotel is located at 10293 Inubosaki, Choshi.
For more information on the activities of CHI-BA+KUN Ambassadors, please visit: http://www.pref.chiba.lg.jp/kokusai/english/information/residents/ambassadors.html
International Affairs Division
Chiba Prefectural Government
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Press and Public Relations Division, Chiba Prefectural Government
Aug. 24, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,525
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,827
Aug. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,076
Aug. 24, 2016 10:48 AM EDT Reads: 331
Aug. 24, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,242
Aug. 24, 2016 09:36 AM EDT Reads: 250
Aug. 24, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,494
Aug. 24, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,067
Aug. 24, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,652
Aug. 24, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,739
Aug. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,174
Aug. 24, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,926
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,404
Aug. 24, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,872
Aug. 24, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,588
Aug. 24, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,880
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,834
Aug. 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,224
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,991
Aug. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,759