|By PR Newswire||
|October 25, 2013 11:54 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV), the industry's largest conference and expo focused on small and mid-tier broadband network service providers, today honors Canby Telcom and Entone as winners of its annual awards program. The TelcoVision Awards recognize exceptional communications service providers and products in the broadband telecommunications industry. Produced by UBM Tech and NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association, TelcoVision took place this week, October 23-25 at the Las Vegas Hotel. For more information, visit telcovisiononline.com.
The TelcoVision Awards Judging Committee selected Canby Telcom as Service Provider of the Year, recognizing their commitment to customer service and customization. Canby Telcom's new EZVideo makes the company the first telco in the country to offer live programming from local broadcast stations via an exclusive private Roku channel. Canby Telcom accepted the award from the keynote stage on Thursday, October 24.
A vote by conference attendees determined the winner of the Product of the Year award, presented to Entone during this morning's keynote program for their new product, FusionTV®. FusionTV is a blended platform combining linear TV, DVR and web media services, offering flexibility and a seamless customer experience to users and service providers alike.
"TelcoVision extends a big congratulations to both Canby and Entone. Their achievements are a great example of how service providers that serve rural communities are responding to their customers' evolving requirements and to the changing regulatory scene," said Fred Knight, TelcoVision General Manager. "We'd also like to congratulate the impressive advances from all finalists."
Winners were chosen from a previously announced shortlist of finalists for each award category, including:
Service Provider of the Year:
- City of Ponca
- Layered Tech
Product of the Year:
- ETI Software Solutions, Product: Overture GIS
- Innoband, Product: SENSE
- Qwilt, Product: QB-Series 200
- ZTE, Product: B760D Smart STB
"I continue to be amazed by the visionary thinking that Canby Telcom and Entone have displayed," said Shirley Bloomfield, NTCA Chief Executive Officer. "These innovators have shown a keen ability for outside-the-box thinking that keeps their customers' needs top of mind and serves as an example for the entire rural industry. I congratulate them both."
TelcoVision concludes today, and featured a full conference program and two-day expo. For information on the conference program, visit the Conference Overview, Keynotes and Schedule pages. Full exhibitor and sponsor listings are available via the TelcoVision Exhibit Overview page.
TelcoVision, formerly TelcoTV, is the industry's largest conference and expo focused on broadband network service providers. Produced by UBM Tech and NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association, this annual event provides independent broadband network service providers across North America, with fast, actionable strategies to enhance the monetization of their investments in the face of increasing competition and decreasing government support. For over a decade TelcoVision has been the forum for network operators and builders, equipment vendors and content providers to connect with their peers and share best practices. The event is hosted and led by the industry's recognized experts delivering the latest critical business, technology and regulatory insights, along with opportunities to grow business and partnerships.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology industry through live events and online properties. Its community-focused media and events provide expertly curated content along with user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities through its proprietary, award-winning DeusM community platform. UBM Tech's brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developers Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association is the premier association representing nearly 900 independent, community-based telecommunications companies that are leading innovation in rural and small-town America. NTCA advocates on behalf of its members in the legislative and regulatory arenas, and it provides training and development; publications and industry events; and an array of employee benefit programs. In an era of exploding technology, deregulation and marketplace competition, NTCA's members are leading the IP evolution for rural consumers, delivering technologies that make rural communities vibrant places in which to live and do business. Because of their efforts, rural America is fertile ground for innovation in economic development and commerce, education, health care, government services, security and smart energy use. Visit us at www.ntca.org.
SOURCE UBM Tech
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing