|By Business Wire||
|October 10, 2013 08:04 AM EDT||
Toshiba’s Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced the L9300U Series of 4K Ultra HD TVs is now available at select US retailers in 58”, 65” and 84” screen sizes. For a limited time, Toshiba will be providing the BDX6400 4K Upscaling Symbio™ Blu-ray Player and the SBX5065 300 Watt Sound Strip free with 4K Ultra HD TV purchases.
“We are proud that Toshiba’s 4K Ultra HD TVs are now available at quality retailers across the country,” said Scott Ramirez, Vice President of Product Marketing and Development, Visual Products, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. “We are providing the highest quality product and the highest value by offering a free 4K upconverting Blu-ray player and a dynamic Sound Bar to create an unmatched home theater experience.”
The Toshiba L9300U Series TVs are powered by Toshiba’s proprietary second generation CEVO™ 4K Quad+Dual Core Engine. Sophisticated technology such as Resolution Restoration, Color Restoration and Surface Brilliance Enhancement create pristine, life-like images that are unlike what most people have seen before. These models also feature a stylish design with gun-metal trim and matching frame stand to deliver a modern, yet elegant, appearance. The new Toshiba L9300U Series TVs deliver the ultimate viewing experience for movies, sports, video games, photo viewing, and more.
Although these units are shipping with HDMI 1.4 level capability, Toshiba will also provide a free firmware upgrade to HDMI 2.0 level capability this December 2013 to support 4K 60 fps content.
“Toshiba is leading the industry in 4K Ultra HD technology,” said Ramirez. “While many brands are just getting started in Ultra HD, our CEVO 4K engine is second generation technology. Now we are adding HDMI 2.0 level capability so users can enjoy our amazing picture quality with higher speed 60fps 4K content.”
Powerful Image Enhancement Technology
In addition to industry leading 4K image processing, the L9300U Series includes a suite of technologies that enhance picture quality, including:
- ClearScan® 240Hz refresh rate technology creates clearer and smoother fast motion video.
- Expert Mode and ColorMaster™ Calibration Capability
Advanced Cloud TV
Offering a smarter connected experience, the L9300U Series includes advanced Cloud TV functionality. Cloud TV takes the connected experience to another level by connecting to Content, Mobile, and now People.
Key Cloud TV Connectivity features and services include:
- Wide Variety of Key Media Apps with Ongoing Upgrade Capability
- Open Browser with Included Wireless Keyboard for Easy Internet Searching
- MediaShare to access content from other DLNA-enabled devices
- MediaGuide, a TV programming guide with advanced search capabilities and program recommendations
- Skype Video Calling
- Streaming News to view news videos and slide shows
- Built-in Wi-Fi® and WiDi for both router and peer-to-peer wireless capabilities
Unique Toshiba Cloud TV services that truly bring people together include:
- Family Calendar to share family events
- Personal Messaging to send and receive messages from family and friends outside the home
- Photo Album to share digital photos with friends and family outside the home
Pricing and Availability
The Toshiba L9300U 4K Ultra HD TV Series are available now at select retailers.
- 58-inch $3,999 Retail
- 65-inch $5,499 Retail
- 84-inch $16,999 Retail
Image Gallery: www.toshibapresscenter.com
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for computers; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 5.8 trillion yen (US$61 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2013 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing