|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced Oracle Snap Management Utility, a new enhancement to its storage software portfolio designed to streamline and automate critical tasks for customers using Oracle Database with Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance.
- Tightly integrated with the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance, Oracle Snap Management Utility automates and accelerates the creation and management of snapshot-based copies and clones of Oracle databases by reducing the steps required from nine to one for snapshots and 12 to one for clones.
- Oracle Snap Management Utility allows customers to create virtually unlimited snapshots for infinite scalability versus the maximum 255 allowed by competitive offerings such as NetApp Snapshot software.
- Oracle Snap Management Utility is available as a software option for the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance and enables database administrators to perform snapshot and cloning operations directly in its browser user interface.
- Oracle Snap Management Utility is qualified and supported on Oracle Database 10g and Oracle Database 11g and on Oracle Engineered Systems, including Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle SPARC SuperCluster and Oracle Database Appliance.
- It helps minimize risk by allowing increased frequency and consistency of backups, and provides a higher level of protection for critical data and improved recovery times in the event of an outage. It also complements the built-in availability and data protection features of Sun ZFS Storage Appliances and Oracle Database.
- In addition to streamlining data protection processes, customers using Oracle Snap Management Utility for Oracle Database with the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance can:
- Create user-initiated clones for test, development, quality assurance, reporting and training in only one additional step. This helps accelerate product development cycles by putting new environments in the hands of developers in minutes, rather than in hours or weeks previously required to coordinate database and storage resources independently.
- Automate snapshot management for scheduling, policy-based retention and annotating snapshots with metadata. This radically simplifies database administrators' daily tasks, rapidly perpetuates best practices and allows them to more easily manage their own unique environments.
- Restore to a snapshot at any point in time, easily returning to a prior state in case of errors, which helps speed the software development process.
- Save money and valuable storage space by leveraging point-in-time storage-efficient virtual copies of the data instead of storing physical copies of each dataset.
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances demonstrate high performance in all major storage benchmarks and are the only NAS products engineered with Oracle's complete software stack, from Oracle Applications to Oracle Database and Oracle VM, as well as Engineered Systems such as the Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4-4.
- "Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances are highly integrated with Oracle Database to optimize configuration, simplify management and deliver best-in-class performance," said Phil Bullinger, senior vice president, Storage, Oracle. "Oracle Snap Management Utility simplifies the creation and management of Oracle Database snapshots and clones and puts control back into the hands of the database administrator. Ultimately, this helps businesses reduce risk by streamlining data protection processes and improve the bottom line through increased business agility in test, development, quality assurance and training."
- White Paper: Oracle Snap Management Utility for Oracle Database
- Oracle's Sun NAS
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance Series Family Data Sheet
- Oracle Storage Benchmarks
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Steps required for snapshots reduced from nine to one; steps required for clones reduced from twelve to one.
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,696
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,479
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,263
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 30, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 474
Sep. 30, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,257
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 30, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,219
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,157
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,091
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,568
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 503
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 553
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,992
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,761
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 775
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 592
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 265
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 273
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,036
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,361
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,297