|By Marketwired .||
|February 12, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/12/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle announced today that Oracle's PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack (SAIP) v9.0 has become the first student information system (SIS) to achieve official conformance certification with IMS Global Learning Consortium's Learning Information Services (LIS) v2.0 Beta 1 specification.
- The IMS Global LIS v2.0 Beta 1 specification certification tests are the first of its kind in providing third party vendor-neutral certification to open standards. Products that are certified to the LIS standards enable higher education institutions to reduce costs and complexity as they manage the exchange of information between student information systems and learning management systems (LMS). The LIS specification provides the industry with a definable yard stick to measure learning system interoperability.
- IMS Global granted PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack v9.0 conformance certification upon completion of the final testing set forth by the LIS working group which consists of higher education institutions, vendors and partners who have provided feedback and support during LIS v2.0 specification development. Oracle has been an active member since the group's inception and holds multiple leadership positions.
- PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack, part of Oracle's Academic Enterprise Solutions suite, provides an open, standards-based integration enabling higher education institutions to efficiently integrate and manage their various administrative and educational systems - streamlining business processes and decreasing implementation and maintenance costs for a greater return on investment (ROI).
- By achieving LIS conformance certification, IMS Global has validated that PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack provides out-of-the-box integration between PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and major vendor-supplied and open source learning management systems that also conform to LIS specification.
- Since releasing PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack in 2009, Oracle has issued several major updates to the product based on the evolving LIS specification and feedback from customers and partners in the LIS working group -- ensuring the product met the latest industry standards.
- IMS Global provides a neutral, members-based forum that enables higher education leaders -- including hardware and software vendors, educational institutions, publishers, government agencies, systems integrators, multimedia content providers and other consortia -- to come together to advocate the use of technology to support and transform education and learning.
- "IMS Global Learning Consortium is excited to announce that Oracle is the first SIS vendor to obtain LIS conformance. Oracle has provided leadership and guidance throughout the specification process and shares in our goal of increasing flexibility, simplifying system deployment and improving system performance with universal learning system interoperability. We look forward to seeing other vendors follow Oracle's lead and reach conformance," said Dr. Rob Abel, chief executive officer, IMS Global Learning Consortium.
- "The IMS Global LIS v2.0 specification encourages the industry to turn integration from a complex customization into a utility -- increasing system stability and performance," said Mark Armstrong, vice president, higher education product development, Oracle, and member of board of directors, IMS Global Learning Consortium. "Conformance confirms Oracle's longstanding commitment to system interoperability, and we are pleased to provide our higher education customers with an industry-leading SIS backed by IMS Global Learning Consortium's conformance certification stamp."
- Oracle in Higher Education
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Oracle Higher Education on Facebook
- Oracle Higher Education on Diigo
About IMS Global Learning Consortium (IMS Global)
IMS Global, www.imsglobal.org, is a nonprofit organization that advances technology that can affordably scale and improve educational participation and attainment. IMS members are leading suppliers, institutions and government organizations that are enabling the future of education by collaborating on interoperability and adoption initiatives. IMS sponsors Learning Impact: A global awards program and conference to recognize the impact of innovative technology on educational access, affordability and quality.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the education and research industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,534
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 543
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,155
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 359
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,947
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,576
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,518
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,338
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,875
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,179
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,143
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,959
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,169
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,626
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 26, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,817
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 26, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 11,537
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,075
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,436
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Oct. 26, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,575
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 26, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,058