|By Marketwired .||
|October 11, 2013 05:19 PM EDT||
PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 10/11/13 -- Omni-channel loyalty and engagement platform PunchTab today announced it is currently working with Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc., the franchisor of the national quick service restaurant chain, Arby's® to engage guests and reward them for trying their new Smokehouse Brisket Sandwich.
When Arby's, the first nationally franchised, coast-to-coast sandwich chain, recently launched their new menu item, they chose PunchTab to help build a rewards campaign called "The League of Brisket." The campaign, which launched September 29th, encourages guests who are passionate about brisket to join the league and complete challenges to earn free food and gear, as well as an entry for a chance to win the grand prize -- pro football tickets and "the ultimate tailgate party."
The Arby's campaign engages and rewards participants for uploading purchase receipts. Participants are also rewarded for engaging with Arby's across a variety of channels, including checking in at an Arby's location, taking online quizzes, Tweeting, Liking, and completing online challenges. For example, an Arby's fan can earn 1,000 points for uploading a photo on Instagram using the #LeagueOfBrisketRewards hashtag, and get another 1,000 points for checking in at Arby's on Foursquare or Facebook. For making a purchase and uploading the receipt -- Arby's lovers will receive 3,000 points.
"PunchTab-powered campaigns influence purchase decisions in the retail environment and allow brands to gather valuable data about shopping behaviors, which they can then use to optimize their marketing programs," said Ranjith Kumaran, Founder and CEO of PunchTab. "We design campaigns that let organizations like Arby's implement quickly, and solve common challenges, like tracking purchase behavior back to marketing initiatives."
For this campaign, PunchTab created a mobile web and web experience, which lets Arby's guests upload a receipt without requiring an app download. When users make a purchase, they can take a picture of their receipt and submit it via the mobile web site. The receipt image is automatically uploaded and upon verification, points are rewarded. Alternatively, guests can upload their receipt from their computer and submit it online from the campaign home page.
"With PunchTab's receipt scanning abilities, brands can quickly enable loyalty campaigns that focus on increasing traffic and volume. Marketers can easily tie engagement behavior to purchase data, while gaining full visibility into what consumers are doing," said Angela Sanfilippo, Chief Marketing Officer at PunchTab. "These are important retail insights marketers can't always attribute to engagement -- and something completely unavailable to brands who sell through 3rd party retailers."
With this first-of-its kind deployment of receipt scanning in a QSR rewards campaign, Arby's has been able to remain nimble and activate campaigns quickly across their 3,400-plus locations without the cost and complexity that comes with point-of-sale (POS) integration. In its first week, 24% of participants who checked in, purchased the sandwich and uploaded their receipt.
Who: Arby's, Crispin, Porter & Bogusky, and PunchTab
What: League of Brisket Sweepstakes
When: September 29-October 30
Where: Nationally, across participating locations
PunchTab enables brands to easily create and manage custom, incentive-based, engagement programs for seasonal campaigns, new launches, brand activation programs, sweepstakes, and events. Users can incentivize and reward engagement on more than two dozen social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, in addition to email, video, ecommerce and POS platforms.
About Arby's Restaurant Group
Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. is a leading global quick-service restaurant company operating and franchising more than 3,400 restaurants worldwide. Arby's was the first nationally franchised, coast-to-coast sandwich chain and has been serving fresh, craveable meals since it opened its doors in 1964. The Arby's brand strives to inspire smiles through delicious experiences. We are on a never-ending quest for the perfect sandwich, starting with the Classic Roast Beef and French Dip to the deli-style Market Fresh® line of sandwiches and salads. Visit Arbys.com for more information and to connect with Arby's on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media channels.
About PunchTab, Inc.
Founded in January 2011, PunchTab is an omni-channel loyalty and engagement platform that enables agencies, brands and enterprise organizations to incentivize user behavior and drive business success. PunchTab's customers use the company's flexible solutions to deepen audience engagement and build awareness by leveraging everything from social sharing and UGC and awareness campaigns to sophisticated B2E and B2B programs. PunchTab offers both an out-of-the-box product and a fully customizable, white-labeled solution that can reward any action with virtual, social and real-world rewards. For more information, please visit www.punchtab.com.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing