|By PR Newswire||
|February 12, 2013 12:19 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Feb. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2013 takes an unprecedented journey to all seven continents, delivering fashion, beauty and earth's most exotic destinations across print, tablet, mobile, web and television. Available on newsstands and on digital platforms now, the story of breathtaking SI Swimsuit models in equally beautiful locations around the world, including the red-hot cover shot of Kate Upton in Antarctica, provides fans access to over 650 high resolution images and more than two hours of high definition video.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/60110-2013-sports-illustrated-si-swimsuit-issue
Upton, a 20-year-old Melbourne, Fla. native, is the first back-to-back SI Swimsuit model to appear on the cover since Tyra Banks (1996, 1997) and joins Elle Macpherson (1986, 1987, 1988), Christie Brinkley (1980, 1981) and Paulina Porizkova (1984, 1985) in the elite group of women who've appeared by themselves on the coveted cover in back-to-back years.
"Kate Upton joins the legacy of repeat cover models that have risen to international stardom from appearing on the cover of our iconic brand," said MJ Day, senior editor of SI Swimsuit. "Adding to her legacy is the historic nature of SI Swimsuit 2013—we shot on all seven continents, including the first ever fashion shoot in Antarctica, where the beautiful images of Kate transcend photography, making it a great choice for the cover and all of the digital Swimsuit platforms."
The 220-page magazine features spreads of Swimsuit models in all seven continents, including four new Swimsuit model rookies, body paint in the Bahamas and four world class athletes. The magazine also includes essays on each of the exotic locations by SI editors and writers.
New for the SI Swimsuit multiplatform effort include: a tablet edition and mobile app with more than 150 high resolution photos and over 75 high definition videos; a rebuilt website with a fully liquid homepage and supercharged with scrollable photo galleries and videos from each location shoot; Swim Daily, a new daily destination for Swimsuit news, photos, interviews and videos; a live show on Si.com leading up to a spectacular live projection mapping event; three Google+ Hangouts; and a Travel Channel special on Feb. 17 at 8:00 p.m.
A breakdown of SI Swimsuit multiplatform content:
- Tablet: Available to download on major tablets and free to current SI subscribers, the tablet edition features all of the magazine content, plus 360-degree body painting, and over 75 videos, including three up-close videos of each of the 17 models and video features from all seven continents.
- Mobile App: The newest app features pinch and zoom for all photos, 360-degree body painting, Swim IQ (the guess-the-model trivia game, which will allow users to earn points and unlock videos and photos), and is airplay enabled. Fans can update the 2012 app or download for free in iTunes. And if that's not enough, users can upgrade to the premium app at si.com/mobile to unlock all of the 2013 pictures and videos.
- Website – www.si.com/swimsuit: The newly rebuilt SI Swimsuit website features images from each location shoot and more than 75 videos that take you behind the scenes with the models. Fans can vote for their favorite rookie model at SI.com/rookies and win a chance to accompany a crew on a forthcoming Swimsuit photo shoot at si.com/swimsweeps.
- www.SwimDaily.com: A new daily online destination for non-stop news, photos, interviews and videos throughout the year. SwimDaily will have daily content from models, behind-the-scenes stories from the hard-working editorial team, exclusive interviews, an always-updating Instagram feed powered by the girls themselves, and more.
- SI Swimsuit 2013 Live on SI.com: Swimsuit model Chrissy Teigen and SportsIllustrated.com managing editor Matt Bean will host a live show at 10:00 p.m. ET Wednesday, Feb. 13 powered by Lexus featuring model interviews, clips from the upcoming Travel Channel behind-the-scenes show, sit-downs with creative director Chris Hercik and senior Swim editor MJ Day, and more. The climax: a live stream of the Swimsuit projection mapping event on February 13 at 11 p.m., where a Swimsuit sizzle reel will be beamed on the facade of Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas.
- Social Media: The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit launch is fully interactive. On Twitter check out @SI_Swimsuit and follow the hash tag #WhereIswim; become a fan on Facebook (Facebook.com/SISwimsuit) follow on Instagram; and participate in three Google+ hangouts at plus.google.com/+SISwimsuit:
- Feb. 12: 2:30p.m. ET- Meet Swimsuit Editors MJ Day and Darcie Baum (NYC)
- Feb. 13: 7:30p.m. ET- Meet this year's Swimsuit Rookies with host Chris Mannix (Las Vegas)
- Feb. 14: 6:00p.m. ET- Spend Valentine's Day with Kate Upton and Katherine Webb with host MJ Day (Las Vegas)
- Television: To find out what is was like to visit every continent, fans can tune into a TV special "The Making of Swimsuit 2013: 7 Continents, 17 Wonders," which premieres Feb. 17 at 8 p.m. on the Travel Channel
The locations and models for Swimsuit 2013 included:
- Antarctica: Kate Upton (3rd Swimsuit Appearance)
- Australia: Genevieve Morton (4), Alyssa Miller (3), Nina Agdal (2), and Natasha Barnard (Rookie)
- Chile: Chrissy Teigen (4), Jessica Perez (2) and Kate Bock (Rookie)
- China: Anne V (9), Jessica Gomes (6) and Hannah Davis (Rookie)
- Namibia: Cintia Dicker (5), Adaora (2), and Emily Didonato (Rookie)
- Spain: Irina Shayk (2011 cover model and 7th appearance), Julie Henderson (7), and Ariel Meredith (3)
Kate Upton, Anne V, Chrissy Teigen, Alyssa Miller, Ariel Meredith and Nina Agdal are also featured in recreations of classic Swimsuit covers in the famous body paint section, which was shot on the sandy beaches of the Bahamas.
Overnight sensation Katherine Webb, making her first SI Swimsuit appearance, was shot in New York City. In addition, this year's Swimsuit continues the tradition of featuring world class athletes, as pro surfer Alana Blanchard, Australian hurdler Michelle Jenneke and Dutch field hockey players Eva De Goede and Ellen Hoog were photographed in Las Vegas.
Sports Illustrated will launch the 2013 issue with a destination-wide celebration February 12 to February 15. The Launch week schedule includes:
- SI Swimsuit Launch Party hosted by Crimson in New York City: A party for SI Swimsuit partners, media and VIP guests to be attended by the 2013 Swimsuit models prior to jetting off to Las Vegas. Celebration begins at 5:00 p.m. on Feb. 12.
- SI Swimsuit Live Projection Mapping Event hosted by Caesar's Palace: If you're near Caesar's Palace (or a computer) on Feb. 13 at 11 p.m. Eastern, prepare to have your mind blown. An SI Swimsuit sizzle reel will be beamed onto the hotel's facade, which will—thanks to the magic of projection mapping—be animated in 3-D. If you're not in Las Vegas, the event will be streamed live at SI.com/swimprojection, as well as people.com, ew.com and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit YouTube channel.
- SI Swimsuit on Location hosted by MARQUEE Nightclub at The Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas: The SI Swimsuit launch week event will feature the 2013 Swimsuit models and bring to life all of the beautiful and exotic shoot locations from the 2013 SI Swimsuit issue in a marquee and exclusive nightclub setting. Event begins at 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 13.
- Club SI Swimsuit hosted by 1OAK Nightclub at The Mirage, Las Vegas: This annual event features a main stage reveal of the 2013 Swimsuit models, and a super powered performance from an A-list performer. Club SI Swimsuit begins at 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 14.
- SI Swimsuit Overtime hosted by The Bank Nightclub at Bellagio, Las Vegas: This by-invitation-only event is the final celebration of Swimsuit launch week in Las Vegas. The event begins at midnight on Feb. 15.
ABOUT SPORTS ILLUSTRATED SWIMSUIT
The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit (www.SI.com/swimsuit) franchise reaches more than 62 million people annually, and more men 18 to 34 than the Super Bowl. The iconic franchise now spans more than 20 product extensions in digital social, broadcast, publishing, mobile and consumer products, along with supporting a vibrant experiential marketing business. Since debuting in 1964 Swimsuit has become a pop-culture phenomenon and an established launching pad for successful careers in TV, fashion, business and film including those of Kathy Ireland, Cheryl Tiegs, Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum. All of Swimsuit's product extensions are built upon a heritage of amazing photography and footage of gorgeous models and athletes from the most exotic locations in the world.
SOURCE Sports Illustrated
Software AG helps organizations transform into Digital Enterprises, so they can differentiate from competitors and better engage customers, partners and employees. Using the Software AG Suite, companies can close the gap between business and IT to create digital systems of differentiation that drive front-line agility. We offer four on-ramps to the Digital Enterprise: alignment through collaborative process analysis; transformation through portfolio management; agility through process automation and integration; and visibility through intelligent business operations and big data.
Sep. 30, 2014 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,390
There will be 50 billion Internet connected devices by 2020. Today, every manufacturer has a propriety protocol and an app. How do we securely integrate these "things" into our lives and businesses in a way that we can easily control and manage? Even better, how do we integrate these "things" so that they control and manage each other so our lives become more convenient or our businesses become more profitable and/or safe? We have heard that the best interface is no interface. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Co-Founder & CTO at Octoblu, Inc., will discuss how these devices generate enough data to learn our behaviors and simplify/improve our lives. What if we could connect everything to everything? I'm not only talking about connecting things to things but also systems, cloud services, and people. Add in a little machine learning and artificial intelligence and now we have something interesting...
Sep. 29, 2014 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,846
Last week, while in San Francisco, I used the Uber app and service four times. All four experiences were great, although one of the drivers stopped for 30 seconds and then left as I was walking up to the car. He must have realized I was a blogger. None the less, the next car was just a minute away and I suffered no pain. In this article, my colleague, Ved Sen, Global Head, Advisory Services Social, Mobile and Sensors at Cognizant shares his experiences and insights.
Sep. 28, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,514
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will want to use their existing identities, but these will have credentials already that are (hopefully) irreversibly encoded. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, will look at how this identity problem can be solved and discuss ways to use existing web identities for real-time communication.
Sep. 27, 2014 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,876
Can call centers hang up the phones for good? Intuitive Solutions did. WebRTC enabled this contact center provider to eliminate antiquated telephony and desktop phone infrastructure with a pure web-based solution, allowing them to expand beyond brick-and-mortar confines to a home-based agent model. It also ensured scalability and better service for customers, including MUY! Companies, one of the country's largest franchise restaurant companies with 232 Pizza Hut locations. This is one example of WebRTC adoption today, but the potential is limitless when powered by IoT. Attendees will learn real-world benefits of WebRTC and explore future possibilities, as WebRTC and IoT intersect to improve customer service.
Sep. 27, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,800
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, will share some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, deploy, and manage applications integrating voice, video and data. He is the co-founder of TeleStax, an Open Source Cloud Communications company that helps the shift from legacy IN/SS7 telco networks to IP-based cloud comms. An early investor in multiple start-ups, he still finds time to code for his companies and contribute to open source projects.
Sep. 27, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,260
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to create new business models as significant as those that were inspired by the Internet and the smartphone 20 and 10 years ago. What business, social and practical implications will this phenomenon bring? That's the subject of "Monetizing the Internet of Things: Perspectives from the Front Lines," an e-book released today and available free of charge from Aria Systems, the leading innovator in recurring revenue management.
Sep. 27, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,456
The Internet of Things will put IT to its ultimate test by creating infinite new opportunities to digitize products and services, generate and analyze new data to improve customer satisfaction, and discover new ways to gain a competitive advantage across nearly every industry. In order to help corporate business units to capitalize on the rapidly evolving IoT opportunities, IT must stand up to a new set of challenges.
Sep. 27, 2014 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,332
There’s Big Data, then there’s really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at 6th Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, to discuss how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other machines.
Sep. 27, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,015
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices – computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors – connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be!
Sep. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,179
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Erik Lagerway, Co-founder of Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice services to the modern P2P RTC era of OTT cloud assisted services.
Sep. 26, 2014 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,511
While great strides have been made relative to the video aspects of remote collaboration, audio technology has basically stagnated. Typically all audio is mixed to a single monaural stream and emanates from a single point, such as a speakerphone or a speaker associated with a video monitor. This leads to confusion and lack of understanding among participants especially regarding who is actually speaking. Spatial teleconferencing introduces the concept of acoustic spatial separation between conference participants in three dimensional space. This has been shown to significantly improve comprehension and conference efficiency.
Sep. 26, 2014 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,447
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, will discuss single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series data. By focusing on enterprise applications and the data center, he will use OpenTSDB as an example to explain some of these concepts including when to use different storage models.
Sep. 26, 2014 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,269
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in software-defined storage (SDS) purpose-built for Windows Servers and Hyper-V, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Gridstore™ is the leader in software-defined storage purpose built for virtualization that is designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Using its patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender effect and accelerate applications Gridstore delivers vmOptimized™ Storage that self-optimizes to each application or VM across both virtual and physical environments. Leveraging a grid architecture, Gridstore delivers the first end-to-end storage QoS to ensure the most important App or VM performance is never compromised. The storage grid, that uses Gridstore’s performance optimized nodes or capacity optimized nodes, starts with as few a...
Sep. 26, 2014 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,629
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace. These technological reforms have not only changed computers and smartphones, but are also changing the data processing model for all information devices. In particular, in the area known as M2M (Machine-To-Machine), there are great expectations that information with a new type of value can be produced using a variety of devices and sensors saving/sharing data via the network and through large-scale cloud-type data processing. This consortium believes that attaching a huge number of devic...
Sep. 26, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,560
Innodisk is a service-driven provider of industrial embedded flash and DRAM storage products and technologies, with a focus on the enterprise, industrial, aerospace, and defense industries. Innodisk is dedicated to serving their customers and business partners. Quality is vitally important when it comes to industrial embedded flash and DRAM storage products. That’s why Innodisk manufactures all of their products in their own purpose-built memory production facility. In fact, they designed and built their production center to maximize manufacturing efficiency and guarantee the highest quality of our products.
Sep. 26, 2014 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,562
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. Over the summer Gartner released its much anticipated annual Hype Cycle report and the big news is that Internet of Things has now replaced Big Data as the most hyped technology. Indeed, we're hearing more and more about this fascinating new technological paradigm. Every other IT news item seems to be about IoT and its implications on the future of digital business.
Sep. 26, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,039
Can call centers hang up the phones for good? Intuitive Solutions did. WebRTC enabled this contact center provider to eliminate antiquated telephony and desktop phone infrastructure with a pure web-based solution, allowing them to expand beyond brick-and-mortar confines to a home-based agent model. Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here
Sep. 26, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,513
BSQUARE is a global leader of embedded software solutions. We enable smart connected systems at the device level and beyond that millions use every day and provide actionable data solutions for the growing Internet of Things (IoT) market. We empower our world-class customers with our products, services and solutions to achieve innovation and success. For more information, visit www.bsquare.com.
Sep. 26, 2014 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,410
With the iCloud scandal seemingly in its past, Apple announced new iPhones, updates to iPad and MacBook as well as news on OSX Yosemite. Although consumers will have to wait to get their hands on some of that new stuff, what they can get is the latest release of iOS 8 that Apple made available for most in-market iPhones and iPads. Originally announced at WWDC (Apple’s annual developers conference) in June, iOS 8 seems to spearhead Apple’s newfound focus upon greater integration of their products into everyday tasks, cross-platform mobility and self-monitoring. Before you update your device, here is a look at some of the new features and things you may want to consider from a mobile security perspective.
Sep. 26, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,387