|By PR Newswire||
|October 7, 2013 12:00 PM EDT||
MIAMI, Oct. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Royal Caribbean International – the cruise line known for pushing the limits of what's possible at sea with industry-leading ship design, amenities, programming and activities – has teamed up with athlete and adventurer Dhani Jones to create a game plan for active cruising onboard its newest ship, Quantum of the Seas, when she launches from the New York area in November 2014. As Quantum Experience Advisor for Sports and Fitness, Jones is the latest celebrity expert to suit up for the cruise line's Quantum Experience Advisors program, whose roster also includes interior designer and HGTV-star Genevieve Gorder. Royal Caribbean is documenting the creative process with both Jones and Gorder and fans can tune in to RoyalCaribbean.com/QuantumoftheSeas to follow their progress.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click:
"Mixing an active lifestyle with a zest for life comes naturally for Dhani Jones, whose passion for exploring the world has taken him from the sports field to countless countries around the globe," said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, Executive Vice President, Operations, Royal Caribbean International. "We're thrilled to draft Dhani as our latest partner to help us take on all things sports and fitness onboard Quantum of the Seas."
Dhani Jones, a former National Football League player for 11 seasons, is also known for his off-the-field adventures. Starring in his own Travel Channel show, Dhani Tackles the Globe, the self-proclaimed adventurer participated in many of the world's games. From Rugby to Sambo, Jones immersed himself in each culture and learned how athletes around the world compete in their favorite sports. Off the field, Jones is currently starring in a new show on FOX Sports 1, Jones and Mosley, and also is an author, entrepreneur and philanthropist, founding a company that sells high-end bow ties for various charities around the world.
Since June 2013, Jones has been collaborating with Royal Caribbean's guest activities team on their home turf in Miami to create a playbook for thrills and excitement onboard Quantum of the Seas. Over the course of multiple creative sessions, Jones has been lending his expertise on the latest active trends and providing fresh ideas for Quantum's SeaPlex, the largest sports and entertainment complex at sea – which will feature first-at-sea innovations such as bumper cars, roller skating and a circus school, complete with a flying trapeze.
The next few months will see Jones sampling the existing programs and signature innovations found only on Royal Caribbean, while adding his trademark touches to distinct spaces onboard Quantum of the Seas, including four custom-themed SeaPods which will be found on the mezzanine level of the SeaPlex and will offer spectacular views of the sea. Jones also will help influence programming in the adjacent Sports Deck, which serves up signature Royal Caribbean innovations such as the rock-climbing wall, the FlowRider surf simulator and RipCord by iFLY, the first skydiving experience at sea which allows everyone from first-time flyers to seasoned skydivers to enjoy the sheer thrill and exhilaration of skydiving in a safe, controlled, and simulated environment.
"I'm having a phenomenal time working with Royal Caribbean as a Quantum Experience Advisor," said Jones. "It's giving me the opportunity to demonstrate my passion for sports, travel, fitness and adventure, and draw on my own experiences traveling the globe to contribute ideas that will bring good fitness and good fun to Quantum of the Seas."
In addition to Jones, Royal Caribbean also has partnered with Genevieve Gorder, one of America's favorite interior designers and the most popular personalities on cable television network HGTV, as the Quantum Experience Advisor for Design. Gorder has been working with Royal Caribbean's newbuild and design team since May 2013 to influence and inspire the decor and furnishings in the loft and suite accommodations onboard Quantum of the Seas, where her soulful and whimsical style will be felt throughout. The cruise line plans to reveal several other Quantum Experience Advisors in the coming months, and consumers can stay up-to-date on the program by visiting RoyalCaribbean.com/QuantumoftheSeas.
The new Quantum class will debut in November 2014 with Quantum of the Seas, followed by her sister-ship Anthem of the Seas in April 2015. The Quantum-class ships span 16 decks, encompass 167,800 gross registered tons, carry 4,180 guests at double occupancy and feature 2,090 staterooms.
Royal Caribbean International is an award-winning global cruise brand with a 40-year legacy of innovation and introducing industry firsts never-before-seen at sea. The cruise line features an expansive and unmatched array of features and amenities only found on Royal Caribbean including, jaw-dropping, Broadway-style entertainment and industry-acclaimed programming that appeals to families and adventurous vacationers alike. Owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE/OSE: RCL), the cruise line sails 21 of the world's most innovative cruise ships to the most popular destinations in the Caribbean, Europe, Alaska, South America, the Far East, and Australia and New Zealand.
World renowned for its friendly and engaging Gold Anchor Service, delivered by every staff and crew member, Royal Caribbean has been voted "Best Cruise Line Overall" for 10 consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Reader's Choice Awards. Media can stay up-to-date by following @RoyalCaribPR on Twitter, and visiting RoyalCaribbeanInternationalPR.tumblr.com and RoyalCaribbeanPressCenter.com. Travel professionals should go to Cruisingpower.com; or call (800) 327-2056; and follow Facebook.com/VickiLovesTravelAgents. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers should call their travel agent; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN. Follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/RoyalCaribbean or on Twitter @RoyalCaribbean.
SOURCE Royal Caribbean International
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing