|By Marketwired .||
|February 7, 2013 04:26 PM EST||
NEW YORK, NY and BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/13 -- Today at the Gartner Business Intelligence and Analytics Summit in Barcelona, Information Builders, a leader in business intelligence (BI) and analytics, information integrity, and integration solutions, announced that it was positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of the firm's "Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms." The recognition is based on the evaluation of the company's WebFOCUS BI solutions suite.
According to the report, the BI and analytics platform is "a software platform that delivers 15 capabilities across three categories: integration, information delivery, and analysis." In the report, Gartner states: "This emphasis on data discovery from most of the leaders in the market -- which are now promoting tools with business-user-friendly data integration, coupled with embedded storage and computing layers (typically in-memory/columnar) and unfettered drilling -- accelerates the trend toward decentralization and user empowerment of BI and analytics, and greatly enables organizations' ability to perform diagnostic analytics."
Strategic organizations are realizing the intrinsic value of deploying information to large numbers of people, both within the enterprise and to external customers, suppliers, and other parties. With its intuitive solutions and ability to support any number of concurrent users, Information Builders is uniquely positioned to help companies capitalize on this trend by better managing their data for the highest returns possible on their information investment. WebFOCUS allows even non-technical end users to access, customize, and assemble real-time interactive dashboards and run self-service reports and ad hoc queries to obtain unique insights. Advanced visualization and predictive modeling can be embedded into these solutions, enabling users to ensure that every decision is the result of analytics, regardless of their level of technical expertise.
WebFOCUS is fully integrated with Information Builders' iWay integration and information integrity solutions, allowing companies to seamlessly integrate and cleanse data from disparate sources for more accurate insight. The company's robust capabilities also extend to virtually every mobile platform -- without device-specific coding -- ensuring that customers can access and manipulate information on the go with the same functionality they enjoy in the office. Highly scalable, Information Builders' solutions can support user groups of all sizes, types, and functions and accommodate new users and applications without requiring additional infrastructure or administrative resources.
"At Information Builders, we've noticed a trend of customers viewing their existing data as an investment in the same manner they might view financial or human capital," said Gerald Cohen, president and CEO of Information Builders. "The best way to reap the ultimate reward from this information capital investment is by giving the entire spectrum of users -- both internal and external -- the necessary tools to conduct real-time data analysis, regardless of their technical expertise. This is something Information Builders has been doing for years, and we believe our enduring position as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant is a testament to the efficacy of our solutions in this area. We're honored by the recognition and look forward to helping more companies maximize the value of their information capital."
To access the "Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence Platforms" in its entirety please click here.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Information Builders
Information Builders helps organizations transform data into business value. Our software solutions for business intelligence and analytics, integration, and data integrity empower people to make smarter decisions, strengthen customer relationships, and drive growth. Our dedication to customer success is unmatched in the industry. That's why tens of thousands of leading organizations rely on Information Builders to be their trusted partner. Founded in 1975, Information Builders is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices around the world, and remains one of the largest independent, privately held companies in the industry. Visit us at informationbuilders.com, follow us on Twitter at @infobldrs, like us on Facebook and visit our LinkedIn page.
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing