|By Business Wire||
|February 28, 2013 12:00 PM EST||
The Rocky Mountain Venture Capital Association and KPMG LLP are proud to name the 22 early stage and growth companies presenting at the 30th Venture Capital in the Rockies Winter conference (VCIR Winter 2013). This year’s companies embody the diverse innovation taking place in the Rocky Mountain region, with an emphasis on mobile and cloud computing technologies.
The VCIR Winter 2013 conference will be held at the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek, Colorado, March 5-7, 2013, showcasing companies from Arizona, Colorado and Utah.
“We are excited to be celebrating the 30th year of the VCIR Winter conference,” said Michael Bearup, office managing partner, KPMG LLP and conference co-chairman. “The conference continues to be the single most important event in the region to connect innovative companies with experienced investors and service providers.”
Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper will issue this year’s opening address. As an entrepreneur himself, Hickenlooper will share his vision of making Colorado relentlessly pro-business. In addition, Jeremy Bloom, co-founder of Integrate, an advertising technology and services provider, will give the keynote address.
“The selected companies represent the best and brightest in the Rocky Mountain region,” said Chris Marks, conference co-chairman and partner of High Country Venture, a Boulder-based venture capital firm. “As we enter a new era of mobile and cloud computing, these promising companies are at the forefront of innovation and leadership.”
- BlogFrog works with brand marketers, agencies and publishing partners to harness the power of social influencers through content-driven campaigns that are meaningful and useful for consumers. Its Influencer Marketing platform manages all aspects of high-impact social marketing campaigns, helping brand marketers identify and activate influencers, distribute content across all social networks, and measure campaign performance.
- BlogMutt is a blog writing service that provides small businesses with relevant, quality blog posts each week from a crowd of hundreds of qualified US writers.
- BusyLife Software is mobile commerce. BusyLife offers comprehensive mobile software products such as QwikCart™, an integrated to point-of-sale solution. QwikCart™ provides merchants with branded, mobile commerce solutions that enable their consumers to purchase goods and services from anywhere at any time for pickup, delivery or shipping.
- CipherPoint secures sensitive and regulated content in web-based application environments including premise-based collaboration platforms such as Microsoft SharePoint, cloud, and other web-based applications. CipherPoint's transparent data encryption technology secures content and data from the web tier, affording the highest level of threat protection to sensitive and regulated content.
- Cloud Elements provides pre-built integrations into leading cloud services that help app developers eliminate weeks to months of development time by automating the selection, provisioning, monitoring and maintenance of connections into cloud platforms. "Elements" include custom API integrations with: payments, subscription billing, single sign on, messaging, social media, analytics, and customer service & management applications.
- ContactPoint offers LogMyCalls, a SaaS marketing analytics and automation for the phone. LogMyCalls pulls data from every customer interaction to score leads, manage marketing ROI, provide real-time marketing data and even automate instant CRM actions.
- GeoStrut is the world’s only manufacturer and distributor of lattice structure carbon fiber towers. Using GeoStrut technology allows telecommunication towers, masts and poles to weigh merely ten percent the weight of similar towers made from steel.
- Giiidget is compressing the way the world communicates.
- Laconic Security was founded to address the vacuum in the cloud data security space with innovative and responsible solutions. Its premier product, Laconic Vaults, delivers absolute data privacy to help organizations maximize the potential of cloud storage savings.
- Lagrange Systems has designed a uniquely patented and decentralized approach to cloud-based application delivery that allows for easily combining multiple cloud vendors into a single platform, thus providing higher availability than any single provider can achieve.
- Mobile Pulse provides a SaaS-based solution that enterprises and governments use to measure, compare, and diagnose mobile broadband performance. Mobile Pulse customers are using the service to evaluate carrier and device choices while also using the data and reports to negotiate better rates with their providers and hold them accountable to specific performance criteria.
- OpDemand makes it easy to deploy, monitor and maintain Amazon Web Services and Heroku, helping companies spend less time on operations and more time building their business.
- PaySimple is a cloud-based, SaaS platform for managing and growing small businesses. Available direct to small business and through its large-scale partnership distribution, thousands of businesses are using PaySimple’s turnkey technology to automate billing, accept electronic payments, improve cash flow, manage customers, view real-time business performance, and operate anywhere on its mobile platforms.
- PlayerLync has created a tablet-based platform for secure enterprise communication. The platform provides a more efficient and secure method of distributing large video files, secure documents, or integrated messaging to tablets with an extremely intuitive yet powerful set of end user and administrative tools.
- Prediculous will become the leading provider of casual social sports games. While current sports games are built for the few, die hard fans, the company is building social sports games for all fans.
- RoundPegg allows companies to manage culture from the cloud. Its culture platform features socially-enabled Web-apps that allow companies to measure, manage and monitor their unique culture by pulling levers to hire, develop and engage employees in alignment with the desired culture.
- Roximity delivers relevant offers and alerts based on a users location and preferences.
- Serious Integrated enables original equipment manufacturers to add modern graphic/touch front panels to their products. The company's proprietary software-on-hardware is complemented by breakthrough user interface design tools, delivering a modern look and feel in remarkably short time and minimal custom engineering.
- Surefire Medical develops innovative infusion systems for the interventional oncology market that are designed to precisely deliver therapy through a unique microcatheter with an expandable tip that collapses in forward flow and dynamically expands to the vessel wall in reverse flow. A growing body of clinical evidence indicates that Surefire Medical's infusion and specialty catheter systems increase embolization efficiency, minimize reflux and reduce damage to healthy tissue.
- Threadlife makes shooting video as easy as taking photos and creates movies that are ready to watch, and ready to share. Threadlife encourages the creation of and collaboration on endless, ever-evolving stories.
- TruEffect provides a software as a service advertising technology suite to advertisers and agencies to deliver, measure, manage and target their Internet media activities: ad serving, data management and analytics. TruEffect uses a First-Party customer data approach that enables advertisers to improve targeting the right ad to the right person, more accurately measure advertising effectiveness, and reduce waste in the media buying process all to increase return on ad spend for their customers.
Venture Capital in the Rockies (VCIR) is the region’s oldest and best-attended venture capital conference and will hold its 30th annual VCIR Winter edition in Beaver Creek, Colorado in 2013. Along with the annual VCIR Fall conference, the two VCIR conferences encompass the premier venture investing conferences in the Rocky Mountain region and among the most respected venture conferences in the country. Creating a dynamic marketplace for ideas and investment, each year both editions of VCIR invite 35 to 40 companies seeking investment to present to panels of venture investors, as well as an audience of other entrepreneurs, CEOs and professionals servicing the venture community. More information can be found at www.vcirwinter.com or www.vcirfall.com.
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 848
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 893
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 18, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,112
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,241
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,072
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,771
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,887
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 18, 2014 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,879
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,210
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 723
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,268
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,340
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,308
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,217
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,444
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,282
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,648
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 6,863
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,947
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial Cloud.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,620