|By Business Wire||
|January 28, 2013 07:55 PM EST||
Actian Corp. (“Actian”), an innovator in next generation big data management and creators of the innovative record-breaking, analytic database Vectorwise, and Pervasive Software Inc. (NASDAQ: PVSW), a global leader in cloud-based and on-premise data innovation, today announced that the two companies have entered into a definitive merger agreement pursuant to which Actian will acquire all of Pervasive’s outstanding shares for $9.20 per share.
The deal values Pervasive at $161.9m and accelerates Actian’s ability to deliver its vision of providing organizations with the capability to take action in real time as their business environment changes.
“Big data is an opportunity and a challenge for organizations in every industry, with potentially valuable business critical insight locked away in inaccessible and indecipherable systems. This makes data management and insight today’s big question for businesses looking at how to unlock the substantial incremental business value in their big data,” said Steve Shine, CEO & president of Actian Corporation. “This transaction combines the proven ability of both companies to out-innovate and out-perform the industry giants allowing us to deliver the promise of big data to every organization.”
“There is a lot of industry discussion around the big data challenge. This debate essentially boils down to how organizations extract business value from data in a way that is powerful yet simple,” Shine continued. “We want to give customers the tools to get to the data, find those nuggets of insight and act on it immediately. Would an e-tailer benefit from knowing the social preferences for those in his on-line store or from real-time alerts from a price comparison site for items in stock? The Actian and Pervasive merger allows us to bring this and countless other data driven benefits to the market in a way that enables every business to create compelling business outcomes from the promise of big data.”
Actian and Pervasive provide complex data management solutions to tens of thousands of mission critical deployments around the globe. This merger gives all customers access to a larger portfolio of products, and provides our joint partners greater opportunity to offer new solutions in adjacent markets. The combined company together will drive a vision to help all organizations extract greater competitive value from their data.
Over the past few years both companies have independently demonstrated their ability to innovate to provide highly differentiated solutions in the data management market. Actian’s Vectorwise currently holds multiple records for performance and is fast becoming the analytic platform of choice for digital companies around the world. This combined with Pervasive Big Data and Analytics software will enable organizations to take advantage of Hadoop-era clusters for rapid insights on large data sets. Pervasive’s Data Rush and Data Cloud products too have been critically acclaimed by the industry.
“Together, the combined group has the technology and global presence to deliver the ability to extract, analyze and take action on big data in real time,” concluded Shine. “Every organization can now act on real insights to take action on big data.”
Actian's exclusive financial advisor was Evercore Partners and its legal counsel was Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP. Financing for this transaction will be provided by TPG Lending Company.
*Gartner Group Oct 2012
About Actian: Take Action on Big Data
Actian Corporation enables organizations to transform big data into business value with data management solutions to transact, analyze, and take automated action across their business operations. Actian helps 10,000+ customers worldwide take action on their big data with Action Apps, Vectorwise, the analytical database, Ingres, an independent mission-critical OLTP database, and Versant Object Database. Actian is headquartered in California with offices in New York, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam and Melbourne. Stay connected with Actian Corporation on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Actian, Cloud Action Platform, Action Apps, Ingres and Vectorwise are trademarks of Actian Corporation. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Forward−looking Statements Certain statements contained in this press release about our expectation of future events or results constitute forward-looking statements for purposes of the safe harbor provisions of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. You can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as, “may,” “should,” “expects,” “plans,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “predicts,” “potential,” “continue,” or the negative of these terms or other comparable terminology. These statements are not historical facts, but instead represent only our beliefs regarding future events, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and outside of our control. It is possible that our actual results and financial condition may differ, possibly materially, from our anticipated results and financial condition indicated in these forward-looking statements. In addition, certain factors could affect the outcome of the matters described in this press release.
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- MangoApps to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Introduces Industry’s First Enterprise Identity Bus With the Launch of WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- The Butterfly Effect Within IT
- The Business Challenges Impacting Digital Transformation
- Stay Current on the Internet of Things
- Setting the Bar for Agile Architecture
- New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
- IoT: I Don't Care How Big It Is!
- How to Get the Best From Virtual Employees
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- .CLUB Domain Name Extension Now Available for General Registration
- AMAG, HP, ImageWare Systems, March Networks and StrikeForce Discuss Security Solutions in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- MapR Technologies Announces Upcoming June Conferences
- More Mainstream Businesses Depend on Open Source
- F5 to Present at Upcoming Technology and Investor Conferences
- The Odd Couple: Marrying Agile and Waterfall
- Flexera Software’s InstallShield 2014 Release Introduces New Support of Cloud and Virtualised Installations, High-DPI Displays and Touch Devices, and Agile Development
- FlexNet Manager Suite Wins CODiE Award for Best Asset Management Solution - 4th CODiE Award for Flexera Software
- Fanning the Flames of Agile
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- Who Are The All-Time Heroes of i-Technology?
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Success, Arrogance, Rise and Fall
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Personal Branding Checklist
- i-Technology Viewpoint: Attack of the Blogs
- Exclusive Q&A with Jeff Haynie, Co-Founder & CEO, Appcelerator
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- Web 2.0 News and Wrapping Up "Real-World AJAX" Seminar