|By Carmen Gonzalez||
|September 25, 2013 05:00 PM EDT||
To enable communications service providers (CSPs) and enterprises to offer WebRTC services -- from virtually any device, across virtually any network -- with carrier-grade reliability and security, Oracle unveiled Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller. The solution is the first combined offering following Oracle's acquisition of Acme Packet.
- Oracle today unveiled Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller, a highly available, carrier grade solution designed to support the emerging demand to develop WebRTC-based applications and services. This is the first post-acquisition combined offering from Oracle and Acme Packet.
- WebRTC is an emerging Internet standard that equips any device with a supported web browser with real-time communications (RTC) capabilities -- such as voice calling, video, chat or file sharing -- via simple application programming interfaces (APIs) without requiring users to download plug-ins.
- Enterprises and contact centers benefit by leveraging this technology for unified communications (UC) and customer service applications. Enterprises are challenged to add industry-standard UC capabilities to their bring-your-own-device (BYOD) initiatives due to the number of incompatible mobile device platforms available to employees, as well as the expense associated with proprietary UC client applications.
- CSP voice service revenues continue to face pressure due to shifts in communication preferences and competition from non-traditional service providers. Voice communications are now often embedded into applications outside the domain of traditional telephony.
- Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller provides CSPs with an avenue to develop innovative, new, revenue-generating communications capabilities and extend the value of existing offerings. It also offers enterprises the means to connect with their customers and overcome the limitations of proprietary enterprise UC systems.
- Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller is based on technologies from the Oracle Communications Converged Application Server and Oracle's Acme Packet Net-Net Session Director. The solution brings enterprise network capabilities into the web domain to enable CSPs and enterprises to meet user expectations to communicate virtually anytime and anywhere using virtually any application, device or network.
- When used in combination with Oracle's standards-based, secure, reliable, and highly available messaging and collaboration platform, Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite, Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller enables users to collaborate via a shared digital whiteboard, and audio and/or video conferencing. Oracle is demonstrating this integrated solution at Oracle OpenWorld this week.
- Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller brings high-level security, reliability and interoperability to the WebRTC environment. The solution:
- Enables CSPs and enterprises to integrate carrier-grade signaling, policy and charging with any WebRTC application to support bandwidth management, media channel allocation and service quality
- Offers support for established web-based identity and authorization standards, like OAuth, allowing customers to sign into RTC applications using their web identities
- Provides robust security for managing user identity across web and traditional network domains as well as protection to prevent malicious attacks and accidental overloads
- Facilitates interworking between WebRTC clients and session initiation protocol (SIP)-based, multivendor UC systems, enabling users to more easily access their enterprise communications environment
- Enables users to pause and re-start RTC sessions on the same device or seamlessly switch between devices
- Increases web communications reliability through application rehydration -- with ability to recover disconnected sessions -- allowing easy re-connections when mobile or broadband connectivity cuts out
- Enables CSPs to reliably scale WebRTC offerings to millions of subscribers
- Contains advanced media handling for uniquely optimized firewall traversal and transcoding needs
- Delivers media and signaling threat protection, guarding against Denial of Service (DOS) and other types of attack
- Exposes web developer friendly interfaces and easy to use Software Development Kit to accelerate adoption of RTC features into Web applications
- Helps CSPs provide a premium user experience with the reliability of traditional communications services and the flexibility of over-the-top (OTT) offerings
- "Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller, along with our Unified Communications Suite, enables CSPs and enterprises to offer differentiated services through secure and reliable IP-based communications from virtually any device, across virtually any network. We are pleased to offer our customers a solution that enables them to take advantage of emerging communications technologies without compromising security or reliability," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- "Disruptive Analysis forecasts predict nearly 4 billion WebRTC-supporting devices by the end of 2016, which creates a huge opportunity for CSPs and enterprises. New platforms -- such as Oracle Communications' WebRTC Session Controller -- can help companies deploy next-generation services and capabilities with a high level of dependability," said Dean Bubley, founder and director, Disruptive Analysis.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller
- Data Sheet: Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013
- Join us for Oracle OpenWorld 2013 San Francisco. Register to attend.
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013 Keynotes
- Like Oracle OpenWorld on Facebook
- Follow Oracle OpenWorld on Twitter
- Oracle OpenWorld Blog
- Oracle OpenWorld on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 14, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 463
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
Feb. 14, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 123
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 14, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 482
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 14, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 167
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 14, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 293
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 14, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 169
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 14, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 108
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 14, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 240
The Quantified Economy represents the total global addressable market (TAM) for IoT that, according to a recent IDC report, will grow to an unprecedented $1.3 trillion by 2019. With this the third wave of the Internet-global proliferation of connected devices, appliances and sensors is poised to take off in 2016. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David McLauchlan, CEO and co-founder of Buddy Platform, will discuss how the ability to access and analyze the massive volume of streaming data from mil...
Feb. 14, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 108
WebSocket is effectively a persistent and fat pipe that is compatible with a standard web infrastructure; a "TCP for the Web." If you think of WebSocket in this light, there are other more hugely interesting applications of WebSocket than just simply sending data to a browser. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Frank Greco, Director of Technology for Kaazing Corporation, will compare other modern web connectivity methods such as HTTP/2, HTTP Streaming, Server-Sent Events and new W3C event APIs ...
Feb. 14, 2016 08:30 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that FalconStor Software® Inc., a 15-year innovator of software-defined storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. FalconStor Software®, Inc. (NASDAQ: FALC) is a leading software-defined storage company offering a converged, hardware-agnostic, software-defined storage and data services platform. Its flagship solution FreeStor®, utilizes a horizonta...
Feb. 14, 2016 07:30 AM EST
Silver Spring Networks, Inc. (NYSE: SSNI) extended its Internet of Things technology platform with performance enhancements to Gen5 – its fifth generation critical infrastructure networking platform. Already delivering nearly 23 million devices on five continents as one of the leading networking providers in the market, Silver Spring announced it is doubling the maximum speed of its Gen5 network to up to 2.4 Mbps, increasing computational performance by 10x, supporting simultaneous mesh communic...
Feb. 14, 2016 05:00 AM EST
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 14, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 267
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 14, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 485
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 14, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 448
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 323
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 13, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 161
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 269
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 13, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 162
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 13, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 301