|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 03:52 PM EST||
Rick Bayless, Anne Burrell, Cat Cora, Marc Murphy, Marcus Samuelsson, Aaron Sanchez Among Celeb Chefs
CHICAGO, Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Restaurant Association today announced that celebrity chefs from across the country - including Top Chef Masters winner Rick Bayless, Iron Chef's Cat Cora and judges Maneet Chauhan, Marcus Samuelsson, Marc Murphy and Aaron Sanchez of Food Network's hit show Chopped will perform live on the World Culinary Showcase stage at the 2013 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show. NRA Show 2013 will take place May 18-21 at Chicago's McCormick Place.
The World Culinary Showcase cooking demonstration theater is the focal point where some of the country's top chefs will show their mastery live, featuring today's hottest menu trends, including the latest in healthful options, local sourcing, molecular gastronomy, gluten-free alternatives, high-profit commodities and jaw-dropping creativity.
"We look forward to welcoming some of the world's most celebrated culinary artists to NRA Show 2013's World Culinary Showcase. As highly successful restaurateurs, these chefs serve as inspiration not only to television audiences from coast to coast, but also to fellow industry professionals," said Jeffery W. Davis, Convention Chair for NRA Show 2013 and CEO of the United States Beef Corporation. "Throughout all four days of whirlwind energy and excitement at the NRA Show, these culinary masters will provide attendees with tips, techniques and recipe ideas that are sure to please every restaurant guest."
Participating celebrity chefs in the World Culinary Showcase will include:
Rick Bayless – Winner of Top Chef Masters, multiple James Beard Foundation awards, chef/owner of Chicago-based Frontera, Xoco and Topolobampo restaurants, author of countless cookbook classics.
Anne Burrell – With her trademark spiky blond hair and pumped-up personality, Anne Burrell has been sharing her passion for food and cooking with America and isn't slowing down. Not only has she worked at some of the top restaurants in New York and studied the culinary traditions of Italy, she also stars in Food Network favorites such as Chef Wanted, Worst Cooks in America and Secrets of a Restaurant Chef. Burrell has battled alongside Mario Batali as his sous chef on Iron Chef America and is a New York Times best-selling author with her cookbook "Cook Like a Rock Star."
Homaro Cantu – Chef and owner of moto and iNG restaurants. Cantu opened iNG in 2011 and has created the world's only restaurant offering flavor-changing experiences. iNG has already been the subject of more than 200 articles, including a recent spot on ABC World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer where she described the flavor changing experience as "something that will change the world of gastronomy forever."
Maneet Chauhan – Chopped judge, Iron Chef challenger and James Beard Award winner, Chef Chauhan is currently celebrating the release of her book 'World on My Plate' and her soon-to-be-opened Nashville, TN restaurant. An active supporter of various charities such as CRY (Child Rights and You) and the Make a Wish Foundation, Chef Chauhan is highly devoted to giving back to the community that has given her so much.
Cat Cora – First and only female Iron Chef, first female inducted into the American Academy of Chefs® Culinary Hall of Fame, culinary mastermind behind six restaurant properties, Executive Editor for Bon Appetit magazine, accomplished television host, author of three successful cookbooks, and founder of Chefs for Humanity.
Mike Isabella – Washington, D.C.-based chef/owner of Graffiato and the soon-to-open Kapnos and G, named "the People's Best New Chef, Mid-Atlantic Region" by FOOD & WINE magazine, two time contestant on Top Chef, which included a runner-up spot on Top Chef All-Stars. He is also a member of the American Chef Corps, a network of chefs from across the United States who serve as resources to the Department of State.
Marc Murphy – Executive Chef + Owner of Benchmarc Restaurants (Landmarc +Ditch Plains) and Benchmarc Events in New York City. He is a judge on Food Network's Chopped and has made appearances on Iron Chef America, Unique Eats, and the Best Thing I Ever Made among others. He is a member of the Leadership Council for Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry® campaign and official spokesperson for Share Our Strength's Dine Out For No Kid Hungry™ program. In addition, he is Vice President of the Manhattan Chapter of the New York State Restaurant Association.
Marcus Samuelsson – Marcus Samuelsson is an internationally acclaimed chef, restaurateur, and author. He caught the attention of the culinary world when he became the youngest person to receive a three-star rating from the New York Times. In 2009, Marcus was honored as guest chef at the White House, where he planned and executed the Obama administration's first state dinner. His memoir, Yes, Chef, is a bestseller, and his restaurant, Red Rooster Harlem, has received countless accolades.
Aaron Sanchez – Aaron Sanchez learned his culinary craft in his mother's kitchen as a young boy. By age 16, his culinary capability earned him an apprenticeship with world-renowned chef Paul Prudhomme. Aaron is the chef/owner of Mestizo Leawood and the culinary visionary behind Tacombi and Crossroads at House of Blues. He's also well-known on the culinary screen for starring in series such as Food Network's Chopped, and Utilisima's Aaron Loves NY and MOTOCHEFS.
Many of the chefs will also be doing book signings after their demonstrations at scheduled times in the Celebrity Book Signings area, including Bayless, Burrell, Cantu, Chauhan, Cora, Isabella, Samuelsson and Sanchez. For a full schedule of the World Culinary Showcase and Celebrity Book Signings, visit Restaurant.org/Show.
The annual National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show is the largest single gathering of restaurant, foodservice and lodging professionals. NRA Show 2013 will be held May 18-21 at McCormick Place in Chicago, and the 2013 International Wine, Spirits & Beer Event held in conjunction with the NRA Show will take place May 19-20. The events attract 61,000+ attendees and visitors from all 50 states and 100+ countries, and showcases the latest products, services, innovative ideas, up-to-the-minute information about trends and issues and more growth opportunities than any other industry event. For more information, visit the Show and IWSB websites at Restaurant.org/Show and WineSpiritsBeer.org, and find the NRA Show on Twitter @NRAShow, Facebook, YouTube and its widely read NRA Show blog.
Founded in 1919, the National Restaurant Association is the leading business association for the restaurant industry, which comprises 980,000 restaurant and foodservice outlets and a workforce of more than 13 million employees. We represent the industry in Washington, D.C., and advocate on its behalf. We operate the industry's largest trade show (NRA Show May 18-21, 2013, in Chicago); leading food safety training and certification program (ServSafe); unique career-building high school program (the NRAEF's ProStart, including the National ProStart Invitational April 19-21, 2013, in Baltimore, Md.); as well as the Kids LiveWell program promoting healthful kids' menu options. For more information, visit www.restaurant.org and find us on Twitter @WeRRestaurants, Facebook and YouTube.
SOURCE National Restaurant Association
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- April and May 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Practical WebRTC: From API to Solution
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar