|By Marketwired .||
|February 14, 2013 04:00 PM EST||
AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- Menlo Worldwide Logistics (Menlo) is the global logistics subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW) providing supply chain management services to a variety of manufacturing and retail industries. Menlo's recent growth in the healthcare sector and, in particular in the supply chain management of medical devices has been further confirmed by the contract signing for logistics service provision in Europe to specialist defibrillator manufacturer, Physio Control.
Physio Control, owned by private equity company Bain Capital, is the world leader in the development, manufacturing, sale and service of external defibrillators, monitors and emergency medical response products. It supplies tools of the highest quality to help clinicians and emergency responders throughout the world.
Menlo will utilise its multi-user facility in Maastricht (Netherlands) to manage and stage Physio Control's inbound inventory for Europe, coming chiefly from the US. At the Maastricht Logistics Centre Menlo will then carry-out light assembly work, managing warehouse services and fulfilling orders for delivery throughout Europe. The facility is a focus for Menlo's particular propensity to process medical devices and the skill-sets especially required to manage such complex supply chains.
Physio Control's Director, CPR Products Operations/EMEA Supply Chain, Project Lead Paul Rasmusson commented on the arrangement, "Menlo's multi-user option at Maastricht played a large part in our decision. We foresee significant cost-savings resulting from the flexibility this facility affords. Menlo is also reassuringly reactive to our changing supply chain needs, a consequence I believe of their commitment to continuous improvement inherent in the Lean philosophy that runs throughout the organization." The need for precision in delivery performance and efficiency throughout its supply chain is self-evident with products of this nature and Menlo's track record in handling medical devices and other healthcare products was a primary reason for Physio Control to choose the logistics supplier for its European distribution and transport management, commented Mr. Rasmusson.
Menlo's service provision also includes Physio Control staff embedded in the Menlo operation to ensure the most efficient of client-supplier communication and rapid response to the challenging dynamics of the market.
In welcoming the expansion in Menlo business in the sector, Managing Director Europe, Tony Gunn, said, "The medical device market has many demanding facets. We feel that Menlo's particular culture of a long-term approach to customer relationships and our ability to adapt to their changing needs is particularly relevant to this sector. What we are able to provide for Physio Control at Maastricht is not a just a state-of-the art facility but the opportunity to plug straight into established competencies and infrastructure without undue investment -- and that is what 3PL benefits are all about," he added.
About Menlo Worldwide Logistics Europe
In Europe Menlo Worldwide Logistics maintains seventeen dedicated and multi-client logistics centers located in the Netherlands, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany and the United Kingdom. This warehouse network can serve as pan-European distribution solution using one or several facilities.
Supply chain and transport management solutions as well as 3PL, warehousing and distribution services are offered to a variety of vertical industry sectors including: fashion & apparel; healthcare and medical equipment; hi-tech electronic and data network equipment; automotive; defence and government services and retail e-fulfilment.
The European headquarters is at the multi-client Amsterdam Distribution Centre in The Netherlands.
About Menlo Worldwide Logistics
Menlo Worldwide Logistics, LLC, is a US$1.6 billion global provider of logistics, transportation management and supply chain services with operations in five continents, including North America. As a third-party logistics provider, San Mateo, Calif.-based Menlo Worldwide Logistics' services range from dedicated contract logistics to warehouse and distribution management, transportation management, supply chain reengineering and other value-added services including packaging, kitting, order fulfilment and light assembly through a strategic network of multi-client and dedicated facilities. With more than 17 million square feet of dedicated warehouse space in North America, the Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America, and industry-leading technologies, Menlo Worldwide Logistics creates effective, integrated solutions for the transportation and distribution needs of leading businesses around the world.
Menlo Worldwide Logistics, LLC, is a subsidiary of Con-way Inc. (NYSE: CNW), a $5.3 billion diversified freight transportation and logistics company. For more information, please visit us on the Web at www.con-way.com. Follow Menlo Worldwide Logistics on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MenloLogistics
Distributed by ISIS Communications
An archive of all Menlo Worldwide Logistics news releases and photographs is available from the ISIS Communications Press Room at www.isiscomms.com
Tel: +44 (0) 1737 248300
Mobile: +44 (0) 7710 991531
Email: pet[email protected]
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar