|By Business Wire||
|February 1, 2013 08:04 AM EST||
- There are now more mobile-connected devices than people on earth. This creates an incredible opportunity for vendors and service companies, but at what cost?
- Everywhere we look, companies are tracking our whereabouts through the multiple devices we use to access the Internet, but at what point will consumers turn off?
- This debate will look at whether consumers are taking control when it comes to their online identity, or whether more transparency is necessary to enable consumers to do this.
- Mobile security is a serious threat in business, and AVG suggests many of the same principles should be applied to consumers to stop the wave of mobile breaches every month.
- With children as young as four frequently using mobile devices to access the internet, AVG believes education across multiple generations is necessary to reinforce that device security is as important as locking your front door.
|J.R. Smith is one of the foremost experts on the future of Information Technology, disruptive innovation as well as consumer privacy, rights, and dynamics, both within the United States and globally. He is the CEO of AVG Technologies, a multinational corporation recognized as one of the biggest players in the consumer security software market, uniquely positioned to spearhead innovation in the privacy and security industries thanks to the employment of some of the world’s leading experts in privacy, security and disruptive technologies. In February 2012, Smith led a successful public offering of AVG Technologies on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AVG).|
AVG's mission is to simplify, optimize and secure the Internet experience, providing peace of mind to a connected world. AVG's powerful yet easy-to-use software and online services put users in control of their Internet experience. By choosing AVG's software and services, users become part of a trusted global community that benefits from inherent network effects, mutual protection and support. AVG has grown its user base to 143 million active users as of September 30, 2012 and offers a product portfolio that targets the consumer and small business markets and includes Internet security, PC performance optimization, online backup, mobile security, identity protection and family safety software. For more information please visit www.avg.com.
|Monday, February 25, 2013, 15:15 – 16.15|
|Mobile World Congress, Fira de Barcelona, Hall 8.0 Theatre District, Theatre A|
Keep in touch with AVG
- For breaking news, follow AVG on Twitter at www.twitter.com/officialAVGnews
- For small business security trends analysis, follow the AVG small business blog at small-business.blog.avg.com
- Join our Facebook community at www.facebook.com/AVGfree
- Join our LinkedIn community www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2719797
Aug. 30, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 322
Aug. 30, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,774
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,036
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,773
Aug. 30, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 654
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 868
Aug. 30, 2016 01:20 PM EDT Reads: 267
Aug. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,067
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,234
Aug. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 415
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,874
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,261
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,063
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,954
Aug. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,692
Aug. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,511
Aug. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,465
Aug. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,005
Aug. 29, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 911
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,100