|By Business Wire||
|February 24, 2013 07:00 PM EST||
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) today announced the election of Randy Kilgore, Chief Revenue Officer of Tremor Video, to Chairman of the IAB Board of Directors. Kilgore succeeds Peter Naylor, Executive Vice President, Ad Sales, NBC News Digital, who served as Chairman of the Board of in 2012. Vivek Shah, Chief Executive Officer of Ziff Davis, Inc., has been selected to serve as the board’s new Vice Chair. In addition, IAB announced the election of 11 new members, joining the returning members.
“Working in concert with IAB members over the past year has been an important reminder of just how significant the organization is to the interactive advertising industry,” said Naylor. “As Chairman of the Board, I had the privilege of being a key part of initiatives, such as Making Measurement Make Sense (3MS), that will move the entire field forward. I am sure that Randy Kilgore, bringing with him a wealth of expertise and insights, will drive the momentum even further.”
“I look forward to taking on this new role with IAB, and ensuring that we continue to meet the changing needs of our members,” said Kilgore. “In a fast-paced industry that is constantly in flux with new digital technologies, it is vital that we come together to cut through the complexity to offer brand marketers the types of multiplatform opportunities that drive real world results.”
As Chairman, Kilgore will lead the IAB in the pursuit of its five objectives in 2013 — Shift Brand Dollars to Digital, Industry Professionalization & Promotion, Protect Consumer Privacy, Make Digital Easy to Buy & Sell, and Promote Mobile, Video, Multi-Screen Advertising.
The new members of the board are:
- Greg Clayman, Executive Vice President, Digital Strategy, NewsCorp
- Curt Hecht, Chief Global Revenue Officer, The Weather Company
- Mark Howard, Senior Vice President, Digital Advertising Sales, Forbes Media
- Cella Irvine, CEO, Vibrant
- Eric Johnson, Executive Vice President, Global Multimedia Sales, ESPN
- Neal Mohan, Vice President, Display Advertising, Google
- Mike Peralta, CEO, AudienceScience
- Tad Smith, President, Local Media, Cablevision
- John Trimble, Chief Revenue Officer, Pandora
- Jacob Weisberg, Chairman, Slate
- Mike Welch, President, AT&T AdWorks
The returning board members are:
- Joe Apprendi, CEO, Collective
- Tom Arrix, Vice President, U.S. Sales, Facebook
- Ned Brody, CEO, AOL
- Paul Caine, Executive Vice President, Chief Revenue Officer and Group President, Advertising, Time, Inc.
- Jean-Paul Colaco, Senior Vice President, Advertising, Hulu
- Kevin Conroy President of Interactive, Enterprises, Marketing and Research, Univision Communications, Inc.
- Henrique de Castro, COO, Yahoo!
- Jory Des Jardins, Co-Founder, President, Strategic Alliances, BlogHer
- Joan Gillman, Executive Vice President and CEO, Time Warner Cable
- Walker Jacobs, Executive Vice President, Turner Digital, Turner Broadcasting Inc.
- Mike Keriakos, President, Everyday Health
- Dave Madden, Senior Vice President, Global Media Sales, Electronic Arts
- David Morris, Chief Client Officer, CBS Interactive
- Paul Palmieri, President and CEO, Millennial Media
- Drew Schutte, Executive Vice President and Chief Integration Officer, Condé Nast
- Evan Sternschein, Executive Vice President, Discovery Communications
- Lisa Utzschneider, Vice President, Global Advertising Sales, Amazon.com
- Grant Whitmore, Vice President, Hearst Magazines Digital Media
“The IAB Board of Directors is a collection of some of the most innovative, forward-looking people in the digital marketing field,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. “I look forward to working with them to continue to elevate interactive advertising to its rightful place in the marketing mix and shape the future of our industry.”
The IAB Board of Directors Executive Committee includes:
- IAB President - Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB
- Chairman - Randy Kilgore, Chief Revenue Officer, Tremor Video
- Vice Chairman - Vivek Shah, CEO, Ziff Davis, Inc.
- Bob Carrigan, CEO, IDG Communications
- Leon Levitt, Vice President, Strategy, Cox Media Group
- David Moore, Chairman and CEO, 24/7 Media
- Peter Naylor, Executive Vice President, Ad Sales, NBC News Digital
- Bill Todd, President, ValueClick Media
- Rik van der Kooi, COO, Online Services Division, Microsoft Corporation
- Denise Warren, Senior Vice President and Chief Advertising Officer, The New York Times and NYTimes.com
Ex-Officio Board members include:
- Bruce Gordon, former Senior Vice President and CFO, Disney Interactive Media Group
- Rich Lefurgy, General Partner, Archer Advisors
- Joe Rosenbaum, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
The news was released at the sixth IAB Annual Leadership Meeting “Big Data & Big Ideas: Friends, Enemies, or Frenemies?,” which kicks off today at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix. The event brings together leaders of the marketing-media ecosystem to discuss, debate, and define the interplay between information, insights, inspiration, and ideas—and ultimately inform the future of the interactive advertising industry.
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar