|By PR Newswire||
|February 12, 2013 12:19 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2013 takes an unprecedented journey to all seven continents, delivering fashion, beauty and earth's most exotic destinations across print, tablet, mobile, web and television. Available on newsstands and on digital platforms now, the story of breathtaking SI Swimsuit models in equally beautiful locations around the world, including the red-hot cover shot of Kate Upton in Antarctica, provides fans access to over 650 high resolution images and more than two hours of high definition video.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/60110-2013-sports-illustrated-si-swimsuit-issue
Upton, a 20-year-old Melbourne, Fla. native, is the first back-to-back SI Swimsuit model to appear on the cover since Tyra Banks (1996, 1997) and joins Elle Macpherson (1986, 1987, 1988), Christie Brinkley (1980, 1981) and Paulina Porizkova (1984, 1985) in the elite group of women who've appeared by themselves on the coveted cover in back-to-back years.
"Kate Upton joins the legacy of repeat cover models that have risen to international stardom from appearing on the cover of our iconic brand," said MJ Day, senior editor of SI Swimsuit. "Adding to her legacy is the historic nature of SI Swimsuit 2013—we shot on all seven continents, including the first ever fashion shoot in Antarctica, where the beautiful images of Kate transcend photography, making it a great choice for the cover and all of the digital Swimsuit platforms."
The 220-page magazine features spreads of Swimsuit models in all seven continents, including four new Swimsuit model rookies, body paint in the Bahamas and four world class athletes. The magazine also includes essays on each of the exotic locations by SI editors and writers.
New for the SI Swimsuit multiplatform effort include: a tablet edition and mobile app with more than 150 high resolution photos and over 75 high definition videos; a rebuilt website with a fully liquid homepage and supercharged with scrollable photo galleries and videos from each location shoot; Swim Daily, a new daily destination for Swimsuit news, photos, interviews and videos; a live show on Si.com leading up to a spectacular live projection mapping event; three Google+ Hangouts; and a Travel Channel special on Feb. 17 at 8:00 p.m.
A breakdown of SI Swimsuit multiplatform content:
- Tablet: Available to download on major tablets and free to current SI subscribers, the tablet edition features all of the magazine content, plus 360-degree body painting, and over 75 videos, including three up-close videos of each of the 17 models and video features from all seven continents.
- Mobile App: The newest app features pinch and zoom for all photos, 360-degree body painting, Swim IQ (the guess-the-model trivia game, which will allow users to earn points and unlock videos and photos), and is airplay enabled. Fans can update the 2012 app or download for free in iTunes. And if that's not enough, users can upgrade to the premium app at si.com/mobile to unlock all of the 2013 pictures and videos.
- Website – www.si.com/swimsuit: The newly rebuilt SI Swimsuit website features images from each location shoot and more than 75 videos that take you behind the scenes with the models. Fans can vote for their favorite rookie model at SI.com/rookies and win a chance to accompany a crew on a forthcoming Swimsuit photo shoot at si.com/swimsweeps.
- www.SwimDaily.com: A new daily online destination for non-stop news, photos, interviews and videos throughout the year. SwimDaily will have daily content from models, behind-the-scenes stories from the hard-working editorial team, exclusive interviews, an always-updating Instagram feed powered by the girls themselves, and more.
- SI Swimsuit 2013 Live on SI.com: Swimsuit model Chrissy Teigen and SportsIllustrated.com managing editor Matt Bean will host a live show at 10:00 p.m. ET Wednesday, Feb. 13 powered by Lexus featuring model interviews, clips from the upcoming Travel Channel behind-the-scenes show, sit-downs with creative director Chris Hercik and senior Swim editor MJ Day, and more. The climax: a live stream of the Swimsuit projection mapping event on February 13 at 11 p.m., where a Swimsuit sizzle reel will be beamed on the facade of Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas.
- Social Media: The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit launch is fully interactive. On Twitter check out @SI_Swimsuit and follow the hash tag #WhereIswim; become a fan on Facebook (Facebook.com/SISwimsuit) follow on Instagram; and participate in three Google+ hangouts at plus.google.com/+SISwimsuit:
- Feb. 12: 2:30p.m. ET- Meet Swimsuit Editors MJ Day and Darcie Baum (NYC)
- Feb. 13: 7:30p.m. ET- Meet this year's Swimsuit Rookies with host Chris Mannix (Las Vegas)
- Feb. 14: 6:00p.m. ET- Spend Valentine's Day with Kate Upton and Katherine Webb with host MJ Day (Las Vegas)
- Television: To find out what is was like to visit every continent, fans can tune into a TV special "The Making of Swimsuit 2013: 7 Continents, 17 Wonders," which premieres Feb. 17 at 8 p.m. on the Travel Channel
The locations and models for Swimsuit 2013 included:
- Antarctica: Kate Upton (3rd Swimsuit Appearance)
- Australia: Genevieve Morton (4), Alyssa Miller (3), Nina Agdal (2), and Natasha Barnard (Rookie)
- Chile: Chrissy Teigen (4), Jessica Perez (2) and Kate Bock (Rookie)
- China: Anne V (9), Jessica Gomes (6) and Hannah Davis (Rookie)
- Namibia: Cintia Dicker (5), Adaora (2), and Emily Didonato (Rookie)
- Spain: Irina Shayk (2011 cover model and 7th appearance), Julie Henderson (7), and Ariel Meredith (3)
Kate Upton, Anne V, Chrissy Teigen, Alyssa Miller, Ariel Meredith and Nina Agdal are also featured in recreations of classic Swimsuit covers in the famous body paint section, which was shot on the sandy beaches of the Bahamas.
Overnight sensation Katherine Webb, making her first SI Swimsuit appearance, was shot in New York City. In addition, this year's Swimsuit continues the tradition of featuring world class athletes, as pro surfer Alana Blanchard, Australian hurdler Michelle Jenneke and Dutch field hockey players Eva De Goede and Ellen Hoog were photographed in Las Vegas.
Sports Illustrated will launch the 2013 issue with a destination-wide celebration February 12 to February 15. The Launch week schedule includes:
- SI Swimsuit Launch Party hosted by Crimson in New York City: A party for SI Swimsuit partners, media and VIP guests to be attended by the 2013 Swimsuit models prior to jetting off to Las Vegas. Celebration begins at 5:00 p.m. on Feb. 12.
- SI Swimsuit Live Projection Mapping Event hosted by Caesar's Palace: If you're near Caesar's Palace (or a computer) on Feb. 13 at 11 p.m. Eastern, prepare to have your mind blown. An SI Swimsuit sizzle reel will be beamed onto the hotel's facade, which will—thanks to the magic of projection mapping—be animated in 3-D. If you're not in Las Vegas, the event will be streamed live at SI.com/swimprojection, as well as people.com, ew.com and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit YouTube channel.
- SI Swimsuit on Location hosted by MARQUEE Nightclub at The Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas: The SI Swimsuit launch week event will feature the 2013 Swimsuit models and bring to life all of the beautiful and exotic shoot locations from the 2013 SI Swimsuit issue in a marquee and exclusive nightclub setting. Event begins at 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 13.
- Club SI Swimsuit hosted by 1OAK Nightclub at The Mirage, Las Vegas: This annual event features a main stage reveal of the 2013 Swimsuit models, and a super powered performance from an A-list performer. Club SI Swimsuit begins at 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 14.
- SI Swimsuit Overtime hosted by The Bank Nightclub at Bellagio, Las Vegas: This by-invitation-only event is the final celebration of Swimsuit launch week in Las Vegas. The event begins at midnight on Feb. 15.
ABOUT SPORTS ILLUSTRATED SWIMSUIT
The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit (www.SI.com/swimsuit) franchise reaches more than 62 million people annually, and more men 18 to 34 than the Super Bowl. The iconic franchise now spans more than 20 product extensions in digital social, broadcast, publishing, mobile and consumer products, along with supporting a vibrant experiential marketing business. Since debuting in 1964 Swimsuit has become a pop-culture phenomenon and an established launching pad for successful careers in TV, fashion, business and film including those of Kathy Ireland, Cheryl Tiegs, Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum. All of Swimsuit's product extensions are built upon a heritage of amazing photography and footage of gorgeous models and athletes from the most exotic locations in the world.
SOURCE Sports Illustrated
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 743
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 5, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 684
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 325
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 5, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 317
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 5, 2016 12:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 5, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 510
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EST
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 5, 2016 10:00 AM EST
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 297
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 5, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 304
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 2, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 388
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Feb. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 819
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless...
Feb. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 898
The IoT's basic concept of collecting data from as many sources possible to drive better decision making, create process innovation and realize additional revenue has been in use at large enterprises with deep pockets for decades. So what has changed? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Prasanna Sivaramakrishnan, Solutions Architect at Red Hat, discussed the impact commodity hardware, ubiquitous connectivity, and innovations in open source software are having on the connected universe of people, thi...
Jan. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 697
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Jan. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,120
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, showed how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants received the download information, scripts, and complete end-t...
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,178
For manufacturers, the Internet of Things (IoT) represents a jumping-off point for innovation, jobs, and revenue creation. But to adequately seize the opportunity, manufacturers must design devices that are interconnected, can continually sense their environment and process huge amounts of data. As a first step, manufacturers must embrace a new product development ecosystem in order to support these products.
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 773
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, discussed how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the dat...
Jan. 30, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 740
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Jan. 30, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,242