|By PR Newswire||
|February 3, 2014 05:05 AM EST||
- Next new episode of MASTERCHEF CANADA features the first team challenge when the home cooks feed the Toronto Maple Leafs -
To tweet this alert: http://bit.ly/1fulU6u
TORONTO, Feb. 3, 2014 /CNW/ - At the conclusion of last night's episode of CTV's MASTERCHEF CANADA, Ben Miner, a stand-up comedian and satellite radio host from Ottawa and Meghan Toth, a stay-at-home mom from St. Catharines, Ont., were eliminated from the culinary competition series. The double elimination episode aired immediately following SUPER BOWL XLVIII on CTV last night.
After winning the Kraft Peanut Butter Mystery Box Challenge, Marida Mohammed had the upper hand heading in to the land, sea, and air-themed Elimination Challenge. Marida's prize was selecting the protein the rest of the home cooks would have to prepare and she chose Judge Alvin's smelts over Judge Michael's venison and Judge Claudio's fowl. Pino Di Cerbo won the Elimination Challenge and Ben, Meghan, Kaila Klassen, and Danny Raposo landed in the bottom four. At the end of the episode Ben's smelt croquets and Meghan's smelt quiche failed to impress the judges, and they were eliminated.
Last night's episode will encore in MASTERCHEF CANADA's regular time slot tonight - Monday, Feb. 3 at 8 p.m.ET/7 p.m. CT on CTV and CTV GO - and is now available on demand at CTV.ca and CTV GO.
**Media Note** To download additional artwork for MASTERCHEF CANADA please visit BellMediaPR.ca
Next week on MASTERCHEF CANADA on Monday, Feb. 10 at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT dreams come true when the remaining home cooks get into teams of seven and prepare lunch for hockey heroes! The home cooks will prepare a meal for The Toronto Maple Leafs, including current player James Van Riemsdyk and Leafs alumni Wendel Clark and Darryl Sittler in the first team challenge when they 'Feed the Leafs' at the Air Canada Centre. Then, in the second Pressure Test of the season, the home cooks must make a challenging stuffed pasta. The remaining home cooks vying for $100,000 and the first-ever Canadian MasterChef title are:
- Brooke Feldman, Toronto, Ont.
- Carly Tennant, born in Abbotsford, B.C., currently resides in Vancouver, B.C.
- Dale Kuda, born in Perry, Missouri, currently resides in Toronto, Ont.
- Danielle Cardoza, born in Fernie, B.C., currently resides in Cranbrook, B.C.
- Danny Raposo, Brampton, Ont.
- Dora Cote, born in Edmonton, Alta., currently resides in Rocky Mountain House, Alta.
- Eric Chong, Oakville, Ont.
- Josh Gale, Vancouver, B.C.
- Julie Miguel, Woodbridge, Ont.
- Kaila Klassen, born in Penticton, B.C., currently resides in West Kelowna, B.C.
- Marida Mohammed, born in Sudbury, Ont., currently resides in Toronto, Ont.
- Mike Green, born in Kenora, Ont., currently resides in Winnipeg, Man.
- Pino Di Cerbo, Mississauga, Ont.
- Tammara Behl, born in St. Albert, Alta., currently resides in Calgary, Alta.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Feb. 8, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 570
Feb. 8, 2016 03:00 PM EST
Feb. 8, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 371
Feb. 8, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 354
Feb. 8, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 135
Feb. 8, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 379
Feb. 8, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 152
Feb. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 351
Feb. 7, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 127
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 733
Feb. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 794
Feb. 2, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 417
Feb. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 859
Feb. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 950
Jan. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 733
Jan. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,155
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,229
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 818
Jan. 30, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 796
Jan. 30, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,278