|By Business Wire||
|February 28, 2013 12:00 PM EST||
The Rocky Mountain Venture Capital Association and KPMG LLP are proud to name the 22 early stage and growth companies presenting at the 30th Venture Capital in the Rockies Winter conference (VCIR Winter 2013). This year’s companies embody the diverse innovation taking place in the Rocky Mountain region, with an emphasis on mobile and cloud computing technologies.
The VCIR Winter 2013 conference will be held at the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek, Colorado, March 5-7, 2013, showcasing companies from Arizona, Colorado and Utah.
“We are excited to be celebrating the 30th year of the VCIR Winter conference,” said Michael Bearup, office managing partner, KPMG LLP and conference co-chairman. “The conference continues to be the single most important event in the region to connect innovative companies with experienced investors and service providers.”
Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper will issue this year’s opening address. As an entrepreneur himself, Hickenlooper will share his vision of making Colorado relentlessly pro-business. In addition, Jeremy Bloom, co-founder of Integrate, an advertising technology and services provider, will give the keynote address.
“The selected companies represent the best and brightest in the Rocky Mountain region,” said Chris Marks, conference co-chairman and partner of High Country Venture, a Boulder-based venture capital firm. “As we enter a new era of mobile and cloud computing, these promising companies are at the forefront of innovation and leadership.”
- BlogFrog works with brand marketers, agencies and publishing partners to harness the power of social influencers through content-driven campaigns that are meaningful and useful for consumers. Its Influencer Marketing platform manages all aspects of high-impact social marketing campaigns, helping brand marketers identify and activate influencers, distribute content across all social networks, and measure campaign performance.
- BlogMutt is a blog writing service that provides small businesses with relevant, quality blog posts each week from a crowd of hundreds of qualified US writers.
- BusyLife Software is mobile commerce. BusyLife offers comprehensive mobile software products such as QwikCart™, an integrated to point-of-sale solution. QwikCart™ provides merchants with branded, mobile commerce solutions that enable their consumers to purchase goods and services from anywhere at any time for pickup, delivery or shipping.
- CipherPoint secures sensitive and regulated content in web-based application environments including premise-based collaboration platforms such as Microsoft SharePoint, cloud, and other web-based applications. CipherPoint's transparent data encryption technology secures content and data from the web tier, affording the highest level of threat protection to sensitive and regulated content.
- Cloud Elements provides pre-built integrations into leading cloud services that help app developers eliminate weeks to months of development time by automating the selection, provisioning, monitoring and maintenance of connections into cloud platforms. "Elements" include custom API integrations with: payments, subscription billing, single sign on, messaging, social media, analytics, and customer service & management applications.
- ContactPoint offers LogMyCalls, a SaaS marketing analytics and automation for the phone. LogMyCalls pulls data from every customer interaction to score leads, manage marketing ROI, provide real-time marketing data and even automate instant CRM actions.
- GeoStrut is the world’s only manufacturer and distributor of lattice structure carbon fiber towers. Using GeoStrut technology allows telecommunication towers, masts and poles to weigh merely ten percent the weight of similar towers made from steel.
- Giiidget is compressing the way the world communicates.
- Laconic Security was founded to address the vacuum in the cloud data security space with innovative and responsible solutions. Its premier product, Laconic Vaults, delivers absolute data privacy to help organizations maximize the potential of cloud storage savings.
- Lagrange Systems has designed a uniquely patented and decentralized approach to cloud-based application delivery that allows for easily combining multiple cloud vendors into a single platform, thus providing higher availability than any single provider can achieve.
- Mobile Pulse provides a SaaS-based solution that enterprises and governments use to measure, compare, and diagnose mobile broadband performance. Mobile Pulse customers are using the service to evaluate carrier and device choices while also using the data and reports to negotiate better rates with their providers and hold them accountable to specific performance criteria.
- OpDemand makes it easy to deploy, monitor and maintain Amazon Web Services and Heroku, helping companies spend less time on operations and more time building their business.
- PaySimple is a cloud-based, SaaS platform for managing and growing small businesses. Available direct to small business and through its large-scale partnership distribution, thousands of businesses are using PaySimple’s turnkey technology to automate billing, accept electronic payments, improve cash flow, manage customers, view real-time business performance, and operate anywhere on its mobile platforms.
- PlayerLync has created a tablet-based platform for secure enterprise communication. The platform provides a more efficient and secure method of distributing large video files, secure documents, or integrated messaging to tablets with an extremely intuitive yet powerful set of end user and administrative tools.
- Prediculous will become the leading provider of casual social sports games. While current sports games are built for the few, die hard fans, the company is building social sports games for all fans.
- RoundPegg allows companies to manage culture from the cloud. Its culture platform features socially-enabled Web-apps that allow companies to measure, manage and monitor their unique culture by pulling levers to hire, develop and engage employees in alignment with the desired culture.
- Roximity delivers relevant offers and alerts based on a users location and preferences.
- Serious Integrated enables original equipment manufacturers to add modern graphic/touch front panels to their products. The company's proprietary software-on-hardware is complemented by breakthrough user interface design tools, delivering a modern look and feel in remarkably short time and minimal custom engineering.
- Surefire Medical develops innovative infusion systems for the interventional oncology market that are designed to precisely deliver therapy through a unique microcatheter with an expandable tip that collapses in forward flow and dynamically expands to the vessel wall in reverse flow. A growing body of clinical evidence indicates that Surefire Medical's infusion and specialty catheter systems increase embolization efficiency, minimize reflux and reduce damage to healthy tissue.
- Threadlife makes shooting video as easy as taking photos and creates movies that are ready to watch, and ready to share. Threadlife encourages the creation of and collaboration on endless, ever-evolving stories.
- TruEffect provides a software as a service advertising technology suite to advertisers and agencies to deliver, measure, manage and target their Internet media activities: ad serving, data management and analytics. TruEffect uses a First-Party customer data approach that enables advertisers to improve targeting the right ad to the right person, more accurately measure advertising effectiveness, and reduce waste in the media buying process all to increase return on ad spend for their customers.
Venture Capital in the Rockies (VCIR) is the region’s oldest and best-attended venture capital conference and will hold its 30th annual VCIR Winter edition in Beaver Creek, Colorado in 2013. Along with the annual VCIR Fall conference, the two VCIR conferences encompass the premier venture investing conferences in the Rocky Mountain region and among the most respected venture conferences in the country. Creating a dynamic marketplace for ideas and investment, each year both editions of VCIR invite 35 to 40 companies seeking investment to present to panels of venture investors, as well as an audience of other entrepreneurs, CEOs and professionals servicing the venture community. More information can be found at www.vcirwinter.com or www.vcirfall.com.
SYS-CON Events announced today that AgilePoint, the leading provider of Microsoft-centric Business Process Management software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 2nd International @ThingsExpo which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. AgilePoint is the leading provider of Microsoft-based Business Process Management (BPM) software products, has 1,300+ on-premise and cloud deployments in 25+ countries and provides the same advanced BPM feature set as J2EE vendors like IBM and Appian for the Microsoft .NET native environment. AgilePoint customer...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,000
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to evolve the way the world does business; however, understanding how to apply it to your company can be a mystery. Most people struggle with understanding the potential business uses or tend to get caught up in the technology, resulting in solutions that fail to meet even minimum business goals. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO / President / Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., will show what is needed to leverage the IoT to transform your business. He will discuss opportunities and challenges ahead for the IoT from a market and tec...
Oct. 31, 2014 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,566
SYS-CON Events announced today that Utimaco will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Utimaco is a leading manufacturer of hardware based security solutions that provide the root of trust to keep cryptographic keys safe, secure critical digital infrastructures and protect high value data assets. Only Utimaco delivers a general-purpose hardware security module (HSM) as a customizable platform to easily integrate into existing software solutions, embed business logic and build s...
Oct. 31, 2014 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,914
One of the biggest challenges when developing connected devices is identifying user value and delivering it through successful user experiences. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mike Kuniavsky, Principal Scientist, Innovation Services at PARC, will describe an IoT-specific approach to user experience design that combines approaches from interaction design, industrial design and service design to create experiences that go beyond simple connected gadgets to create lasting, multi-device experiences grounded in people’s real needs and desires.
Oct. 31, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,789
SYS-CON Events announced today that TeleStax, the main sponsor of Mobicents, will exhibit at Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TeleStax provides Open Source Communications software and services that facilitate the shift from legacy SS7 based IN networks to IP based LTE and IMS networks hosted on private (on-premise), hybrid or public clouds. TeleStax products include Restcomm, JSLEE, SMSC Gateway, USSD Gateway, SS7 Resource Adaptors, SIP Servlets, Rich Multimedia Services, Presence Services/RCS, Diame...
Oct. 31, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,672
Samsung VP Jacopo Lenzi, who headed the company's recent SmartThings acquisition under the auspices of Samsung's Open Innovaction Center (OIC), answered a few questions we had about the deal. This interview was in conjunction with our interview with SmartThings CEO Alex Hawkinson. IoT Journal: SmartThings was developed in an open, standards-agnostic platform, and will now be part of Samsung's Open Innovation Center. Can you elaborate on your commitment to keep the platform open? Jacopo Lenzi: Samsung recognizes that true, accelerated innovation cannot be driven from one source, but requires a...
Oct. 31, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,367
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, will discuss how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money! Speaker Bio: Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, has spent 16 years as a marketing, product management, and busin...
Oct. 31, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,317
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, will address the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. How important are public, private, and hybrid cloud to the enterprise? How does one define Big Data? And how is the IoT tying all this together?
Oct. 31, 2014 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,979
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Oct. 31, 2014 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,651
SYS-CON Events announces a new pavilion on the Cloud Expo floor where WebRTC converges with the Internet of Things. Pavilion will showcase WebRTC and the Internet of Things. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices--computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors – connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades.
Oct. 30, 2014 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,207
The only place to be June 9-11 is Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo 2015 East at the Javits Center in New York City. Join us there as delegates from all over the world come to listen to and engage with speakers & sponsors from the leading Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data companies. Cloud Expo & @ThingsExpo are the leading events covering the booming market of Cloud Computing, IoT & Big Data for the enterprise. Speakers from all over the world will be hand-picked for their ability to explore the economic strategies that utility/cloud computing provides. Whether public, private, or in a hybrid form, clo...
Oct. 30, 2014 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,393
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in software-defined storage (SDS) purpose-built for Windows Servers and Hyper-V, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Gridstore™ is the leader in software-defined storage purpose built for virtualization that is designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Using its patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender effect and accelerate applications Gridsto...
Oct. 30, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,587
SYS-CON Events announced today that Red Hat, the world's leading provider of open source solutions, will exhibit at Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, a...
Oct. 30, 2014 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,079
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP’s Printing and Personal Systems Group, will discuss how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, senso...
Oct. 30, 2014 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,743
The Internet of Things (IoT) is making everything it touches smarter – smart devices, smart cars and smart cities. And lucky us, we’re just beginning to reap the benefits as we work toward a networked society. However, this technology-driven innovation is impacting more than just individuals. The IoT has an environmental impact as well, which brings us to the theme of this month’s #IoTuesday Twitter chat. The ability to remove inefficiencies through connected objects is driving change throughout every sector, including waste management. BigBelly Solar, located just outside of Boston, is trans...
Oct. 30, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,187
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, will examine three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective storage designed to handle the massive surge in back-end data in a world where timely analytics...
Oct. 30, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,606
Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley announced on Thursday its first 12 all-star speakers and sessions for its upcoming event, which will take place November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in California. @ThingsExpo, the first and largest IoT event in the world, debuted at the Javits Center in New York City in June 10-12, 2014 with over 6,000 delegates attending the conference. Among the first 12 announced world class speakers, IBM will present two highly popular IoT sessions, which will take place November 4-6, 2014 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, Calif...
Oct. 30, 2014 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,294
From a software development perspective IoT is about programming "things," about connecting them with each other or integrating them with existing applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Yakov Fain, co-founder of Farata Systems and SuranceBay, will show you how small IoT-enabled devices from multiple manufacturers can be integrated into the workflow of an enterprise application. This is a practical demo of building a framework and components in HTML/Java/Mobile technologies to serve as a platform that can integrate new devices as they become available on the market.
Oct. 29, 2014 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,079
SYS-CON Events announced today that O'Reilly Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An...
Oct. 29, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,635
SYS-CON Events announced today that Aria Systems, the recurring revenue expert, has been named "Bronze Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Aria Systems helps leading businesses connect their customers with the products and services they love. Industry leaders like Pitney Bowes, Experian, AAA NCNU, VMware, HootSuite and many others choose Aria to power their recurring revenue business and deliver exceptional experiences to their customers.
Oct. 29, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,130