|By PR Newswire||
|February 26, 2013 12:01 AM EST||
DALLAS, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* continues to deliver and implement mobile solutions for business and organizations domestically and internationally with the Advanced Mobility Solutions organization experiencing strong growth and customer traction.
AT&T saw 17% growth in smartphone sales and 139% growth in tablet sales to business customers from the end of Q4 2011 to the end of Q4 2012. With more businesses purchasing connected devices, businesses are also in turn reaping the benefits of mobile applications to empower their employees on the go.
"Instead of purchasing standalone applications, companies are looking for help in developing a mobile strategy, spanning mobile device management, application creation, bring-your-own-device solutions and security," said Chris Hill, Senior Vice President, Advanced Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions. "As of the end of 2012, more than 54,000 of AT&T business customers are using mobile solutions that go beyond devices and network services."
"The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Mobility Services, Q1 2013" report indicated AT&T in the Leader category noting, 'AT&T has strong end-to-end mobility services offerings, especially for buyers in healthcare, financial services, energy, manufacturing, retail and consumer packaged goods, public sector, travel, and hospitality. As a telecommunications provider, buyers will benefit from being able to get bundled services that stretch into device and network management1'.
MDM Customer Momentum
AT&T has also experienced strong traction with its mobile device management solutions (MDM), with a 140% year over year increase in MDM deals in 2012 compared with 2011. AT&T delivers carrier-agnostic solutions for multiple device operating systems spanning mobile applications, mobile device management and mobile workspace management.
The City of Redlands Police Department, located about 70 miles east of Los Angeles, California, uses AT&T MobileIron VSP (Virtual Smartphone Platform) to manage and deploy voice and data services for their mobile devices. The Department wanted to streamline communications to the field while reducing costs.
"There is no way to administer hundreds of smartphones and tablets for the department without using a management platform," said Travis Taniguchi, Criminologist for the City of Redlands Police Department. "The AT&T MobileIron VSP platform allows us to control access to our virtual private network, deploy the correct applications, and manage system updates. We have been able to significantly increase our efficiency – tasks that previously were done at headquarters can now be completed in the field, saving hours or even days of delay."
Avantair, an air travel company headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, introduced tablet computers equipped with ProntoForms™ from AT&T for on-board document access and data entry. Utilizing ProntoForms, the company quickly created dozens of electronic forms for pilots to use when they are on the ground. To help manage its data in a highly-secure fashion, Avantair chose MobileIron VSP from AT&T as its mobile IT platform. The tablets connect to their back-end systems, giving near real-time two-way transmission of flight information and operating updates. The solution cuts out wasted time and bulky paper piles, and it enhances the security of data while improving the invoicing workflow by weeks.
In a recent Current Analysis Global Managed Mobility Services Report2, AT&T was rated a "Leader", citing AT&T's ability to offer the most comprehensive portfolio of service, increased momentum and market maturity, and a well thought out vision and future service/product roadmap.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2013 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
1 "The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Mobility Services, Q1 2013, Analysis Of 13 Global Leaders' Capabilities And How They Stack Up", Forrester Research, Inc., February 15, 2013
2 2013 Current Analysis Global Managed Mobility Services Report, January 2013
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar