|By RealWire News Distribution||
|January 14, 2014 07:21 AM EST||
Eyetrak Selects Aeris for M2M Services
Aeris Opens Office in UK to Serve the European Market
Santa Clara, Calif - January 14, 2014 - Aeris Communications, the Made for Machines™ technology and service provider, today announced that it has extended the integration of its award-winning M2M infrastructure to mobile operators with coverage in more than 190 countries. With this deep technology integration, Aeris will offer unmatched M2M functionality across any cellular wireless technology, enabling North American and European companies, like Eyetrak, to seamlessly expand on a global scale through a unified platform, a single set of APIs, and with the deepest operational visibility.
Historically, options for global M2M rollouts have involved difficult trade-offs. Choosing a single provider limits choices, increases provider lock-in and restricts the ability to pick different wireless technologies across regions. For instance, a customer may want a GSM-based solution internationally, but CDMA in North America due to cost and longevity considerations. Until now, companies had to sign contracts with different service providers across many regions, which led to added operational costs due to multiple management interfaces, troubleshooting complexity and potentially inconsistent service-level agreements.
Aeris now emerges as the first and only M2M service provider to deliver a global M2M solution without compromises. For more than a decade in North America, Aeris' machine-optimized and patented AerCore™ M2M network, AerPort™ connectivity platform, and AerCloud™ application platform have provided customers with unparalleled flexibility, industry leading reliability, and the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO). With the integration of these unique capabilities into a large global network of operators, Aeris reinforces its position as the M2M service provider of choice for leading automotive, fleet and healthcare customers, offering a single platform that enables unrivaled adaptability and TCO reduction in any geography and across any wireless technology. Aeris will maintain complete control of the underlying carrier used within each country or region, offering full flexibility for customers with multi-country deployments.
"Enterprises want control of their M2M deployments without the cost and complexity of managing multiple carrier relationships. And they want access to the most cost-effective options for their business - without external limitations imposed by the communications sector," said Sheridan Nye, Senior Analyst at Informa Telecoms and Media. "With this announcement, Aeris gains network reach and scale to facilitate customers' expansion across key regions of Europe and North America. Aeris' common platform, its ownership of the core network, and access to multiple radio access networks (RAN) give customers a range of options. Enterprises will increasingly prioritize such flexibility to quickly extend digital processes into new territories, and to seize on revenue opportunities."
"With our unique, full stack M2M solutions, we can offer our global customers an unprecedented level of support, coverage and technology versatility," said Mohsen Mohseninia, vice president of market development for Europe, at Aeris. "In particular, we can better meet the ever-changing needs of customers like Eyetrak, who have been faced with inflexibility, high tariffs, and slow-moving, rigid mobile network operators. Aeris is the only company in the M2M space delivering a flexible, global solution, spanning from network to application."
Eyetrak chose Aeris as its M2M service provider for markets throughout Europe. Aeris' award-winning M2M service will allow Eyetrak to enable new devices at lower cost and with higher quality and better coverage. Additionally, Aeris' unique Global SIM enables Eyetrak to seamlessly expand its services to additional countries with ease and simplicity.
"We chose to work with Aeris because of its ability to deliver an excellent connectivity service for our vehicle solutions," said Andrew Phipps, Eyetrak CEO. "At Eyetrak, we strive to offer our customers the very best in vehicle tracking, fleet management, route planning and job dispatch services. With Aeris, we have the right partner to enable continued strong growth."
By working with Aeris, Eyetrak will benefit from greater reliability and functionality as well as a much lower TCO for global M2M deployment. Through real-time, intelligent alerts and remote troubleshooting across the network, devices and applications, Eyetrak will be given unprecedented control of its M2M solutions, such as the ability to block rogue devices and easily change rate plans. Aeris' easy-to-integrate API's and fast device certification allow devices to work immediately and reliably, without any additional effort required from the customer.
- Whitepaper: Going Global with M2M: What You Must Know to Control Costs
- Recorded webinar: Going Global with M2M: What You Must Know to Control Costs
- Heavy Reading Report: Managed M2M Platforms: Quick Fix v. Long Term Solution
- Whitepaper: Why MVNOs and Carriers Aren't Right for Your M2M Application
Eyetrak brings a fresh approach to vehicle tracking with its market leading service levels, all backed by service guarantees. Eyetrak provides a price match guarantee along with switch and track service to ensure customers have the best value possible. Based in Swindon, UK, Eyetrak was established in 2011 by a team with more than 10 year experience in vehicle tracking. Eyetrak's unique value proposition is based on enhanced reliability and performance which is lacking in offers by other vehicle tracking providers. With a wide range of new products and services being launched in 2014, Eyetrak are looking to continue their growth, enabling more SME's and larger organisations to increase productivity and efficiency whilst gaining valuable savings in an area of business where costs continue to escalate.
For more information, visit www.eyetrak.co.uk.
About Aeris Communications
Aeris is a pioneer and market leader in the Internet of Things - as an operator of end-to-end M2M services and as a technology provider enabling other operators to deliver profitable M2M services. Among our customers are the most demanding users of M2M services today, including Hyundai, Acura, Rand McNally, Leica and Sprint. Through our "Made for Machines" technology and services, we strive to fundamentally improve their businesses by dramatically reducing costs, improving operational efficiency, reducing time-to-market, and enabling new revenue streams. Visit http://www.aeris.com/ or follow us on Twitter @AerisM2M to learn how we can inspire you to create new business models and to participate in the revolution of the Internet of Things.
Jaime Tero/Angie Fife
onechocolate for Aeris Communications
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar