|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2014 11:53 AM EST||
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., and LAS VEGAS, Jan. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- (CES) -- Westone, Booth #21148, the leader in high performance audio and in-ear monitoring technology, announces that the W60 was awarded Digital Trends 'Best Of CES 2014' Award in the headphone category. The new Signature W-Series W60 was chosen as the best out of five other nominees in the headphone category to claim the top spot. More about the winners can be found at http://www.digitaltrends.com/ces/best-of-ces/.
Digital Trends "Best of CES 2014" Awards recognize the best consumer technology lifestyle products presented at CES. Winners were announced on DigitalTrends.com, in a press release and across DT social media channels. Glenn Chin, CMO, of Digital Trends delivered the award to Westone's booth on Thursday, January 9 at CES. Winners will receive a custom statue in the weeks following CES.
"We are thrilled that our Westone W60s won the coveted "Best Headphones" in the Digital Trends 2014 Best of CES awards," said John Lowrey, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "The W60s represent an entirely new apex in the in-ear headphone space, and we were confident that the sound offered with six armature drivers would be a show stopper. It's a huge honor to be recognized in the competitive high-end headphone category as the best of the best."
About Award Winning W60:
The Signature W-Series features Westone's proprietary balanced armature drivers and advanced crossover designs. The W60 features 6 balanced armature drivers and multistage crossover designs that yield sonic purity that is unrivaled in universal monitors at any price level. The 6 driver products are firsts for Westone in universal earphones.
The new signature series feature the first ever W60 models and offer unmatched performance for music lovers and audiophiles. Combining a state-of-the-art design with elite performance drivers and crossovers for audio lovers, the new Signature W-Series is designed to continue the award winning success and acclaim of the Westone lineup while adding state of the art audio performance combined with superior design for improved comfort and fit.
The W-Series is supplied two replaceable cables, the EPIC cable for easy replacement or custom cable selection as well as an Apple MFi cable with 3-button controls and integrated microphone. An Android control cable is available as an accessory. The new connector is compatible with all the new Westone cables including the ADV reflective cable and the new UM Pro cable. The EPIC replaceable cable is constructed of high-flex, ultra-low resistance tensile wire, reinforced with a special aramid fiber, and braided for ultimate durability, acoustic transparency, and isolation from mechanical cable noise. The new audiophile connector makes this cable solution conveniently user-removable, upgradeable and replaceable.
The W-Series features interchangeable anodized aluminum faceplates (red, blue and charcoal included), straight EPIC replaceable cable, replaceable MFi cable and MIC, Executive Monitor Vault, weather resistant travel case, and five sizes of patented STAR™ and True-Fit™ Tips. With Westone True-Fit™ technology, Westone combines 50+ years experience with in-ear applications that has yielded a low-profile, lightweight, universal earpiece which delivers maximum comfort and in-ear coupling for dynamic music listening.
-W60: The premier 6-driver system with 3-way crossover that yields the finest audio available today from any earphone. The W60 features dual driver for the tweeters, mid ranges and bass for a powerful yet balance sound that offers great detail and high energy output.
The W 60 will be available Q1 2014 and will retail at $999.
Find Westone on:
About Digital Trends
Digital Trends is a leading consumer technology publisher. Its purpose is to demystify technology to help consumers navigate an increasingly digital world. Digital Trends' easy-to-understand product reviews, entertaining news and videos and user-friendly site serve more than 16 million unique visitors each month and four million mobile users. In addition, 89 million unique visitors access Digital Trends' content monthly through partners including FOX News and more than 200 broadcast news stations. Digital Trends is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, and has an office in New York City. For more information, visit www.digitaltrends.com and follow @DigitalTrends on Twitter and Facebook.
Founded in 1959, Westone is the world's premier manufacturer of high performance in-ear musicians monitors, earphones and innovative speaker technology. After five decades of in-ear and acoustic innovation, Westone has developed a sizable portfolio of exclusive technologies, which incorporate only the most premium materials and optimal processes into all its products. Westone continues to pioneer new innovation into the world of audio and hearing. Their in-ear earphone product lines are actively endorsed by musicians and have won acclaim in countless reviews among audiophiles and artist worldwide. Westone is also committed to the prevention and cure of hearing loss and will donate a portion of every audio product sold through 2014 to the Hearing Health Foundation (www.hhf.org). Find out why Westone is Pure Music. For more information, please visit www.westoneaudio.com or call 800-525-5071.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar