|By Marketwired .||
|January 29, 2013 10:54 AM EST||
COPENHAGEN, DENMARK -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- Libratone today announced a free software update that increases the performance and versatility of the Libratone Zipp, Live and Lounge wireless speakers across multiple device platforms, as well as enhancing the product lineup's existing capabilities for the Apple iOS.
With this update, Android and Windows users now will be able to see, hear and feel the attractive design and audiophile-grade sounds of the Libratone family of wireless speakers, which have been available since 2011 for consumers with iPhones and iPads. The update also extends PlayDirect technology, originally developed for Libratone Zipp, to the Libratone Live and Lounge, enabling the speakers to work without the need for a Wi-Fi network or complicated setup. Applying the update is easy by downloading or updating the Libratone iPhone app.
"This update underscores our commitment to continually innovate our products, deliver uncompromising quality and expand our customers' options for making the most of their music," says Tommy Andersen, CEO of Libratone. "The very essence of Libratone is freedom, and through this update many more people will be able to set their music free."
According to research from IDC, the market for wireless audio equipment is likely to top $4.5 billion by 2015. At the same time, the rapid adoption of smartphones and tablets has created increasing demand for both portability and high-quality sounds from wireless speakers, which consumers use in their homes, offices and everywhere they travel.
Libratone's wireless speakers have always been designed to work seamlessly with Apple's iPhone and iPad but now also support DLNA technology -- a widely supported industry standard. This extends compatibility to Android and Windows devices, enabling them to stream music to Libratone's speakers through any in-home Wi-Fi network. Part of the new update is also a Libratone Android app, which will be available for download in February 2013.
PlayDirect works in conjunction with both AirPlay and DLNA technology, creating a direct Wi-Fi connection between the Libratone wireless speaker and any compatible device. Whether connected through Airplay, DLNA or using PlayDirect, Libratone wireless speakers deliver an unparalleled audio experience.
The update is applicable to the current family of Libratone wireless speakers and includes improved sound performance on all three units:
Libratone Zipp -- It leaves the house
The fashionable Libratone Zipp not only gives anyone the freedom of music anywhere, anytime, it also features a built-in battery and leather handle for easy portability and changeable wool covers in eight vivid colors to suit all tastes and occasions. The Libratone Zipp was recently named an International CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards Honoree 2013, and has also received a 2013 iF product design award.
Libratone Live -- It moves around in the house
Winner of the CES Innovations Design and Engineering Award 2012 and the Good Design Award 2012, the Libratone Live is a versatile and powerful wireless sound system. FullRoom technology eliminates the so-called sweet spot and gives you a 360 degree sound experience. In other words, you only need one speaker to fill a room with fantastic sound.
Libratone Lounge -- It owns the house
Good Design Award 2012 winner, Libratone Lounge is a true hi-fi replacement for your living room and is a perfect match for the television. It combines advanced technology with five dedicated amplifiers to enhance movie and music experiences, and the minimalistic Scandinavian design makes the sound system add to the decor.
Download the Libratone iphone app here: itunes.apple.com/app/libratone/id461374277?mt=8
NEW PRICE REDUCTION! Due to improved production cost Libratone Live, a flexible sound system that adjusts to your lifestyle, costs $549.00 and Libratone Lounge, a true hi-fi replacement for your living room costs $1,299.95 in a range of five handpicked colors made from exclusive Italian wool.
Libratone Zipp, a portable sound system, with changeable wool covers and rechargeable battery comes in 3-pack-color boxes with two extra wool zip-on covers included, and retails for $399.95 for a single color box and $449.00 for a Libratone Zipp color collection box.
Libratone creates sound systems for today. That's it!
Our approach is a three-headed beast: Wireless technology, hi-fi quality, and Scandinavian design -- in one sound source.
Our goal is to add a new high-end audio dimension to the tablets, smartphones and computers worldwide and to deliver an alternative to clumsy stereo systems and the wire-havoc they wreak. All without compromising the sound experience.
Press materials can be found at: www.libratone.com/press/
AirPlay, iPhone and iPad are registered trademark of Apple Inc.
DLNA is a registered trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Libratone and FullRoom are registered trademarks of Libratone A/S.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2213976
- WSO2 Carbon, WSO2 API Manager and WSO2 Governance Registry Increase Speed, Scalability and High Availability Through Hazelcast
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- U.S. General Services Administration Moves Order Management System to IBM SmartCloud for Government
- The DevOps Way to Solve JVM Memory Issues
- Cisco Web Security Webinar: Ensure World Class Protection
- SDN: Uncovering Amazon's Secret Sauce
- Mobilizing Business Data: The Holy Grail of Enterprise Mobility
- What Doesn't Kill You Makes You...Smarter
- On-Premise or Cloud ERP - Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Ten Questions to Avoid a Classical Business War Room Scenario
- What Business Leaders Want from IT Monitoring
- The Final IT Evolution – Cloud
- WebRTC Summit at Cloud Expo Agenda Announced
- OneLogin Raises $13M to Power Expansion
- Gartner Hype Cycle 2012 – Emerging Technologies
- Five Technology Trends That Require Scrutiny
- Nine Stunning 3D Printed Objects
- User Accounts Are Only the Tip of the Iceberg
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Ford Motor, Microsoft, Volkswagen, General Motors, Autodesk, Apple, Google and Adobe Systems
- Fathers of Clouds – A Tribute
- Acquia Appoints Martyn Eley as General Manager of EMEA Operations
- Open Server Summit Reports Doubling of Registration
- Drupal 8: A View into Performance
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing