|By Business Wire||
|February 11, 2013 10:06 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fsfm4b/social_media) has announced the addition of the "Social Media, Digital Tools, and Mobile Technology Trends in Life Science" report to their offering.
The purpose of this survey was to understand the current and future use of digital technologies and how this landscape is changing the scientists that use them and the vendors and advertisers that wish to engage them.
- Many mainstream social media platforms are being used for both personal and professional use concurrently with the exception of LinkedIn which remains primarily a professional venue.
- Women between 25-34 are the most active segment of users of social media.
- Newer tools such as Reddit, Tumblr and Pinterest, although used less than mature tools such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, are attracting a significant number of younger researchers.
Companies should take notice of this trend, not only as a potential channel for outreach, but also for insights into what of these features of these tools appeal to future decision-makers.
- Even highly active users of popular social media are not highly engaged with science-specific platforms.
- Many science-specific platforms have struggled to establish a presence in the community; more than 50% of respondents had not joined or did not know about science-focused communities.
- Reference management tools are one of the most highly used science-specific tools among those surveyed, while inventory and lab management applications are eclipsed by multipurpose utilities like Microsoft Office® programs and Google Docs.
- There is a growing demand for mobile and tablet applications in life sciences.
- There is a strong distinction between the applications used in mobile versus tablets.
Key Topics Covered:
SOCIAL MEDIA USAGE
MOBILE AND TABLET DEVICES
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fsfm4b/social_media
Oct. 8, 2015 04:00 PM EDT
Oct. 8, 2015 03:45 PM EDT
Oct. 8, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 212
Oct. 8, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 131
Oct. 8, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 492
Oct. 8, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 644
Oct. 8, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 222
Oct. 8, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 759
Oct. 8, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 472
Oct. 8, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 254
Oct. 8, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 507
Oct. 8, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 603
Oct. 8, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 574
Oct. 8, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 727
Oct. 8, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,865
Oct. 8, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 759
Oct. 8, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 488
Oct. 8, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 543
Oct. 8, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,376
Oct. 8, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 282