|By PR Newswire||
|February 6, 2014 11:59 AM EST||
SPRINGDALE, Ark., Feb. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE:TSN ) one of the world's largest processors and marketers of chicken, beef and pork, is adding a new line of breakfast items to its product offerings with Tyson® Day Starts™ products. The line of frozen breakfast sandwiches offer protein-rich meals made with high quality ingredients like real cheeses, zesty vegetables, farm fresh eggs, and Tyson® proteins such as Tyson® sausage, ham and chicken. Day Starts™ breakfast varieties include biscuit sandwiches, breakfast flatbreads and wrapped omelets – ready to eat in less than two minutes – ideal for busy families who value a warm, delicious meal to start the day.
Tyson Foods has been a long-time leader in providing families with nutritious meal options and is always striving to introduce new products to meet consumer needs. Tyson® Day Starts™ sandwiches give families the quality foods consumers can expect from Tyson Foods, but now they can find them in the frozen breakfast aisle. Whether enjoying breakfast at home or on-the-go, Tyson® Day Starts™ products provide a convenient way to start the day with warm and savory breakfast sandwiches the whole family can enjoy.
"We value the feedback and input of our consumers and turned to breakfast eaters to understand what they are looking for at breakfast time. These insights revealed they want a breakfast they can heat quickly and take on-the-go," said Carolyn Rehbock, vice-president for insights and innovation at Tyson Foods. "Tyson Day Starts products provide consumers with a satisfying breakfast to fuel their day in a fast and easy-to-prepare way that fits their schedules."
Day Starts™ breakfast sandwich options range from a classic sausage, egg and cheese biscuit to a twist on breakfast staples, like wrapped cheese omelets or bacon, egg and cheese flatbread sandwiches. Not only is each sandwich packed with flavor, but the sandwiches are made with wholesome ingredients like fresh eggs, natural cheeses, all white meat Tyson® chicken, and have up to 27 grams of protein per serving.
In conjunction with the launch of Day Starts™, Tyson Foods is partnering with Florida Orange Juice to help spread the word about the importance of consuming a healthful morning meal. Rich in vitamin C and a good source of potassium, an 8-ounce glass of 100 percent Florida orange juice can help consumers take on the day as part of a delicious breakfast alongside Tyson® Day Starts™.
"Today's busy mornings call for quick and convenient breakfast solutions that are satisfying and energizing. A Tyson® Day Starts™ breakfast sandwich and a glass of Florida orange juice are a perfect pairing," says Doug Ackerman, executive director of the Florida Department of Citrus. "That's why we're pleased to partner with Tyson Foods to help remind Americans how delicious and easy it can be to get a healthy start each morning."
"Partnering with Florida Orange Juice allows us to deliver a stronger message promoting the importance of a well-rounded breakfast," agrees Rehbock.
Tyson® Day Starts™ breakfast sandwiches can be found in the freezer aisle at leading food retailers. For more information on Tyson® Day Starts™, visit www.tyson.com and find Tyson® Day Starts™ on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ Tyson-Day-Starts. Florida orange juice is available at food retailers nationwide. For more information about Florida Orange Juice, visit www.floridajuice.com and find Florida Orange Juice on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FloridaOrangeJuice.
Tyson® Day Starts™ breakfast sandwiches are available in seven varieties: Southern Style Chicken Biscuit; Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuit; Natural Colby and Monterey Jack Cheese Crispy Wrapped Omelet; Ham, Onion and Green Pepper Crispy Wrapped Omelet; Egg, Bacon and Colby Jack Cheese Flatbread; Egg, Sausage and Colby Jack Cheese Flatbread and Ham, Egg, Cheese, Onion and Green Pepper Flatbread.
About Tyson Foods, Inc.
Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN), with headquarters in Springdale, Arkansas, is one of the world's largest processors and marketers of chicken, beef and pork, the second-largest food production company in the Fortune 500 and a member of the S&P 500. The company was founded in 1935 by John W. Tyson, whose family has continued to be involved with son Don Tyson leading the company for many years and grandson John H. Tyson serving as the current Chairman of the Board of Directors. Tyson Foods produces a wide variety of protein-based and prepared food products and is the recognized market leader in the retail and foodservice markets it serves. The company provides products and services to customers throughout the United States and approximately 130 countries. It has approximately 115,000 Team Members employed at more than 400 facilities and offices in the United States and around the world. Through its Core Values, Code of Conduct and Team Member Bill of Rights, Tyson Foods strives to operate with integrity and trust and is committed to creating value for its shareholders, customers and Team Members. The company also strives to be faith-friendly, provide a safe work environment and serve as stewards of the animals, land and environment entrusted to it.
About the Florida Department of Citrus
The Florida Department of Citrus is an executive agency of Florida government charged with the marketing, research and regulation of the Florida citrus industry. Its activities are funded by a tax paid by growers on each box of citrus that moves through commercial channels. The industry employs nearly 76,000 people, provides an annual economic impact close to $9 billion to the state and contributes hundreds of millions of dollars in tax revenues that help support Florida's schools, roads and health care services. For more information about the Florida Department of Citrus, please visit http://floridajuice.com/.
The Florida Department of Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Agency. The Florida Department of Citrus prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities based on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital and family status (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).
Tyson Foods, Inc.
SOURCE Florida Department of Citrus
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar