|By Business Wire||
|February 24, 2013 06:12 PM EST||
- There are now more mobile-connected devices than people on earth. This creates an incredible opportunity for vendors and service companies, but at what cost?
- Everywhere we look, companies are tracking our whereabouts through the multiple devices we use to access the Internet, but at what point will consumers turn off?
- This debate will look at whether consumers are taking control when it comes to their online identity, or whether more transparency is necessary to enable consumers to do this.
- Mobile security is a serious threat in business, and AVG suggests many of the same principles should be applied to consumers to stop the wave of mobile breaches every month.
- With children as young as four frequently using mobile devices to access the internet, AVG believes education across multiple generations is necessary to reinforce that device security is as important as locking your front door.
|J.R. Smith is one of the foremost experts on the future of Information Technology, disruptive innovation as well as consumer privacy, rights, and dynamics, both within the United States and globally. He is the CEO of AVG Technologies, a multinational corporation recognized as one of the biggest players in the consumer security software market, uniquely positioned to spearhead innovation in the privacy and security industries thanks to the employment of some of the world’s leading experts in privacy, security and disruptive technologies. In February 2012, Smith led a successful public offering of AVG Technologies on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AVG).|
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 143 million active users as of September 30, 2012 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software. For more information please visit www.avg.com.
|Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:15 – 16.15|
|Mobile World Congress, Fira de Barcelona, Hall 8.0 Theatre District, Theatre A|
Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVGfree
- Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797
Mar. 5, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,729
Mar. 5, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,040
Mar. 5, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,187
Mar. 5, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,790
Mar. 5, 2015 03:15 AM EST Reads: 4,623
Mar. 5, 2015 02:45 AM EST Reads: 3,976
Mar. 5, 2015 02:30 AM EST Reads: 4,588
Mar. 5, 2015 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,288
Mar. 5, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,147
Mar. 5, 2015 01:30 AM EST Reads: 3,701
Mar. 5, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,650
Mar. 5, 2015 12:15 AM EST Reads: 3,807
Mar. 5, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 3,138
Mar. 4, 2015 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,925
Mar. 4, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,071
Mar. 4, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,030
Mar. 4, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 507
Mar. 4, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,019
Mar. 4, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,534
Mar. 4, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,569