|By Marketwired .||
|September 24, 2013 11:10 AM EDT||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 09/24/13 -- ORACLE OPENWORLD -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Organizations across all industries are increasingly looking for robust and powerful applications that are tailored to mobile devices and can provide their people with anywhere anytime access to enterprise information. To give the mobile workforce access to mission critical information at their fingertips, Oracle has developed a wide range of cutting-edge mobile capabilities. By giving organizations a huge choice of out-of-the-box mobile applications, as well as the option of leveraging Oracle's Mobile platform to develop their own mobile applications, Oracle is empowering the mobile workforce for organizations across the world.
- Mobile has indisputably become a core part of the business vocabulary. For enterprises, it is essential that they develop the most relevant mobile strategy for today and tomorrow.
- In today's collaborative and hyper connected organizations, it is mobility that enables modern employees, customers and partners to reach new levels of productivity and alignment.
- Committed to innovating and delivering a wide range of cutting-edge mobile capabilities across the enterprise, Oracle Applications are leveraging Oracle mobile platform.
- Oracle Mobile platform provides the development framework, integration, security and application management capabilities that enable developers to create compelling and secure mobile experiences for any device.
- Oracle ADF Mobile, a key component of Oracle Mobile platform, enables enterprises to rapidly develop single-source applications that leverage Java and HTML5 to deploy and run on both the Apple iOS and Google Android, thus enabling a single application on multiple devices and channels.
- With Oracle Applications, enterprises have a huge choice of out-of-the-box mobile applications as well as the option of developing their own applications by leveraging Oracle Mobile platform that supports access to any device, all native device services and connection to any enterprise application securely protecting enterprise investments from future technology shifts.
Select Applications Available Today for Your Mobility Needs
Oracle Applications Cloud
- Oracle Sales Cloud Mobile: Drives further sales team productivity by enabling direct access of Oracle Sales Cloud within Apple, Blackberry and Google Android devices, and allowing instant access and team sharing of important customer, contact and opportunity details within smartphones.
- Oracle Fusion Mobile Expenses: Empowers users to quickly capture their expenses as they are incurred with minimal data entry. The mobile application allows users to create expense lines from voice recordings, receipt images, and calendar entries and sync reference data automatically.
- Oracle Tap: Gives organizations secure access from within Apple and Google Android devices to their Oracle Applications Cloud, including: Oracle Human Capital Management (Fusion HCM), Oracle Project Portfolio Management (Fusion ERP), Oracle Talent Management (Taleo both Business and Enterprise edition), and Oracle Service (RightNow). Oracle Tap provides a highly responsive and natural application experience with optimized layouts and navigation gestures, an smart offline cache and search that seamlessly fetches data on-demand, and robust personalization via a completely user configurable on device workboard or via an administrator driven centralized Cloud-based mobile configuration composer. With Oracle Tap customers benefit from a consistent information architecture and experience independent of the Oracle Applications Cloud deployed.
- Oracle Human Capital Management (Fusion HCM): Mobile capabilities enable employees, managers and executives to manage their worklist and quickly respond to approval requests, browse and analyze organizational information such as operational performance indicators or business intelligence reports, employee information like their talent scorecard, goals and predicted performance/attrition measures, ability to compare multiple workers in order to determine top performers and view compensation distribution across teams, and setting and tracking of goals across the various levels of the organization.
- Oracle Project Portfolio Management (Fusion ERP): Mobile capabilities provide project managers with an easy-to-use graphical user interface that helps them quickly understand project progress, review exceptions, and follow up with team members if required.
- Oracle Talent Management (Taleo): Mobile capabilities provide recruitment on the go for hiring managers and HR professionals, with access to requisitions, candidates, and actions to manage the entire recruitment process.
- Oracle Service (RightNow): Mobile capabilities redefine user productivity while agents, specialists, and managers are on the go and provide case and task management, access to critical contact and organization information, and insight into staff's workloads. Oracle RightNow now supports servicing customers at all times even when agents are away from their desks.
Oracle's Siebel CRM
- Oracle's Siebel Mobile Solutions connects mobile service professionals with accurate, up-to-date information. Deployed over wireless phones, pagers, laptops, and handheld computers, it gives field technicians complete access to customer information, site and asset histories, expense reports, parts information, corporate knowledgebases, and much more.
- Oracle Mobile Sales Assistant: Help users collaborate with colleagues and customers, complete frequent tasks, and close deals more quickly while on the road.
- Oracle Mobile Sales Forecast: Provides daily visibility into the opportunity pipeline, helping sales representatives focus on closing deals while on the road.
Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Mobile Field Service for iPhone, iPad and Android enables customer service agents to access and update key information while on the go. While offline, agents can access complete customer, product, and service request data; manage schedules; order spare parts; record material, costs, and labor; and enter counter readings. Benefits include improved service levels, reduced service costs, faster billing cycles, and optimized inventory levels.
Oracle JD Edwards
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne for iPad: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne enterprise applications run on Apple iPad, providing business user mobile access to all applications and data they need to monitor and execute their work from anywhere, anytime. EnterpriseOne users are not restricted to a handful of specialty mobile apps, but enjoy the power of the robust, integrated tier one JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP solution at their fingertips on the Apple iPad
- Oracle's PeopleSoft applications provide comprehensive business and industry solutions, enabling organizations to increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and allow a lower cost of ownership.
- Oracle PeopleSoft mobile applications include:
- Mobile Expenses: Working in conjunction with PeopleSoft Expenses, the new mobile application supports the full expense lifecycle for employees and managers, while also allowing users to easily transition from a desktop environment to mobile device as needed to complete transactions.
- Mobile Approvals: Can save time and improve efficiencies by streamlining the review and approval process for requests such as requisitions, purchase orders, expenses, vouchers, and general ledger journals.
- Mobile Company Directory: Improves productivity by providing a powerful tool for locating, connecting, and collaborating with talent across the entire organization.
- Mobile Inventory Management: Enables users to perform common inventory transactions through handheld devices, personal digital assistants, and radio frequency scanners resulting in real-time transaction processing, improved data accuracy and increased mobility and convenience.
- Mobile Campus Solutions Self Service: Enables students to take action on and manage key processes while on the go. The new features will allow institutions to brand, customize and extend the smartphone application to provide maximum value to students through their mobile devices.
Upcoming Applications for Your Mobility Needs
Oracle Applications Cloud
Oracle Sales Cloud Mobilytics: Expected to release in calendar year 2014, Oracle Sales Cloud Mobilytics is the iPad app for sales leaders that makes massive amounts of sales data incredibly easy to understand and act on. Oracle Mobilytics uses the iPad and novel visualizations to transform data into the information that sales leaders actually want. Not for quarterly reporting; but for determining the actions you need to take to hit quota, hone sales processes, forecast more accurately, and stack your team with superstars.
Oracle Sales Cloud Voice: Expected to release in calendar year 2014, Oracle Sales Cloud Voice for iPhone is a fun, Siri-like Virtual Assistant for Sales Reps. It lets them talk on their iPhones to the Oracle Sales Cloud. Reps can quickly view their Opportunities, Contacts, Notes and Activities so they walk into meetings prepared. After meetings, Reps can create Notes, Activities and Contacts and Edit Opportunities when the information is still fresh in their minds.
- "As the business world goes mobile, Oracle is committed to ensuring on the go workers can be extremely productive across all Oracle products," said Steve Miranda, Executive Vice President of Application Development, Oracle. "Applications built with Oracle ADF Mobile provide organizations mobile capabilities they need for mission critical sales success. At the same time, Oracle will continue to leverage the Oracle ADF Mobile platform to innovate and deliver new and industry-defining applications across the entire enterprise."
- Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Mobile
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle Tap
- Oracle Mobile platform
- Oracle Fusion Applications
- Oracle Taleo
- Oracle RightNow
- Oracle's Siebel
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle's JD Edwards
- Oracle's PeopleSoft
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013 Keynotes
- Like Oracle OpenWorld on Facebook
- Follow Oracle OpenWorld on Twitter
- Oracle OpenWorld Blog
- Oracle OpenWorld on LinkedIn
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which is expected to draw more than 60,000 attendees from over 145 countries, offers more than 2,500 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 500 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure -- all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2013 is being held September 22-26 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information, to register, or to watch Oracle OpenWorld keynotes, sessions and more live, please visit www.oracle.com/openworld. Join the Oracle OpenWorld discussion on Twitter, Facebook and the Oracle OpenWorld Blog.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
THIS DOCUMENT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND MAY NOT BE INCORPORATED INTO A CONTRACT OR AGREEMENT.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing