|By Marketwired .||
|January 24, 2014 10:36 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 01/24/14 -- Investorideas.com, an investor research and news portal covering leading sectors including technology and defense, announces new speakers for its upcoming Security and Defense Conference," Game Changing Technologies: The Face and Future of Security", to be held live in New York and online at Scribblelive.com on March 11, 2014.
Added to the growing list of speakers and presenters is Kris Tuttle Director of Research for SoundView Technology Group, cybersecurity expert and counterterrorism analyst Roger Cressey, Partner with Liberty Group Ventures and Kiersten Todt, President and Managing Partner of Liberty Group Ventures.
The theme of the conference is game changing technologies, changing the face and the future of security, discussing technologies and developments in biometrics including fingerprint, voice and facial recognition, biodefense, cyber security as well as other leading edge technology. Current presenting companies include innovative biometric company NXT- ID Inc. and its MobileBio suite of technologies and Tekcapital, Ltd., "The World's Largest University Network for Open Innovation."
Roger Cressey is a Partner with Liberty Group Ventures, LLC in Arlington VA, a risk and crisis management firm specializing in cyber security, campus security and sports security. He most recently served as a Senior Vice President at Booz Allen Hamilton, supporting the firm's cyber security practice in the Middle East. Prior to joining Booz Allen, he was President and Founder of Good Harbor Consulting LLC, a security and risk management consulting firm.
Mr. Cressey's government service included senior cyber security and counterterrorism positions in the Clinton and Bush Administrations. At the White House, he served as Chief of Staff of the President's Critical Infrastructure Protection Board from November 2001 - September 2002. He also served as Deputy for Counterterrorism on the National Security Council staff from November 1999 to November 2001. He was responsible for the coordination and implementation of US counterterrorism policy and managed the US Government response to multiple terrorism incidents, including the Millennium terror alert, the USS COLE attack, and the September 11th attacks.
From 2004 - 2013, he served as an on-air counterterrorism analyst with NBC News, appearing frequently on NBC Nightly News, The Today Show, MSNBC and CNBC.
Prior to his White House service, Mr. Cressey served in the Department of Defense, where he worked on US defense strategy and the review of Pentagon war plans. From 1991-1995, he served in the Department of State working on Middle East security issues, including serving as a member of the US delegation to the multilateral track of the Arab-Israeli peace process talks.
Kiersten Todt is the President and Managing Partner of Liberty Group Ventures, LLC (LGV). She develops risk and crisis management solutions for infrastructure, emergency management, cybersecurity, higher education, and homeland security clients in the public, private, and non-profit sectors. She has served in senior positions in both the executive and legislative branches of government. Ms. Todt has commented on homeland security and sport security issues in multiple media outlets, including MSNBC, NPR, Bloomberg, and The Wall Street Journal. Her work on sport security has been published in two editions of The International Centre for Sport Security Journal.
Kris Tuttle is the Director of Research for SoundView Technology Group which focuses on researching and analyzing emerging public companies in new technology areas. Kris has 35 years of active participation in computing technologies including as an early designer and programmer of microcomputers, a researcher building artificial intelligence applications at Carnegie Mellon University and a career at IBM applying a range of advanced technologies to the most challenging business applications faced by Fortune 500 companies.
Starting in 1992 he has been applying this background to technology stock investing. After the original SoundView was acquired, ultimately by UBS and Charles Schwab, he founded his own firm in 2005 and renamed it SoundView after re-acquiring the SoundView trademarks. Today the firm is focused on advisory services, research and developing more internet-based research and information services.
Additional speakers include Marty Martin, CEO of Crane & Crane Consulting, who also has a background with the CIA, NSA, and the U.S. Army, Scott Greiper, President and Founding Partner of Secure Strategy Group, Scott Sacknoff, President of Spade Defense Index (NYSE: ^DXS).
NXT- ID Inc. - Mobile Security for a Mobile World
NXT-ID, Inc.'s innovative MobileBio solution mitigates consumer risks associated with mobile computing, m-commerce and smart OS-enabled devices. The company is focused on the growing m-commerce market, launching its innovative MobileBio suite of biometric solutions that secure consumers' mobile platforms led by the Wocket, a next generation smart wallet designed to replace all the cards in your wallet, no smart phone required. The Wocket works anywhere credit cards are accepted and only works with your biometric stamp of approval. http://www.thewocket.com/
Tekcapital, Ltd. - The World's Largest University Network for Open Innovation. Tekcapital helps clients profit from new, university-developed intellectual properties. With our proprietary discovery search engine, linked to 3,300+ universities in 160 countries, coupled with expert scientific review, we provide a turn-key service to make it easy for clients to find and acquire the IP they need to create a competitive advantage. http://tekcapital.com/
Investorideas.com Security and Defense Conference:
Game Changing Technologies: The Face and Future of Security
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
The New York Hilton Midtown and Online at Scribblelive.com, a unique content and syndication platform
Learn more about the conference and register:
On March 11, 2014 Hear Industry Analysts, Industry Experts and Management of Leading Companies Discuss How Technology is Transforming the Future of Security
- Over 15 Presenting Companies and 500 expected attendees
- Commentary From Top Industry Experts, Government Officials and Analysts, Live and Online
- Real Time Live Syndication Platform
- Social Media Interaction
- Extensive Media Coverage
Authentication Technology, Biometrics, Biodefense, Drones, Nanotechnology & Technology is evolving faster than we think!
This one day event (both live and online) will give investors and industry participants insight as to where to invest and the key trends to pay attention to.
Live conference attendance is free for industry experts, investors, media and service providers.
Presenting Companies: Visit the conference page to learn more and sign up:
Media Partners and Sponsors:
See a list of our media partners here:
InvestorIdeas.com is a global news source for investors following leading business sectors including biotech, tech, mining, mobile, energy, water, defense and security, renewable energy, food and beverage stocks and Latin American stocks.
Sign up for our free news alerts:
Become an Investorideas.com Member and use our online stock directories to research stocks - waters stocks, renewable energy, tech, mobile, mining stocks and more... http://www.investorideas.com/membership
Disclaimer/ Disclosure: The Investorideas.com newswire is a third party publisher of news and research as well as creates original content as a news source. Original content created by investorideas is protected by copyright laws other than syndication rights. Investorideas is a news source on Google news and Linkedintoday plus hundreds of syndication partners. Our site does not make recommendations for purchases or sale of stocks or products. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. All investment involves risk and possible loss of investment. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions, content marketing and online advertising. Contact each company directly for press release questions. Disclosure is posted on each release if required but otherwise the news was not compensated for and is published for the sole interest of our readers. More disclaimer info: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.aspBC Residents and Investor Disclaimer : Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: Disclosure: NXTD and Tekcapital are clients of Investorideas.com .http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894. Global investors must adhere to regulations of each country.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar