|By PR Newswire||
|September 20, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
TORRANCE, Calif., Sept. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pickup truck drivers can build what matters most—not just "things," but more importantly, family, community, character and legacy—with the redesigned third-generation Toyota Tundra.
An integrated marketing campaign, developed in partnership with Saatchi & Saatchi LA, will encourage them to do exactly that. On Sunday, September 22, the 2014 Tundra has a new consumer target—the "Evolved Trucker." This generation of full-size pickup truck drivers' main priority is enhancing the life of their entire family.
"The new Tundra has been engineered and crafted to deliver full-size pickup truck capability that empowers truck owners all across America to build anything," said Jack Hollis, vice president of marketing for Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. "The marketing campaign reflects this DIY spirit and genuinely showcases the truck's versatility."
The campaign leverages multiple mediums, as well as partnerships with Discovery Channel and Animal Planet to showcase the do-it-yourself spirit of the family guy who includes his family on everyday adventures and projects centered around the homestead. The campaign carves out new territory with a truck buyer whose life is much bigger—and fuller—than traditional "truck guy" cliches.
Three broadcast commercials provide the focal point for the campaign. The first spot, "Car-B-Q," featuring NASCAR driver Kyle Bush, will debut on Sept. 22 during NBC Sunday Night Football along with "Baseball," which demonstrates how a dad was inspired to build a baseball field in his own backyard. "Tree House," a fast-paced nod to the DIY truck owner, will roll out later in the broadcast flight.
Each spot starts with a moment that illustrates the mantra of "Build Anything" with the Tundra and goes backward in time to show the events that led to that moment of truth. The spots will air during several top-rated and high-profile programs such as Monday Night Football, MLB Playoffs, College Football, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nashville, NCIS Los Angeles and The Today Show.
The 2014 Tundra will have a significant presence in print outlets, including Sports Illustrated, Popular Science, Car & Driver, This Old House, Outside, Field & Stream and Texas Monthly. Dynamic interactive tablet executions will be featured across Time Inc. publications.
Digital and Social
The redesigned 2014 model will also be supported by rich media ad units, homepage takeovers as well as branded infographics, articles, blueprints, videos and instructions on top search websites such as YouTube, MSN, The Weather Channel, eHow and HowStuffWorks to help drivers prepare and complete projects around the home with the help of Tundra. Through a sponsorship of live NASCAR racing, the Tundra will deliver live in-race video content on Twitter for the multi-tasking, multi-screen Twitter follower.
A number of ride-and-drive experiences in the coming months will allow guests a chance to get behind the wheel and experience the 2014 Tundra first-hand. Toyota-sponsored events and on-site activations include Dew Tour, Supercross, Toyota Drive Center events, Bass Pro Shops events, Monster Energy Cup, as well as various country music festivals and military events.
Toyota first unveiled the redesigned Tundra at a press conference at the Chicago Auto Show on February 7, 2013. The truck adds dramatically bold elements of design, refinement, quality and craftsmanship, while building upon its reputation for power, function and reliability. Equipped with a powertrain that pulled the Endeavour, it's the most stylish and capable Tundra yet.
For more information on the 2014 Toyota Tundra, visit www.toyota.com/tundra.
Toyota, the world's top automaker and creator of the Prius, is committed to building vehicles for the way people live through our Toyota, Lexus and Scion brands. Over the past 50 years, we've built more than 25 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants and directly employ nearly 40,000 people. Our 1,800 North American dealerships sold more than 2.3 million cars and trucks in 2012 – and about 80% of all Toyotas sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today. (NYSE:TM) For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com.
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (TMS), the sales, marketing, distribution and customer service arm of Toyota, Lexus and Scion, is based in Torrance, CA.
About Saatchi & Saatchi LA
Saatchi & Saatchi LA is located in Torrance, California and is part of the global Saatchi & Saatchi network of 130 offices in 70 countries, and is owned by the Publicis Groupe, the third largest communications group in the world. As the agency of record for Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., SSLA employs more than 375 full-time employees and has been a trusted partner of TMS since 1975.
For more information, please visit Saatchi & Saatchi LA online at www.saatchila.com.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing