|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2014 08:01 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CoreBrand, a leading brand strategy and communications firm, and creator of the Corporate Branding Index®, today announced trends to watch for among U.S. companies from Founder and Chairman of CoreBrand Jim Gregory.
"This will be a year like no other, as many companies have trail blazed new and resourceful paths to differentiate themselves as stand-alone brands," commented Mr. Gregory. "A fascinating and innovative marketplace has emerged out of the economic dark ages, spanning from 2007 until now," he added.
Trends To Watch In 2014:
- Bootstrapping & Entrepreneurial Resurgence: Enough with the stalemate in Congress and with the sluggish economic recovery. American business is rolling up its sleeves. The whole country is ready to get things done the old fashioned way – by bootstrapping. Bootstrapping is "having less financing costs and finding alternative resources to achieve success." Established companies with thin resources are seeking out new and innovative ways to finance their enterprise and start-ups are doing it as a way to launch new ventures.
- The Rise of Crowdfunding in Mainstream Funding: The demise of the traditional banking system, which has historically been the finance engine for small business, has faded as a resource for funding. This funding vacuum has given entrepreneurs the impetus to seek out innovative methods to finance new ventures. Crowdfunding will become more sophisticated and mainstream in 2014 and be a key catalyst for fueling innovative ideas. The breakthroughs of Crowdfunding will have everyone from investment bankers to entrepreneurs rethinking how to finance and scale growth.
- The Scalability of the Collaborative Economy: The collaborative economy is an expanding growth innovation that is emerging in the technology and business services sectors. New partnerships and alliances are being fueled out of necessity – as it is simply an effective way to success. Today's technologies provide entrepreneurs with new product creation and resource sharing abilities to network and find solutions, rather than use precious funds on equipment and people.
- Emergence of "Local" Artisans: On the heels of a sluggish economy, we are seeing an emergence of local uprisings on many levels. This concept is now appearing in consumer goods. The rise of Artisanal brands will increase in the U.S. There will be more varieties of brands in categories once dominated by giants companies (liquor, beer, soft drinks) spawned by start-ups with a "local" feel. There is something inherently American about this leading-edge trend driven by consumers supporting "organic" and "local" initiatives. Technologies and online forums will continue to fuel the momentum of these start-ups at a significantly higher rate.
- Increase in Customer Interaction and Honesty: Consumers have more power than ever and demand answers. There will be an increase in direct interaction between companies and their customers through social media (comments, product changes, customer input). This will put pressure on companies to be more authentic in marketing and focus on honesty about ingredients, processes, and benefits of the products. Honesty will be the power behind marketing moving forward.
- Convergence of the Physical and Digital Experiences: Physical and Digital interactions are coming together across a wide spectrum. Smart phones are delivering data while you shop, or watch TV. Tablets are letting you interact with television real-time. Conferences will focus on gathering and transmitting streams of data while hosting live audiences and speaker forums. This convergence of Physical and Digital is also taking place in real-time manufacturing. While 3D printing has been available for decades, it is becoming more sophisticated and very inexpensive to own a 3D printer. The MakerBot is one starter level 3D printer for only $3000. This technology is quickly evolving from rapid prototyping to mass customization manufacturing.
- Content-Driven Marketing and Communications: Consumer influence will continue to evolve the role of business marketing and communications. Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) will become even more engaged in the business operations to better face the ever-changing challenges. Content takes a seat at the head of the branding table as a key value proposition on how companies engage with customers. Customers will seek more information, through all channels than ever before and become more thoroughly educated before moving to an action/outcome.
- Big Data No Longer a Buzzword: "Big Data" will stop being a buzzword, as companies engage in the deeper use of responding with comprehensive information backed by thorough data. The CMO's role will become more influential than the Chief Information Officer (CIO) by embracing and leveraging "Small Data" (contextualized Big Data) to grow revenue and enterprise value. As this develops, the CMO's tenure will lengthen and the career path will ultimately lead to the next generation of CEOs.
- Brand Stewardship Isn't Gone: Corporate America has indeed joined the "warm and fuzzy" bandwagon - a very positive development. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability programs will continue getting attention at the board level in major companies. Employees, communities, media, customers, and shareholders are raising expectations about the role of corporations to take and maintain a leadership position in implementing high-level CSR and Sustainable standards.
- Outlook for the U.S. is Decidedly Upbeat: For the first time in decades the U.S. is seeing a trend towards lower cost of domestic energy. When combined with a drive for success among its work force, new innovations, lower borrowing and marketing costs, the U.S. will become even more competitive globally with its manufacturing efforts. By keeping costs in line, more consumers will be seeking out American made products.
CoreBrand, an independent branding firm and is the only firm that links brand identity to financial performance through data and analysis. CoreBrand helps organizations understand, build, express and measure their brands. Thanks in part to its unique CoreBrand®Analysis, the company is able to gauge the impact of a brand initiative upon the success of an organization. CoreBrand is the creator of Corporate Branding Index®, a 23 year old index that provides continuous benchmarking data, insights and corporate brand valuation for over 1000 companies, across 54 industries.
About James R. Gregory
James R. Gregory is the founder and Chairman of CoreBrand, a global brand strategy, communications and design firm headquartered in New York, with offices in Los Angeles and Tampa. He helps clients develop strategies to improve their corporate brands and bottom-line performance. James is credited with developing pioneering and innovative tools for measuring the power of brands and their impact on a corporation's financial performance. He has written four acclaimed books on creating value with brands: Marketing Corporate Image, Leveraging the Corporate Brand, Branding Across Borders, and most recently, The Best of Branding.
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Apr. 29, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,387
SYS-CON Events announced today TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business-to-business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the com...
Apr. 29, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,338
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,465
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 28, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,724
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,617
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 28, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,360
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,550
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
Apr. 28, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,085
The paradigm has shifted. A Gartner survey shows that 43% of organizations are using or plan to implement the Internet of Things in 2016. However, not just a handful of companies are still using the old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways, unaware of the critical barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can you become a winner? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan will present a methodical approach to guide the holistic adoption and enablement of IoT implementations. This ov...
Apr. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,500
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere...
Apr. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,450
Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified – now it's a component-based well-performing framework. This immersive one-day workshop at 18th Cloud Expo, led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and the product company SuranceBay, will provide you with everything you wanted to know about Angular 2.
Apr. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,602
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
Apr. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 532
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Apr. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,175
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
Apr. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,394
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
Apr. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 526
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Apr. 28, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 938
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 717
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
Apr. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 676
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
Apr. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,498
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Apr. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 943