|By PR Newswire||
|February 20, 2013 02:26 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) announced today that former Vice President Al Gore will be the featured guest on an upcoming installment of SiriusXM's "Town Hall" series, intimate gatherings with iconic leaders, newsmakers and entertainers sitting down with a studio audience of SiriusXM listeners.
SiriusXM's "Town Hall with Al Gore" will take place at SiriusXM's New York City studios and air on Thursday, February 28 at 9:00 pm ET on progressive talk channel SiriusXM Left, channel 127.
Throughout the hour-long special, hosted by Ari Rabin-Havt – host of SiriusXM's The Agenda, Senior Advisor to Media Matters and a leading voice in progressive politics – Gore will take a variety of questions from the audience and discuss his new book – The Future: Six Drivers of Global Change – his Nobel Peace Prize-winning efforts to inform the world of the dangers posed by climate change and his time serving as the forty-fifth Vice President of the United States.
Encore presentations of SiriusXM's "Town Hall with Al Gore" will air on March 2 at 1:00 pm, March 2 at 8:00 pm, March 3 at 4:00 pm and 9:00 pm on SiriusXM Left; March 4 at 3:00 pm, March 7 at 10:00 pm and March 9 at 8:00 pm on SiriusXM Book Radio, channel 80; and March 2 at 10:00 am, 4:00 pm and 10:00 pm and March 5 at 5:00 pm and 10:00 pm on non-partisan political talk channel SiriusXM P.O.T.U.S., channel 124 (all times ET).
"SiriusXM's Town Hall with Al Gore" will be available on SiriusXM On Demand for subscribers listening via the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and other mobile devices or online at siriusxm.com. Visit www.siriusxm.com/ondemand for more information.
Gore is co-founder and chairman of Generation Investment Management, a partnership that is focused on a new approach to sustainable investing. In addition, he is a senior partner of the venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers and a member of the board of directors of Apple, Inc. Gore spends the majority of his time as chairman of The Climate Reality Project, a non-profit focused on solutions to the climate crisis. He is the author of the bestsellers Earth in the Balance, An Inconvenient Truth, The Assault on Reason, and Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis. He is the subject of the Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth and is the co-recipient, with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize.
Rabin-Havt, host of SiriusXM Left's The Agenda, is CEO of the American Independent News Network and is on the faculty of the George Washington University Graduate School of Political Management. He is co-author of The Fox Effect: How Roger Ailes Turned a Network into a Propaganda Machine and has served as an adviser to Gore, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and the Democratic National Committee. In addition, he worked on Secretary of State John Kerry's presidential campaign.
Previous SiriusXM "Town Hall" specials have featured Bruce Springsteen, Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Quentin Tarantino, Tony Bennett, Oliver Stone, Carol Burnett, Tom Petty, KISS, Coldplay, Ringo Starr, Roger Waters, the surviving members of Nirvana, Renee Fleming, Gregg Allman, Usher, Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski and Tony Hawk among others.
Visit www.siriusxm.com/townhall to see video clips and learn more about SiriusXM's "Town Hall" series.
About Sirius XM Radio
Sirius XM Radio Inc. is the world's largest radio broadcaster measured by revenue and has 24 million subscribers. SiriusXM creates and broadcasts commercial-free music; premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; exclusive talk and entertainment; and the most comprehensive Latin music, sports and talk programming in radio. SiriusXM is available in vehicles from every major car company in the U.S., from retailers nationwide, and online at siriusxm.com. SiriusXM programming is also available through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for Android, Apple, and BlackBerry smartphones and other connected devices. SiriusXM also holds a minority interest in SiriusXM Canada which has more than 2 million subscribers.
On social media, join the SiriusXM community on Facebook, facebook.com/siriusxm, Twitter, twitter.com/siriusxm, Instagram, instagram.com/siriusxm and YouTube at youtube.com/siriusxm.
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "believe," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control. Actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statements: our competitive position versus other forms of radio and audio services; our dependence upon automakers; general economic conditions; failure of our satellites, which, in most cases, are not insured; our ability to attract and retain subscribers at a profitable level; royalties we pay for music rights: our ability to attract and retain qualified executive officers; the unfavorable outcome of pending or future litigation; rapid technological and industry change; failure of third parties to perform; changes in consumer protection laws and their enforcement; and our substantial indebtedness. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012, which is filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and we disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
Contact for SiriusXM:
SOURCE Sirius XM Radio
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- Misconceptions Around App Testing in the Private Cloud
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar