|By Marketwired .||
|February 12, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/12/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle announced today that Oracle's PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack (SAIP) v9.0 has become the first student information system (SIS) to achieve official conformance certification with IMS Global Learning Consortium's Learning Information Services (LIS) v2.0 Beta 1 specification.
- The IMS Global LIS v2.0 Beta 1 specification certification tests are the first of its kind in providing third party vendor-neutral certification to open standards. Products that are certified to the LIS standards enable higher education institutions to reduce costs and complexity as they manage the exchange of information between student information systems and learning management systems (LMS). The LIS specification provides the industry with a definable yard stick to measure learning system interoperability.
- IMS Global granted PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack v9.0 conformance certification upon completion of the final testing set forth by the LIS working group which consists of higher education institutions, vendors and partners who have provided feedback and support during LIS v2.0 specification development. Oracle has been an active member since the group's inception and holds multiple leadership positions.
- PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack, part of Oracle's Academic Enterprise Solutions suite, provides an open, standards-based integration enabling higher education institutions to efficiently integrate and manage their various administrative and educational systems - streamlining business processes and decreasing implementation and maintenance costs for a greater return on investment (ROI).
- By achieving LIS conformance certification, IMS Global has validated that PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack provides out-of-the-box integration between PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and major vendor-supplied and open source learning management systems that also conform to LIS specification.
- Since releasing PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack in 2009, Oracle has issued several major updates to the product based on the evolving LIS specification and feedback from customers and partners in the LIS working group -- ensuring the product met the latest industry standards.
- IMS Global provides a neutral, members-based forum that enables higher education leaders -- including hardware and software vendors, educational institutions, publishers, government agencies, systems integrators, multimedia content providers and other consortia -- to come together to advocate the use of technology to support and transform education and learning.
- "IMS Global Learning Consortium is excited to announce that Oracle is the first SIS vendor to obtain LIS conformance. Oracle has provided leadership and guidance throughout the specification process and shares in our goal of increasing flexibility, simplifying system deployment and improving system performance with universal learning system interoperability. We look forward to seeing other vendors follow Oracle's lead and reach conformance," said Dr. Rob Abel, chief executive officer, IMS Global Learning Consortium.
- "The IMS Global LIS v2.0 specification encourages the industry to turn integration from a complex customization into a utility -- increasing system stability and performance," said Mark Armstrong, vice president, higher education product development, Oracle, and member of board of directors, IMS Global Learning Consortium. "Conformance confirms Oracle's longstanding commitment to system interoperability, and we are pleased to provide our higher education customers with an industry-leading SIS backed by IMS Global Learning Consortium's conformance certification stamp."
- Oracle in Higher Education
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Student Administration Integration Pack
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- Oracle Higher Education on Facebook
- Oracle Higher Education on Diigo
About IMS Global Learning Consortium (IMS Global)
IMS Global, www.imsglobal.org, is a nonprofit organization that advances technology that can affordably scale and improve educational participation and attainment. IMS members are leading suppliers, institutions and government organizations that are enabling the future of education by collaborating on interoperability and adoption initiatives. IMS sponsors Learning Impact: A global awards program and conference to recognize the impact of innovative technology on educational access, affordability and quality.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the education and research industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Sep. 30, 2016 07:37 AM EDT
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:30 AM EDT
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,241
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,267
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,465
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 30, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,261
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,284
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,885
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,721
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,411
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 674
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,925
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,245
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,091
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,757
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,633
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,946
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,461
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,642
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,088